Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be missing something in between the quoted post and my reply, as I am still catching up tonight, but I have bolded two items that I don't think are correct. I remember reading in more than one report from LEO that they said they were confident EVERY house in Brooklyn and EVERY surrounding farm building had been searched. So not just searching the house of the BF.

Also...the second one that I bolded below. I'm from a small town, myself. It's highly unlikely that only a few people knew she was there alone.

Takes me back to a case with a sad ending from my own little town where I lived nearly 30 years ago. IL - IL - Amy Todd Fleming, 25, Lee County, 11 January 1996
Small town in the Midwest. Her husband was out of town and in a small town lots of people know what is going on. Her case has never been solved.

I do think that it is someone known to her. <modsnipped>
<modsnipped quoted post>

I can't get the image out of my head of the sex offender who lived down the street from her. Her being a creature of habit makes me think he would be aware of this too?

I cant get the image of that electric coop company right next door out of my head. Contract workers or regular employees showing up early morning each day may have patterned her very easily. Ugggg

One thing that I've considered since I've read about this case and her going jogging, is perhaps a passing motorist. Would there be a possibility that she was struck by a vehicle while jogging and that person panicked? One of the cases I followed on here a few years back was a woman who had gone missing during her daily jog. I cannot remember her name, but will go back and look. There were posters/fliers, searches, etc. I think it was a pair of guys driving a work type truck that struck her and panicked. I really need to go back and look so that I'm not giving the wrong information on that.
I was thinking that might be a possibility, too. Soooo many hit and run accidents these days. At least where we live.

I just removed about 20 posts. Information from reddit or sub-reddit is NOT allowed here. Do not bring the information here, even in a veiled attempt to post it, and do not quote a post if you see information comes from there.

A lot of missing people are held captive for a long period of time. The girls in Ohio who were held captive for what a decade? https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/ohio-women-missing-for-nearly-10-years-found-alive/ A missing boy was found in the walls of his abductor's house. Missing boy found in wall used clever method to alert police

You raise a very good point and it makes me cringe because there was a similar case near Toledo a couple of years ago. A college student was out on her bicycle and was kidnapped and later murdered by a farmer. A horrific case.

https://nypost.com/2016/07/29/bloody-freezer-dungeon-found-in-murder-suspects-barn/

If Mollie’s FitBit ends up being the key to finding her, it will make me want to buy FitBits for myself & all my loved ones.
I have been consumed with this case all week. From the moment I heard about her disappearance, I’ve had a sinking feeling, but I still hope to be wrong.
My heart goes out to Mollie’s loved ones & friends. I can’t imagine their agony over this past week.

Maybe I've missed it in these threads, but how was she supposed to get to her moms? If her brother had the car and her boyfriend was gone, could she have planned on walking to moms house and someone she knew stopped to give her a ride?

That's what I've been thinking. Acquaintance giving a ride ...

Agreed -- I think it was an abduction by someone unknown to her. These type situations are very difficult to solve. In spite of a lot of searching, no evidence of her has been found -- as far as we know anyway -- and that, IMO also points to either someone not from the area, or someone who hid her body, or has her in captivity, well away from where she was abducted. My thoughts at this time and from early in this case.

If she was a predictable runner, someone may have been watching her for quite some time.

Really? I've never thought that. I think when people disappear it's usually because of someone else. Usually someone they know. I think a person "running away from their life" is not long term usually and doesn't normally make the news.
I believe if she left voluntarily, she would have contacted her parents by now. Considering how she's been described by her family, it would be out of character for her to put her family through the anguish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie