Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT another mystifying case...Kortne Stouffer (?) was that her last name?
Chelsea’s case was solved after she vanished from a Halloween party...
Sadly more names come to mind like Kortne’s than Chelsea’s...
True. I live in the town over from Kortne. So so bizarre. She literally vanished into thin air. 6 years later still nothing. Sometimes I wonder if they know who it was, just not enough evidence, especially without a body. If there isn’t enough evidence and jury finds them not guilty and later a body shows up, they can’t try them again. Double jeopardy.

There seems to be two schools of thought here. The press conferences are canceled because they are onto something big, and they are canceled because they have nothing. It may be the snark in me, but I just don’t think they have anything at all to report. I feel like they are going down an endless rabbit hole with WC.
And who's to say it won't get cancelled Monday? Yeah. I'm leaning toward these cancellations are strategic, but then, I tend to read things into most things & overcomplicate everything. It's all so strange.

Oh dear, it sounds like hog pens in Iowa are particularly bad for swallowing up women.

Since no one connected with the investigation into Mollie's disappearance has any control over a hog pen, should we move beyond the pig, hog, gruesome pig roast, and assumption that a digital trail to a Guernsey farm means that her body is in the pig farm.

What if the culprit behind Mollie's disappearance is tech savvy. What if the trail to the Guernsey farm area is a ruse.

Even if police find some trace between the Guernsey farms and Mollie, do we actually expect that the evidence will provide new information?

Yes, what if it is a distraction?

O/T

You continue to be brilliant, Otto!

Last edited:
Terrible. The press knows just how to word things to cause a stir, at the expense of these poor people. They should be ashamed.

Maybe he should be ashamed for doing an interview with the media. What was he thinking?

I wonder in this whole little town who didn't show up to work the next day or might have had wounds. I suppose LE surely went business to business checking and I hope they knocked on the door of every house.

This case reminds me very much of Holly Bobo. And it was a friend of a friend of a friend. No clear motive but a drug fueled rage. (that I recall)
People keep saying that, but I honestly don't see any similarities except that they both went missing. There was plenty of evidence right from the start in that case. What makes this so different is that there is not.

I have questions. First, it probably has been answered and I just missed it, but what is the occasion where she is wearing the mint green dress outside and you can see several people reflected in the glass who have cameras taking pictures?

How long had she been a "jogger", she does not have the physique of most daily "runners" and most don't run every day? These girls are very stringy and wiry usually in arms and legs.

I seem to keep seeing shifting days and times of last seen and what she was wearing. Last in red t-shirt and jean shorts? Was she seen in them or just the clothes are "missing"?

TIA

For some reason only unsolved ones are coming to mind like Tara Calico and the Springfield three. Actually, Mollie's case, as of now, reminds me a lot of Jennifer Kesse. Because with Jennifer's case there is also some differing beliefs as to whether she disappeared at night or the following morning.

Sheri Arnold, Sidney, MT, beloved high school teacher and long-time jogger. Left house in January for a run before school and vanished. Two meth heads on their way to find work in the Bakken Oil Fields kidnapped and choked her because the one wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone. Perps were found after several months; one turned state’s evidence and ultimately led police to her body on the prairie in ND.

Yes! It is very rare and unusual. Apparently that's the reason for so much nationwide attention. A complete mystery. Also thinking about so many others missing, and their families who are not getting such attention!

FL - FL - Kristy Rogers, 16, Crestview, 2 Aug 1997

Here's one that occurred in the town I live. Her circumstances continue to stump police and everyone around here, especially considering her mother's house was less than a mile from where she was last seen. No indication of a struggle, she definitely didn't run away (she left behind medication for her kidneys), and her personal effects were dumped between the boyfriend's apartment and a shopping center 6 months later.

Huh... mollie’s pinned tweet about the cop at the library and asking her about the missing girl/ pink sweater and if she got off the bus is no longer pinned. Twitter users - this has to be manually removed correct? I don’t believe it expires over time. Who removed it? Why?

Man who recalls seeing Tibbetts before disappearance defends self

BROOKLYN, Iowa (KWQC) – Devin Riley did not know what was coming after giving a nationally-televised interview regarding the July 18 disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts.

“Long stares and uncomfortable moments at the store” are just the beginning, Riley said.

He said his daughters have been awoken by “knocks on the door with cameras” while he was at work, and it has been painful reading hundreds of unkind comments on a social media post about his interview.

“Last I checked there were over 1,100 comments, and it was about 50 percent accusatory and demeaning about me,” Riley told KWQC Thursday evening.

“Today has been beyond crazy and stressful for me and my family. I didn’t expect this reaction.”

The Brooklyn, Iowa native and engaged father of two young girls told ABC News, “I've seen {Tibbetts} probably three to four times per week. She'd kind of jog down the street and towards the hill."

This is so wrong!! The problem here though is that I think they are bringing this on themselves. LE really hasn't released names of witnesses have they. I thought the witness' themselves came forward and were interviewed by media. Am I wrong?

The problem with cases like this where information is not being openly shared by LE is that the media go into a feeding frenzy in order to be the first to report the latest and they can be savage. If these locals contacted the media on their own accord they made a big mistake. The media will continue to hound them because they have nothing else to report on and that just makes some innocent people get the side eye from their fellow citizens. This guy came forward with good intentions I am going to assume did so in order to assist in this investigation. I hope law enforcement wasn't the ones to release their names to the press. I don't think they did since they have been so tight lipped about everything else and had to know the people would be stalked by the press. Other possible witness' seeing this will think twice before coming forward.

Last edited:
People keep saying that, but I honestly don't see any similarities except that they both went missing. There was plenty of evidence right from the start in that case. What makes this so different is that there is not.

I agree. It was known from the beginning exactly where she went missing from and the exact time. There was blood in the garage and her brother saw the person who took her, even though it was from a distance.

I apologize if this has been asked previously...

Has this info contained that was posted July 19 on the KCCI website regarding MT?
Has this been verified or referenced by family or anyone else?

mollie tibbetts - Google Search:

Mollie Tibbetts hasn't been seen or heard from in nearly 24 hours.
///
She may be in a hs athletic tshirt, denim shorts and chaco sandals.

I don’t know but I used to take a lot of infrared photography using Hoya R72 filter on my old Olympus c-2020. It’s a really old camera that works great for infrared handheld photography using the R72 filter. I love infrared for the beautiful artistic photographs. If you google infrared photography you can see how cool it is the skies looks dark and foliage looks white like snow. Cemeteries and old ghost towns were where I liked to take b&w infrared photos.

Sorry to go off topic but infrared was mentioned and I really dig it.
The reason I asked is I was curious if they are still actively looking for a body and what area they were looking

I agree. It was known from the beginning exactly where she went missing from and the exact time. There was blood in the garage and her brother saw the person who took her, even though it was from a distance.
Yes, there were a ton of clues, here, we have none.

True, there was evidence but it led nowhere. In this case we are not privy to what evidence LE has. (so who knows??) In both cases the victim was 20, in college, female, great family, attractive and completely disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3