Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe most of the ag research is conducted at Iowa State University in Ames (~30 miles north of Des Moines). ISU is Iowa’s land grant university, and the University of Iowa (In Iowa City) is better known for other areas of study/research (especially medical) and not ag research.
So the majority of the farms are still family owned or were they sold off to larger food companies? And is the corn food grade? or is some of it grown for feed for the hog farms in the area?

This information has been available for a week, and the time that he consistently provided was 9PM. Today, out of the blue, the time is changed to 8PM. Why is that?

Shouldn't he change what she was wearing from "black khaki yoga pants" to "black shorts" as well?
Appears to me that today is the first published report by witness on WS accepted media, but thanks for alert that witness statement is inconsistent.

I previously suggested that people should remain open minded, when evaluating information, as it becomes known.

It is my experience that an investigation, can take an unexpected direction.

For example, a murder investigation was on-going. A person came into our police station, claiming to have witnessed the attack. It ended up that he was craving LE attention, and apparently he felt important, by his witness status.

This "witness" was actually the killer, of this jogger.

He is now serving a life sentence, in prison.

Truck stops are not that bad. The one I refer to is huge with multiple buildings and businesses. It's like a city. In fact it is kinda cool inside the main building. Well lit. Has barbers, and heck maybe a dentist, I forget. Just that they offer a full line-up of adult entertainment.

I have never felt intimidated at a real Truck Stop. although I am big, bad, and ugly.

Rest stops, on the other hand are often deserted. Bad things happen there. Alot of bad things.

This just reminded me of a case years ago. I can't remember the name of the victim or the perp. It did not occur at a rest stop rather a bathroom on a beach. A little boy went to use the bathroom and the mom waited outside and sadly some sicko murdered the child. It was every mother's worst nightmare. I think it happened in CA. CourtTV I believe covered it.

With all due respect, I'm a smallish woman and I feel like I could accomplish something like this on my own. Sure it'd be work for someone like me, but for a teen boy or man, probably not so much. And in the very rural area I live, no one pays attention to the cemeteries or what's going on around them. Most are located on the outskirts of town or down some random dirt road that's rarely traveled save for funerals. Just my opinion, though.

Man killed his wife and hid the body under grave of WW2 veteran
Wow, excellent find! That's amazing. And the guy almost got away with it! That's a much different circumstance, though, involving a spouse. I wonder if he planned it out well in advance, or if he got lucky in finding an open gravesite.

If I was LE I would tell the public whatever I had to make the unsub feel he's gotten away so he gets relaxed and messes up.

With all due respect, I'm a smallish woman and I feel like I could accomplish something like this on my own. Sure it'd be work for someone like me, but for a teen boy or man, probably not so much. And in the very rural area I live, no one pays attention to the cemeteries or what's going on around them. Most are located on the outskirts of town or down some random dirt road that's rarely traveled save for funerals. Just my opinion, though.

Man killed his wife and hid the body under grave of WW2 veteran
Someone willingly getting into a vehicle( driven by a person they know with bad intentions) with child locks on just might be in trouble ?

Can you link the map you refer to above? I believe we may be thinking of the same people. Your first theory was my #1 until today's developments with WC's polygraph. I'm thinking there's a link to WC somehow.
Sure. Just to be clear, my Theory 1 and 2 are specific named people, I just can't name them here.

The Map is HERE, and like I said I got it from a post in this thread from someone else, I will try to go back and credit appropriately but the pages shifted a bit and I have lost that post at the moment.

The map shows various sightings of Mollie, and also shows the pig farm. Randomly (or coincidentally) the family farm for the name in Theory 1 just happened to be on the map. Like I said, I was shocked. I read hundreds of posts and responses to posts on her SM, and the only name in Mollie's SM with any apparent antagonism (in both directions) popped up on that map. And there is a wrinkle in that connection because she apparently knows 2 people in the family. I just wish I could bounce it off someone who knows her circle of friends to verify I am seeing it correctly based on the handles they use in SM.

I think LE is waiting on lab test results as someone mentioned earlier or updates from a lead. Given that they understand the public is panicked and frustrated, I don’t think they’re postpone the press conference 2x unless they were waiting on something to report. They aren’t deliberately going frustrate the public and it would’ve been easier for LE to hold a PC and say “No news we’re commenting on but we have active leads”.

I found 2 possibilities after having read through all the posts and available online info including her SM. Both fit into the theory that she got home from her run but went walking towards her mother's house and got picked up on the way (also consistent with her father's theory that possible she went with someone who she knew and thought she could trust and circumstances got out of hand). I grew up as a distance runner in a rural area, and I would never have accepted a ride during a run, but I would have accepted if offered by someone I knew while walking from point A to point B. Problem is, I don't know where to go with this since if it is wrong it probably violates TOS, and of course it could make someone who is innocent feel very bad.

Without naming names and keeping it high level, Theory 1 is it seems from Mollie's SM years ago she had a bad relationship experience, maybe including some body shaming (which she has clearly, strongly gotten past), and she has posted at least 2 "no-means-no" type items. There is what seems like an antagonistic poster of comments to a few of Mollie's SM items (can't tell for sure, could be sarcasm and wit). Although her family and current boyfriend agree she has no enemies, is it possible someone in her past was holding an unrequited animosity? That person's account is mysteriously gone from the same SM platform. I was shocked when I was scrolling through a map posted a couple pages back and a specific family name coincidentally came up in the same general area south of I80 where everyone is guessing her electronic trail ended (which is too far to run.)

Theory 2 is a specific person in a position of trust and authority during an important time in her life, who in a recent interview referred to everything about Mollie in the past tense. It really stood out to me since everyone else in interviews was referring to her in the present tense.

I didn't invent either of these theories, they exist in a pattern within information that is available to everyone. Hate to throw anyone under the bus, but where do I go with this? Are these areas that would already be covered by LE?
How many years ago were the posts and is that person who posted the negative comments somehow connected to the person you saw on the map in the vicinity they were searching?

Does anyone know the approximate temp the eve she went running? Is it humid in Iowa during the summer?

Shows 80’s at noon. Weather channel reported “The most uncomfortable air is still set up in southwest Iowa.” But Brooklyn is more central east Iowa I suppose.

Everyone is different but as s runner myself...once I dedicate myself to start that’s it, no stopping until it’s done. Most people respect that and even know in the neighborhood not to stop and chat because that would be kind of rude.

Attachments

• 54E1D792-ABF0-49AB-9F21-82AC0B067A36.jpeg
    54E1D792-ABF0-49AB-9F21-82AC0B067A36.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 10
This just reminded me of a case years ago. I can't remember the name of the victim or the perp. It did not occur at a rest stop rather a bathroom on a beach. A little boy went to use the bathroom and the mom waited outside and sadly some sicko murdered the child. It was every mother's worst nightmare. I think it happened in CA. CourtTV I believe covered it.
I remember. Horrible case. Never let your kid enter a public bathroom alone. Ever. https://www.google.com/amp/www.sand...e-child-murder-found-2011nov17-story,amp.html

And they also have many leads left to persue and dont have anything definitive yet.

Does anyone know if they have used the infrared cameras in recent days? Any locals or has anyone heard anything?
I don’t know but I used to take a lot of infrared photography using Hoya R72 filter on my old Olympus c-2020. It’s a really old camera that works great for infrared handheld photography using the R72 filter. I love infrared for the beautiful artistic photographs. If you google infrared photography you can see how cool it is the skies looks dark and foliage looks white like snow. Cemeteries and old ghost towns were where I liked to take b&w infrared photos.

Sorry to go off topic but infrared was mentioned and I really dig it.

Just out of curiosity, who are the founding families in Brooklyn? I gather that most of it's agricultural? Are the corn fields locally owned or any of them used by U of I for research purposes? And if so do they use students from U of I as interns?

Brooklyn was named by Dr. Rueben Sears in 1854 because it lies between 2 brooks, Big Bear Creek and Little Bear Creek. Brooklyn’s first Mayor was L.L. Littlefield in 1869. In 1860 the population of Brooklyn stood at 459. By 1870 the population had exploded to 1250. At the latest census in 2010 we stood at 1468.
About Brooklyn | Brooklyn Iowa

Univ of Iowa really does little agricultural research. The ag school is Iowa State, which is a land grant university in Ames to the west.

The only research in the area would be on river control by the U of Iowa Hydraulics Lab.

I previously suggested that people should remain open minded, when evaluating information, as it becomes known.

It is my experience that an investigation, can take an unexpected direction.

For example, a murder investigation was on-going. A person came into our police station, claiming to have witnessed the attack. It ended up that he was craving LE attention, and apparently he felt important, by his witness status.

This "witness" was actually the killer, of this jogger.

He is now serving a life sentence, in prison.

MAGNUM: I'm curious - have you frequently seen the guilty party insert themselves into the investigation and media coverage, trying to gain attention? That is, before they are actually convicted of the crime?

And they also have many leads left to persue and dont have anything definitive yet.

So the majority of the farms are still family owned or were they sold off to larger food companies? And is the corn food grade? or is some of it grown for feed for the hog farms in the area?

Most of the corn grown in Iowa is ‘field’ corn and not sweet corn. Field corn is used for livestock feed, ethanol production, cereals (think corn flakes), and heavily processed foods such as corn syrup, but not directly for human consumption. Sweet corn is grown specifically for eating.

(Corn Facts | Iowa Corn)

I’m not able to specifically answer who owns the land without sleuthing, but generally cropland is still mostly locally owned. Active farmers may lease land owned by in-active farmers, or they may own 1,000s of acres themselves. Farms, even if locally owned, may be held in corporations.

Last edited:
I’m trying to think of solved cases that were remotely similar to MT’s where someone completely vanished. I can’t think of one besides Tara Grinstead’s and I know there have to be many. I’m trying to analyze what the motives were in the cases and if it was an abduction by a stranger or someone they knew and if they knew them, how close was that relationship?

MT’s case seems very random and it’s bizareness makes it scary because it can basically happen to anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member