Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found 2 possibilities after having read through all the posts and available online info including her SM. Both fit into the theory that she got home from her run but went walking towards her mother's house and got picked up on the way (also consistent with her father's theory that possible she went with someone who she knew and thought she could trust and circumstances got out of hand). I grew up as a distance runner in a rural area, and I would never have accepted a ride during a run, but I would have accepted if offered by someone I knew while walking from point A to point B. Problem is, I don't know where to go with this since if it is wrong it probably violates TOS, and of course it could make someone who is innocent feel very bad.

Without naming names and keeping it high level, Theory 1 is it seems from Mollie's SM years ago she had a bad relationship experience, maybe including some body shaming (which she has clearly, strongly gotten past), and she has posted at least 2 "no-means-no" type items. There is what seems like an antagonistic poster of comments to a few of Mollie's SM items (can't tell for sure, could be sarcasm and wit). Although her family and current boyfriend agree she has no enemies, is it possible someone in her past was holding an unrequited animosity? That person's account is mysteriously gone from the same SM platform. I was shocked when I was scrolling through a map posted a couple pages back and a specific family name coincidentally came up in the same general area south of I80 where everyone is guessing her electronic trail ended (which is too far to run.)

Theory 2 is a specific person in a position of trust and authority during an important time in her life, who in a recent interview referred to everything about Mollie in the past tense. It really stood out to me since everyone else in interviews was referring to her in the present tense.

I didn't invent either of these theories, they exist in a pattern within information that is available to everyone. Hate to throw anyone under the bus, but where do I go with this? Are these areas that would already be covered by LE?

I agree with you 100%! It made me change my mind about WC being guilty. We're not the only ones who feel this way either.

There are legitimate reasons, why us in LE, do not always release details of an on-going investigation. The goal is to resolve this matter, as expeditiously as possible. Not entertain the public, and jeopardize the investigation. The end result is what truly matters.
Some feel that transparency has nearly disappeared, though, to the detriment of using the public effectively to help resolve cases.

I believe that if Mollie was going to her mom's for dinner, she would have ended her run there rather than returning to her boyfriend's home. Moooo

Makes sense if it’s a plausible run to her Mom’s house-get her exercise, eat dinner, pick up the supplies for baking for the class tomoow, and picking up the car. Covers all the bases.

I honestly do not think that posting it’s possible MT could have engaged with a stranger via a college buy/sell group or Craigslist is within the realm of Martian abduction territory.

There was a murderer literally nicknamed "the Craigslist killer" who targeted young women over Craigslist in Boston. LE in this very case said they are reviewing social media accounts. Mollie's father keeps discussing someone she may have known misreading her intentions. MSM has published articles about a social media/real life stalker on campus at UIowa. This theory is just as plausible as any and we are free to discuss within TOS.

Rest stops can be dangerous.

Murder of Alexandra Zapp - Wikipedia

The murder of Ally Zapp was an infamous rest stop murder that I remember well. An off duty cop happened to be in the men’s room and could hear the last muffled screams of Ally from the women’s room. He caught the guy red handed, but it was already too late for Ally.
OT, but when are sex crimes going to get the punishment they deserve? Ally’s killer had a 20 year history & was free to stab a woman at a rest stop. Watched a fish documentary tonight about poachers getting a minimum sentance of 20 years for fishing a Federally endangered species. Rapists seem to get out all the time after a few years. So glad the fish are protected, and our nation’s priorities are strait- not.

I found 2 possibilities after having read through all the posts and available online info including her SM. Both fit into the theory that she got home from her run but went walking towards her mother's house and got picked up on the way (also consistent with her father's theory that possible she went with someone who she knew and thought she could trust and circumstances got out of hand). I grew up as a distance runner in a rural area, and I would never have accepted a ride during a run, but I would have accepted if offered by someone I knew while walking from point A to point B. Problem is, I don't know where to go with this since if it is wrong it probably violates TOS, and of course it could make someone who is innocent feel very bad.

Without naming names and keeping it high level, Theory 1 is it seems from Mollie's SM years ago she had a bad relationship experience, maybe including some body shaming (which she has clearly, strongly gotten past), and she has posted at least 2 "no-means-no" type items. There is what seems like an antagonistic poster of comments to a few of Mollie's SM items (can't tell for sure, could be sarcasm and wit). Although her family and current boyfriend agree she has no enemies, is it possible someone in her past was holding an unrequited animosity? That person's account is mysteriously gone from the same SM platform. I was shocked when I was scrolling through a map posted a couple pages back and a specific family name coincidentally came up in the same general area south of I80 where everyone is guessing her electronic trail ended (which is too far to run.)

Theory 2 is a specific person in a position of trust and authority during an important time in her life, who in a recent interview referred to everything about Mollie in the past tense. It really stood out to me since everyone else in interviews was referring to her in the present tense.

I didn't invent either of these theories, they exist in a pattern within information that is available to everyone. Hate to throw anyone under the bus, but where do I go with this? Are these areas that would already be covered by LE?
Can you link the map you refer to above? I believe we may be thinking of the same people. Your first theory was my #1 until today's developments with WC's polygraph. I'm thinking there's a link to WC somehow.

Oh, thank you! You are a much better searcher than I am.

I clicked the link & I see what you mean:
“Kriegel: Yeah we think we have a reasonable timeline that she was out jogging from 7:30 to quarter to 8.”

Wonder if he was attempting to say that she went out jogging 7:30 give or take 15 minutes. He should clarify that because that’s important information.

Just out of curiosity, who are the founding families in Brooklyn? I gather that most of it's agricultural? Are the corn fields locally owned or any of them used by U of I for research purposes? And if so do they use students from U of I as interns?
I'm liking this line of questioning. I'm liking this a LOT. Very intrigued.

Hi, I'm new. long time lurker, yada, yada, yada
also: moo

It's certainly creative thinking. But it's also a lot of work -- risky, time-consuming, hard work. Seems more like something from a movie. Maybe it's possible if you're killing somebody for insurance purposes or revenge, and you really, really, really want to make sure the body is never found. But doesn't seem to fit here.

Strange things, however, do happen. We had one local case where some young guys who were drunk/high decided to try to dig up a grave. They actually reached the burial vault and tried to pry it open. We had a judge who sometimes handed out "creative" sentences. As part of their sentence, they had to put flowers at the gravesite once a year, for five years. True story.

With all due respect, I'm a smallish woman and I feel like I could accomplish something like this on my own. Sure it'd be work for someone like me, but for a teen boy or man, probably not so much. And in the very rural area I live, no one pays attention to the cemeteries or what's going on around them. Most are located on the outskirts of town or down some random dirt road that's rarely traveled save for funerals. Just my opinion, though.

Man killed his wife and hid the body under grave of WW2 veteran

Just out of curiosity, who are the founding families in Brooklyn? I gather that most of it's agricultural? Are the corn fields locally owned or any of them used by U of I for research purposes? And if so do they use students from U of I as interns?

I believe most of the ag research is conducted at Iowa State University in Ames (~30 miles north of Des Moines). ISU is Iowa’s land grant university, and the University of Iowa (In Iowa City) is better known for other areas of study/research (especially medical - and can’t forget their creative writing programs!) and not ag research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!