Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brooklyn was named by Dr. Rueben Sears in 1854 because it lies between 2 brooks, Big Bear Creek and Little Bear Creek. Brooklyn’s first Mayor was L.L. Littlefield in 1869. In 1860 the population of Brooklyn stood at 459. By 1870 the population had exploded to 1250. At the latest census in 2010 we stood at 1468.
About Brooklyn | Brooklyn Iowa

Univ of Iowa really does little agricultural research. The ag school is Iowa State, which is a land grant university in Ames to the west.

The only research in the area would be on river control by the U of Iowa Hydraulics Lab.

And more insight from the Brooklyn -Guernsey Malcom JR-SR High School:

Overview

At Brooklyn-Guernsey-Malcom Jr-Sr High School, the student body makeup is 48 percent male and 52 percent female, and the total minority enrollment is 9 percent. Brooklyn-Guernsey-Malcom Jr-Sr High School is the only high school in theBrooklyn-Guernsey-Malcom Comm School District.

Students/Teachers

These counts and percentages of students and teachers are from data reported by schools to the government.

Total Enrollment 257 (Grades 7-12)

Total Minority Enrollment (% of total) 9%

Total Economically Disadvantaged (% of total) 25%

Full-Time Teachers 19

School Data

School profile information is based on government data.

Graduation Rate100

Grades Served 7-12

SettingRemote Rural

Charter School No

Magnet School No

Eligible for Title I Funding No
https://www.usnews.com/education/be...ooklyn-guernsey-malcom-jr-sr-high-school-7528

Really puts things in perspective when competing with 300+ for seat on morning transit route, compared to entire school population at 257!

Hi everyone. First time posting in this thread but I've been lurking WS for yeeeears now. I had a theory --- a quite plausible one --- and I apologize if it's already been discussed.

This isn't a terribly far-fetched idea and it could (possibly) easily be pulled off by anyone who put some forethought into their plan. Could it be possible she was abducted and killed and placed in an already-dug funeral plot that was to be used the following day? I know it seems crazy BUT it has been done before. It would be pretty easy to enter a graveyard where a plot had already been dug, maybe dig down a little further or simply cover the body with dirt from the mound, then put everything back and take off. I mean, how often do we drive by a graveyard late at night and never even think to look out and see if anyone is out there? I know I never do. Besides, a tent and chairs (should they already be up) would likely provide enough cover to hide a person who is up to no good. I'd be curious if LE considered that angle.
This made me think of a case where a guy buried a woman underneath where a dog had been buried...so he buried her and then put the dog back on top in hopes that the dog would act as a sort of barrier. Wish I could remember the case. Does this ring a bell for anybody?

Hi everyone. First time posting in this thread but I've been lurking WS for yeeeears now. I had a theory --- a quite plausible one --- and I apologize if it's already been discussed.

This isn't a terribly far-fetched idea and it could (possibly) easily be pulled off by anyone who put some forethought into their plan. Could it be possible she was abducted and killed and placed in an already-dug funeral plot that was to be used the following day? I know it seems crazy BUT it has been done before. It would be pretty easy to enter a graveyard where a plot had already been dug, maybe dig down a little further or simply cover the body with dirt from the mound, then put everything back and take off. I mean, how often do we drive by a graveyard late at night and never even think to look out and see if anyone is out there? I know I never do. Besides, a tent and chairs (should they already be up) would likely provide enough cover to hide a person who is up to no good. I'd be curious if LE considered that angle.

RBBM.
Robert Eugene Leamon III killed his 15-year-old "girlfriend,"
Rebecca Lynn "Becky" Stowe, after previously having dug a hole in which to bury her.

JMO Holly’s murder was made so much worse by her not being found for so long...at least a matter of years? And then the way she must have died is beyond comprehension. It is hard to even know that people of the same species exist who can and do, do these things. That is one thing our pets have over us, imo...intentional cruelty for cruelty's sake is not a likely behavior...I don’t excuse drugs in their doings at all...you have to possess that level of basic evil. Jmo

I’m trying to think of solved cases that were remotely similar to MT’s where someone completely vanished. I can’t think of one besides Tara Grinstead’s and I know there have to be many. I’m trying to analyze what the motives were in the cases and if it was an abduction by a stranger or someone they knew and if they knew them, how close was that relationship?

MT’s case seems very random and it’s bizareness makes it scary because it can basically happen to anybody.
Yes! It is very rare and unusual. Apparently that's the reason for so much nationwide attention. A complete mystery. Also thinking about so many others missing, and their families who are not getting such attention!

I actually do, yes. I just have a gut feeling that if they didn't have any new information, they wouldn't postpone. That doesn't really make a lot of sense in my mind. Postponing it seems like they need more time to get their ducks in a row. Perhaps I'm just being hopefully optimistic. JMO

So, as long as we're all on the same page sleuthing police.
Police released a statement saying that there were too many media calls to the station about Mollie, they would schedule press releases.

Given that investigators have spaced out the press conferences, should we imagine that they have made an arrest and are playing mind games with the public where they will announce the arrest next week, or is it more likely that they have no new information and there is no reason to schedule a "press" conference fr the press and media.

