Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many years ago were the posts and is that person who posted the negative comments somehow connected to the person you saw on the map in the vicinity they were searching?
Same last name, and the name is so distinctive I have never seen in life, news, or literature, that is why it jumped out.
Posts were 2015-ish, but the replies are not date stamped so could have been as recent as 2017.

MAGNUM: I'm curious - have you frequently seen the guilty party insert themselves into the investigation and media coverage, trying to gain attention? That is, before they are actually convicted of the crime?

This is off topic, so delete it, if it is way out.

One of the greatest examples of this 'hiding in plain sight' was the Lumbee Indian leader in NC Henry Berry Lowrie. Henry Berry Lowrie - Wikipedia

The Lumbees are a very mixed race group of Indians (black, white, American Indian) in N Carolina. Lowrie's father was killed by the local sheriff right after the civil war. So Lowrie started a war on the NC law. He was seen as a Robin Hood figure.

Lowrie was a master of disguise. It is said he would join posses who were hunting for him; he would give the sheriff's tips on how to find himself (in disguise).

Suddenly Lowrie disappeared. No one really knows what happened. However it was noted his wife took a train to Oklahoma twice a year the rest of her life.

If the eye witness on 2nd St. is correct that would have put MT 30 minutes into her run. Though that is the witness who changed the time from 9pm to 8pm, so who knows how accurate his recollection is.
It doesn't take 30 minutes for an adult to run .9 miles. It would be helpful to have this stuff all mapped out. Also useful to know distance to her mother's from that sighting, and which direction she was going.

I’m trying to think of solved cases that were remotely similar to MT’s where someone completely vanished. I can’t think of one besides Tara Grinstead’s and I know there have to be many. I’m trying to analyze what the motives were in the cases and if it was an abduction by a stranger or someone they knew and if they knew them, how close was that relationship?

MT’s case seems very random and it’s bizareness makes it scary because it can basically happen to anybody.
This case reminds me very much of Holly Bobo. And it was a friend of a friend of a friend. No clear motive but a drug fueled rage. (that I recall)

This is off topic, so delete it, if it is way out.

One of the greatest examples of this 'hiding in plain sight' was the Lumbee Indian leader in NC Henry Berry Lowrie. Henry Berry Lowrie - Wikipedia

The Lumbees are a very mixed race group of Indians (black, white, American Indian) in N Carolina. Lowrie's father was killed by the local sheriff right after the civil war. So Lowrie started a war on the NC law. He was seen as a Robin Hood figure.

Lowrie was a master of disguise. It is said he would join posses who were hunting for him; he would give the sheriff's tips on how to find himself (in disguise).

Suddenly Lowrie disappeared. No one really knows what happened. However it was noted his wife took a train to Oklahoma twice a year the rest of her life.

WOW. Thanks for sharing that.

Sure. Just to be clear, my Theory 1 and 2 are specific named people, I just can't name them here.

The Map is HERE, and like I said I got it from a post in this thread from someone else, I will try to go back and credit appropriately but the pages shifted a bit and I have lost that post at the moment.

The map shows various sightings of Mollie, and also shows the pig farm. Randomly (or coincidentally) the family farm for the name in Theory 1 just happened to be on the map. Like I said, I was shocked. I read hundreds of posts and responses to posts on her SM, and the only name in Mollie's SM with any apparent antagonism (in both directions) popped up on that map. And there is a wrinkle in that connection because she apparently knows 2 people in the family. I just wish I could bounce it off someone who knows her circle of friends to verify I am seeing it correctly based on the handles they use in SM.
Credit for map goes to JenniferMN--THANK YOU!!!

I have added in that location. Here’s the updated map: Possible Eye Witness Sightings of MT - Google My Maps

Since the reward is mainly for a safe return...I doubt anyone is waiting for it to increase more...no one who could possibly know where she is (and safe) would be eligible. Sadly, it is far more likely the size of the reward isn’t a factor as it is not likely to be paid.

I remember the Holly Bobo case.

I feel really sick for MT’s family and friends. Can you imagine having to cope with the fact that your missing loved one is either dead or being held captive at the mercy of a horrible person? In that case, you’d have to hope for her to come back alive and basically hoping she’s being held captive rather than dead. Ugh. It’s so upsetting! Ashleigh Banfield brought up the Elizabeth Smart case to RT and said it can give him hope and I found it so depressing to think MT could be suffering like Elizabeth did.

MT was loved so dearly and it’s very disturbing to me.

Last edited:

I feel really sick for MT’s family and friends. Can you imagine having to cope with the fact that your missing loved one is either dead or being held captive at the mercy of a horrible person? In that case, you’d have to hope for her to come back alive and basically hoping she’s being held captive rather than dead. Ugh. It’s so upsetting!
and knowing that no matter how it turns out life will never be the same for any of them ever again

As I went for a run today, I just couldn’t help thinking that it is so gutsy to grab someone on a run just in the idea that all it takes is for one person to be looking out their window, or hidden behind a bush doing lawn work, etc. for them to see model and make of car and a girl that was once there, gone. Who chances that??
This! ^^^ I can’t stress that enough. Not around here.

I'm really hoping that Mollie is alive somewhere. However, the only scenario I can think of where this would be true is if she is being held as a sex slave somewhere. She could be drugged and restrained, hidden away somewhere.

I'm on the fence about WC. He's a weirdo and has a criminal record, but I'm not sure if that alone means he killed Mollie. They would have to have some solid proof.

If the neighbor saw her jogging at 9 pm then I believe she was definitely grabbed and stuffed into a vehicle. It probably happened within seconds and she didn't know what hit her. Poor girl. I can only imagine the sudden terror and panic she would have felt.

Waiting until Monday for the PC seems like an eternity!!! :mad::mad::mad:
Unless WC helped someone else abduct Mollie. For some reason LE is buzzing around him. Must be more than his past. Must be her fitbit or phone info.

I feel really sick for MT’s family and friends. Can you imagine having to cope with the fact that your missing loved one is either dead or being held captive at the mercy of a horrible person? In that case, you’d have to hope for her to come back alive and basically hoping she’s being held captive rather than dead. Ugh. It’s so upsetting!

MT was loved so dearly and it’s very disturbing to me.
Horrible horrible... I feel for her family,bf and everyone that cares for her- cannot imagine- her being tortured or no longer with us-- neither is a better option- God Bless all that love Mollie- and wherever Mollie is I hope she feels no pain- ugghh I cannot let my mind go here- Cannot being to imagine what Mollie's loved ones have been dealing with!!! They are all so strong- amazing group of folks!!!

I clicked the link & I see what you mean:
“Kriegel: Yeah we think we have a reasonable timeline that she was out jogging from 7:30 to quarter to 8.”

Wonder if he was attempting to say that she went out jogging 7:30 give or take 15 minutes. He should clarify that because that’s important information.
I think they do know the timeline, they are just not releasing that to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3