Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I went through the same thing here, but I asked about "bbm" and was told about the glossary. A wonderful thing it was!

I remember, when lingo first began appearing (several years before I joined WS) -- I saw "LOL" in an email to me, and thought it meant "Little Old Lady," and it kind of pizzed me off!

All we can do is LAL -- live and learn!

My mother in law texted several people that an elderly relative had passed away. She signed off....LOL.

We think she understands it to mean “lots of love.”

I found 2 possibilities after having read through all the posts and available online info including her SM. Both fit into the theory that she got home from her run but went walking towards her mother's house and got picked up on the way (also consistent with her father's theory that possible she went with someone who she knew and thought she could trust and circumstances got out of hand). I grew up as a distance runner in a rural area, and I would never have accepted a ride during a run, but I would have accepted if offered by someone I knew while walking from point A to point B. Problem is, I don't know where to go with this since if it is wrong it probably violates TOS, and of course it could make someone who is innocent feel very bad.

Without naming names and keeping it high level, Theory 1 is it seems from Mollie's SM years ago she had a bad relationship experience, maybe including some body shaming (which she has clearly, strongly gotten past), and she has posted at least 2 "no-means-no" type items. There is what seems like an antagonistic poster of comments to a few of Mollie's SM items (can't tell for sure, could be sarcasm and wit). Although her family and current boyfriend agree she has no enemies, is it possible someone in her past was holding an unrequited animosity? That person's account is mysteriously gone from the same SM platform. I was shocked when I was scrolling through a map posted a couple pages back and a specific family name coincidentally came up in the same general area south of I80 where everyone is guessing her electronic trail ended (which is too far to run.)

Theory 2 is a specific person in a position of trust and authority during an important time in her life, who in a recent interview referred to everything about Mollie in the past tense. It really stood out to me since everyone else in interviews was referring to her in the present tense.

I didn't invent either of these theories, they exist in a pattern within information that is available to everyone. Hate to throw anyone under the bus, but where do I go with this? Are these areas that would already be covered by LE?

The family has been very positive and supportive of LE up to this point. As with so many cases that don't progress family ends up getting frustrated and next thing you know they start doing more interviews, sharing more details that they know of the case and complaining about LE not following up on what they consider important leads. I'm wondering how long before this starts happening with the Tibbetts family. I remember the Smart family releasing their own sketch of the kidnapper of their daughter. LE refused to release it. If the family hadn't done that themselves Elizabeth may not have ever been found.

He also said:

Kriegel: We honestly don’t know. That was the last time she was sited.

I believe there were 2 witness sightings of Mollie jogging at 7:30 and 7:45p respectively, and not that 15 minutes was the duration of her jog. That doesn't follow the unconfirmed evidence since this July 25, 2018 interview. MOO
Yes, if 2 witnesses saw her within that time frame it makes sense. But I don't know what unconfirmed evidence you are referring to that would contradict it, if you have a link I would appreciate it!

Reactions: d4j
I believe I need to clarify my post about that STANDARD OIL station/museum whatever -

It is actually outside the city limits right? Someone here is quick to reply with the Sheriff saying all buildings in Brooklyn have been searched. (I personally am not so convinced they have been considering some of the other statements made and no actual grid search was done which for me made sense more than just her jogging route.

Understand the initial search was more to locate an injured Mollie. Not so much out of the gate - let's clear every property in this county if we must and as fast as we can!

A few threads ago someone posted about infrared being used to find both live missing or lost and buried bodies , even years later. That all started as a research project in the 1970s. And the science has improved over time. And between robots and drones we are better - that is if we use the technology.

That isn't years or decades but over almost a half a century ago we began to really have a tool which allows outdoor spaces to be cleared more quickly and using considerably less manpower.

Add to that the highway boards installed since 9/11 from coast to coast. Most of us with a cell phone at the ready - and the internet, and it just seems to me that when it comes to someone missing, the good guys should always use a gridsearch and it should be legal.

We have traffic stops and if the dumb criminal happens to take that road - Oh well, the truth is the truth.

When we have someone missing, and a gridsearch is done, I think the same sort of logic should apply.

I know I will get pushback because of privacy laws. It isn't as though LE is creating a missing person case to entrap someone!

I don’t believe I’ve seen this first article posted here. It is from a Mankato, MN news source (Southern Minnesota Today) posted on July 30th, and referencing an attack that occurred on Friday, July 27 at an I-90 rest stop near Blue Earth, MN.

Blue Earth is approx. 250 miles from Brooklyn, and the two communities are connected by the interstate network. (I-80 west to Des Moines (IA); I-35 north to Albert Lee (MN); I-90 west to Blue Earth. (FWIW, Blue Earth is about 650 miles from Miner, MO.)

“The suspect is described as 5’11” to 6′ tall with a muscular build and numerous tattoos. One of the tattoos was a scorpion on his right forearm.”

Woman Fights Off Attacker at Rest Stop, Search for Suspect Continues

The Miner, MO attempted abduction (previously discussed) occured on Tuesday, July 17th. POI description: “He has what appears to be a white beard or a white goatee," said Griggs. "He does have tattoos on his arms. He weighs about 300 pounds according to the victim“
Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

Being I am a retired LE officer, I have already commented on WHY LE with holds info at pressers. So I wont continue repeating it.
I am apparently one of the minority, who understand the reasons.
IMO, LE releasing very limited public info, is a positive aspect. This investigation is obviously complex.
LE cancelled tomorrow's presser; I perceive that as they have active leads, they are following up on. Not that they its come to a standstill.
I agree and I hope they are making progress!!