Unless WC helped someone else abduct Mollie. For some reason LE is buzzing around him. Must be more than his past. Must be her fitbit or phone info.
Please let's not go there again!!!

Who chances it, in MOO is someone who's done it before.
That’s even scarier.

If it’s someone around town, it’s even riskier cause someone could say oh I saw so and so stop to talk to her. If it’s someone unknown, description of the vehicle and maybe a vague description of persons looks. Other than that, person goes unknown.

Who chances it, in MOO is someone who's done it before.
Yes, that’s what I was thinking.

I think it’s either a serial abductor that is a stranger or someone she knows. I also think that based on where she was taken can tell us if it was a stranger or someone she knew.

I wish I knew more information about crime in remote, rural towns. Brooklyn, IA is remote and rural.

Man who recalls seeing Tibbetts before disappearance defends self

BROOKLYN, Iowa (KWQC) – Devin Riley did not know what was coming after giving a nationally-televised interview regarding the July 18 disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts.

“Long stares and uncomfortable moments at the store” are just the beginning, Riley said.

He said his daughters have been awoken by “knocks on the door with cameras” while he was at work, and it has been painful reading hundreds of unkind comments on a social media post about his interview.

“Last I checked there were over 1,100 comments, and it was about 50 percent accusatory and demeaning about me,” Riley told KWQC Thursday evening.

“Today has been beyond crazy and stressful for me and my family. I didn’t expect this reaction.”

The Brooklyn, Iowa native and engaged father of two young girls told ABC News, “I've seen {Tibbetts} probably three to four times per week. She'd kind of jog down the street and towards the hill."

So, as long as we're all on the same page sleuthing police.
Police released a statement saying that there were too many media calls to the station about Mollie, they would schedule press releases.

Given that investigators have spaced out the press conferences, should we imagine that they have made an arrest and are playing mind games with the public where they will announce the arrest next week, or is it more likely that they have no new information and there is no reason to schedule a "press" conference fr the press and media.
Neither. I think they have a ton of information they are working on now.

Most hogs are indeed kept in those long metal structures (kind of like a very long quonset hut). Large fans to keep them cool & give fresh air are built into the ends of the structure, and the hogs are in separate pens in rows. Their feed/water pans are in front of them, and the hogs stand on "hog slats" which permit their waste to fall through the slat openings under the bottom of their pens. And true, most rarely ever get outside the pens. I am a city girl, but my college friend's dad was a (wealthy) hog farmer here in NC.

OT but this just breaks my heart. :(

Same last name, and the name is so distinctive I have never seen in life, news, or literature, that is why it jumped out.
Posts were 2015-ish, but the replies are not date stamped so could have been as recent as 2017.
I think I’m lost on this from when you looked at the map provided...you were looking at that map only...not looking further into addresses around there? Just wondering where you are seeing last names.

I believe that if Mollie was going to her mom's for dinner, she would have ended her run there rather than returning to her boyfriend's home. Moooo

Except ... the plan was for Mollie to house-sit and look after the dogs. She planned to jog to her mother's house to pick up the car that she shared with her brother (work) and look after the dogs at her boyfriend's house.

There was nothing said about Mollie planning to shirk her responsibilities of looking after the dogs and sleeping at her mom's house the day that she was abducted ... instead of picking up her car (for work) at her mom's house and looking after the dogs at her boyfriend's house.

OT another mystifying case...Kortne Stouffer (?) was that her last name?
Chelsea’s case was solved after she vanished from a Halloween party...
Sadly more names come to mind like Kortne’s than Chelsea’s...

I’m trying to think of solved cases that were remotely similar to MT’s where someone completely vanished. I can’t think of one besides Tara Grinstead’s and I know there have to be many. I’m trying to analyze what the motives were in the cases and if it was an abduction by a stranger or someone they knew and if they knew them, how close was that relationship?

MT’s case seems very random and it’s bizareness makes it scary because it can basically happen to anybody.
For some reason only unsolved ones are coming to mind like Tara Calico and the Springfield three. Actually, Mollie's case, as of now, reminds me a lot of Jennifer Kesse. Because with Jennifer's case there is also some differing beliefs as to whether she disappeared at night or the following morning.

Any arrest would make news...I am sure some media have connections to get that info, even if not released.

Most hogs are indeed kept in those long metal structures (kind of like a very long quonset hut). Large fans to keep them cool & give fresh air are built into the ends of the structure, and the hogs are in separate pens in rows. Their feed/water pans are in front of them, and the hogs stand on "hog slats" which permit their waste to fall through the slat openings under the bottom of their pens. And true, most rarely ever get outside the pens. I am a city girl, but my college friend's dad was a (wealthy) hog farmer here in NC.

Oh dear, it sounds like hog pens in Iowa are particularly bad for swallowing up women.

Since no one connected with the investigation into Mollie's disappearance has any control over a hog pen, should we move beyond the pig, hog, gruesome pig roast, and assumption that a digital trail to a Guernsey farm means that her body is in the pig farm.

What if the culprit behind Mollie's disappearance is tech savvy. What if the trail to the Guernsey farm area is a ruse.

Even if police find some trace between the Guernsey farms and Mollie, do we actually expect that the evidence will provide new information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!