Being I am a retired LE officer, I have already commented on WHY LE with holds info at pressers. So I wont continue repeating it.
I am apparently one of the minority, who understand the reasons.
IMO, LE releasing very limited public info, is a positive aspect. This investigation is obviously complex.
LE cancelled tomorrow's presser; I perceive that as they have active leads, they are following up on. Not that they its come to a standstill.

Count me in the minority. ;)

I believe I need to clarify my post about that STANDARD OIL station/museum whatever -

It is actually outside the city limits right? Someone here is quick to reply with the Sheriff saying all buildings in Brooklyn have been searched. (I personally am not so convinced they have been considering some of the other statements made and no actual grid search was done which for me made sense more than just her jogging route.

Understand the initial search was more to locate an injured Mollie. Not so much out of the gate - let's clear every property in this county if we must and as fast as we can!

A few threads ago someone posted about infrared being used to find both live missing or lost and buried bodies , even years later. That all started as a research project in the 1970s. And the science has improved over time. And between robots and drones we are better - that is if we use the technology.

That isn't years or decades but over almost a half a century ago we began to really have a tool which allows outdoor spaces to be cleared more quickly and using considerably less manpower.

Add to that the highway boards installed since 9/11 from coast to coast. Most of us with a cell phone at the ready - and the internet, and it just seems to me that when it comes to someone missing, the good guys should always use a gridsearch and it should be legal.

We have traffic stops and if the dumb criminal happens to take that road - Oh well, the truth is the truth.

When we have someone missing, and a gridsearch is done, I think the same sort of logic should apply.

I know I will get pushback because of privacy laws. It isn't as though LE is creating a missing person case to entrap someone!

Interesting. A couple years ago I bought an infrared camera that attaches to an IPhone. Very helpful if you want to spot your dog outside. You tell it to sit, then look at how hot it is.

I wanted to do a research project following inflammation. One time we were looking for ghost towns, and came to a pretty old (for the Midwest) cemetery. Maybe I was wrong, but I could tell the graves by the infrared pattern. It was clearly 'warmer' over the graves.

I do not know if that was a real finding or not, but I suspect it was. A good resource is the Univ of Tennessee that engages in this kind of forensic research.

Point is, I think you are correct. However you would have to control for all the other living things - corn. animals etc.

Just to reiterate, my dearly departed husband was a longhaul trucker for years. Over a million miles driven safely.
I know more than most about the entire subculture. I don't even think it's "sub" anything.
Yes there are true creeps and horrible outlaws amongst them.
But on the whole they are great people, much like the rest of us.
My husband did teach me not to get out of the truck at night when we were parked at rest areas or truck stops. I had to wake him up when I did. Strange and dangerous people lurk under parked trucks and grab unwary men and women by the ankle and pull them under.
Obviously, this isn't what happened with Mollie.
But there are true serials out there. Right now they are on the hunt.
Truckers and all travellers are very important IMO for getting the word out and also because they don't just travel the major routes. They go everywhere. (heck we brought down a power line in Oklahoma one time delivering jacuzzis to a retirement home)
None of us know where Mollie is.
Truckstops can attract the very worst type of people imaginable.
There are several unsolved cases that could in some way be linked to Mollie's IF the answer doesn't lie in Brooklyn.
Just my opinion and If You Are Reading Here and You have Info or Know where Mollie is, make that call.
It will only escalate. It just will.
Chi

RBBM

Chi: Couldn't agree more. Our next-door neighbor was a longhaul trucker as well, and walked me directly to our door after I was finished babysitting for his kids. And, my family liked eating at the local truck stops. Good service, food and prices.

I agree with this very, very much. I constantly hope for the day when public safety is more important than personal feelings. Not in a legal sort of sense, but in a societal sense. We absolutely would benefit as a world if people weren't frozen by rules that really should not be considered more important than a person's life.

Don't shut down the thread now. The hours before a presser often produce leaks.

Just another thought: Maybe LE has too many suspects? I had one case where a couple was killed. Police had a whole row of suspects: people who the couple owed money to for dope, people who were "swinging" with the couple, even a guy who was hiding items from his bankruptcy case on their property. It was years ago, and no one has ever been charged. To the outside world, this couple seemed like regular people with regular occupations.

It doesn't seem that MT would have anything that crazy in her life, but you never know -- there could be a handful of acquaintances who, for one reason or another, have drawn the interest of LE. Maybe they just need a little bit more to get a search warrant, or a little bit more to narrow in on someone.

The fact that they haven't asked the public for help finding a certain type of vehicle, or help finding someone who was wearing certain clothing, or perhaps even help finding a person in a sketch, makes me think the investigators are doing just fine on their own -- or they have zilch.

One thing for sure: If she's alive, she didn't leave voluntarily. She would have at least logged into her social media by now to check things out, and LE would know it.

I believe that LE is ACTIVELY pursuing new leads. That their investigation has not gone stale. That it has not been advantageous, to solicit public assistance.
I remain confidant in LE's resources.

Haven't had time to catch and read. Any updates today? Press conference tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg