Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were a mother and your daughter planned to have dinner with you on a given night, but never called or showed up---would you just let it go? there must be a reason Mom did not call her . Somewhere it was said that Mollie was very predictable in her day to day activities, so someone could be watching her and knew her comings and goings.

IMO someone like this just does not blow off mom for dinner

Yup, I hear you.
It was a cousin or someone (no link) who said it was not uncommon. Maybe that is how they did it, I am having this if you want some...

I would need to know if someone was or was not joining in for dinner
And if the reply was OK, I would take that as a yes

I haven’t seen anything that contradicts his version, in which he never says, “last person that saw her ALIVE” - according to him, he said the last person to see her in town. It’s a different sentiment entirely, IMO.
She's been gone for 3 weeks. I don't think she made it past week 3. There's been so much national attention. Her abductor unless he was a foreign national who could flee across the border unnoticed, would not want her to be able to identify him. It's too risky for him to let her go now.

If you were a mother and your daughter planned to have dinner with you on a given night, but never called or showed up---would you just let it go? there must be a reason Mom did not call her . Somewhere it was said that Mollie was very predictable in her day to day activities, so someone could be watching her and knew her comings and goings.

IMO someone like this just does not blow off mom for dinner
Or maybe "dinner" was code word for her meeting someone that they both knew about...

It states that she's reviewed the "reporting" of the case, I take that to mean the public knowledge, pressers and media reports. We can't say if she has any specific info on this case (but it's propable she still has connections). Regardless, her theory is better than most and backed with vast experience in profiling at a high level.

It states that she's reviewed the previous "reporting" of the case, I take that to mean the public knowledge, pressers and media reports. We can't say if she has any specific info on this case (but it's propable she still has connections). Regardless, her theory is better than most and backed with vast experience in profiling at a high level. Either way, I agree with you in hoping that LE is far ahead of us and there will be a resolution soon, hopefully one where she comes home safely ❤️

My opinion is that this theory started with the hopes and speculation of Mollie's Dad.
I pray he is correct. We don't yet know. But I believe this is where this profiler got her opinion. I doubt she is any part of this case or knows anything. Again, just my opinion.

I cannot imagine a jogger hopping into a vehicle with someone she knows when she is out for a short run. And I do believe she was taken during that run. It is so sad!

Here you go Goe

As you click on each pin it will give you more detailed information

Possible Eye Witness Sightings of MT - Google My Maps
First off, THANK YOU again to the creator of this map. Absolutely fantastic.

The route here appears to begin at 7:30 PM and take her:

- W. Des Moines St. (JD's house) to W. Pershing Dr.
- W. Pershing Dr. to Jackson St.
- Turn left on Jackson St. at Casey's and down E. 2nd St.
- Last known sighting between 8-9 PM on E. 2nd St. heading towards Mills St. which is next to a field and kind of out there OR turning left on Williams St. and going back through neighborhoods

After that, there's nothing we know of. LE has searched heaviest near WC's property about 15 miles south which is further away from the home. Absolutely everything at this time points to her being taken (or leaving) on the run.

However, I'm wondering what her normal route even was. If she kept heading south and ended up somewhere near E. 2nd St. and Mills - where was she going to turn to go back to the home? Obvious question is - was she planning on going back to the home? Her route based on eyewitness reports just took her continually further away from JD's house and at this point, it's not clear when she was going to turn back.

EDIT: Just realized there's another possible route:

- W. Des Moines to W. Pershing
- W. Pershing all the way down past funeral home to Williams St.
- Williams St. down to E. 2nd St. which puts her going past DR's home
- Path would then be to take E. 2nd St. back to Jackson St. taking a right at Casey's
- That path would bring her back towards JD's house - especially if she was going to run down E. 2nd St. which turned into Historic Route 6 then go north back up North Orchard St. to E. Pershing Drive

Not sure if MT jogged in a linear fashion meaning she took the same route down as back or had a different path for whatever reason. If that path is the run, it seems strange that she'd be taken between Historic 6 and N. Orchard and nobody would see anything. Even if that was 8:00-9:00 PM it still would have been somewhat light out (or dusk).

Last edited:
I would imagine there is a talk of the town favorite theory of what happened. Are people scared to let their children out to play? Are joggers now on the buddy system? Are people wary in the parking of the grocery store? What is the general feel of safety in the town?

Mollie Tibbetts's disappearance has small Iowa town on edge

Tibbetts’ disappearance, the sheriff said, has left a cloud hanging over the community.

“This is something that hits close to home. Up until a few weeks ago, Brooklyn was a town where people felt safe enough to leave their doors unlocked at night,” Kriegel said. “They’d let their kids out to play. The kids could walk down to the park, or if they wanted to walk into town and get a bottle of pop or an ice cream cone on their own, they could do that and the parents knew they’d come home safe.”

But with the disappearance, Kriegel said, he’s seen a shift.

“I think people are keeping their children closer now,” he said. “They’re keeping a close eye on their children whether they’re playing at the park or walking down the street.”

Kriegel said he’s also noticed people walking more in groups — in twos and threes, rather than alone — and joggers are sticking to running within the city limits and avoiding the surrounding rural roads.

So if I was in a 3 yr long relationship and basically living with my partner, there’s a pretty good chance my bf would know my Apple ID and password. I read her school computer was a Mac, so she is obviously loyal to Apple. Something that I didn’t realize, is that you can locate a iPhone with a dead battery, if a specific feature is turned on that was available, oh so many, updates ago.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-find-a-lost-iphone-with-a-dead-battery/amp/
So if I was in a 3 yr long relationship and basically living with my partner, there’s a pretty good chance my bf would know my Apple ID and password. I read her school computer was a Mac, so she is obviously loyal to Apple. Something that I didn’t realize, is that you can locate a iPhone with a dead battery, if a specific feature is turned on that was available, oh so many, updates ago.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-find-a-lost-iphone-with-a-dead-battery/amp/

DJ said in an interview that MT was only staying at his house part time and that was because the A/C in her bedroom at her Mom's home didn't work and it was very hot. She was keeping the dogs for him and his brother while they were out of town. It is very possible he didn't know her passwords since they really were not living together.

Has anyone tried to figure out how long it would take her to jog from the BJ house to where DR spotted her. I think at 8-9 minute mile pace probably 12-13 minutes? Just from going by the scale on google. Maybe someone from the area has a better judge of distance?

Mollie Tibbetts case: What Snapchat can and can't do to help

"For the most part, it's simple for law enforcement to get permission from companies like Snap Inc., which owns Snapchat, to provide a person's data. In an online law enforcement guide, Snap Inc. advises that it maintains a database of users' information that includes:

• Snapchat username
  • Email address
  • Phone number
  • Snapchat user vanity name
  • Snapchat account creation date and IP address
  • Timestamp and IP address of account logins and logouts
The company also retains logs of previous snaps, stories and chats for 31 days. Logs contain metadata about these messages, such as the time stamp of a message and what account it was sent from."

LE knows what time the snapchat was sent to DJ.

On the contrary, I believe the s
First off, THANK YOU again to the creator of this map. Absolutely fantastic.

The route here appears to begin at 7:30 PM and take her:

- W. Des Moines St. (JD's house) to W. Pershing Dr.
- W. Pershing Dr. to Jackson St.
- Turn left on Jackson St. at Casey's and down E. 2nd St.
- Last known sighting between 8-9 PM on E. 2nd St. heading towards Mills St. which is next to a field and kind of out there OR turning left on Williams St. and going back through neighborhoods

After that, there's nothing we know of. LE has searched heaviest near WC's property about 15 miles south which is further away from the home. Absolutely everything at this time points to her being taken (or leaving) on the run.

However, I'm wondering what her normal route even was. If she kept heading south and ended up somewhere near E. 2nd St. and Mills - where was she going to turn to go back to the home? Obvious question is - was she planning on going back to the home? Her route based on eyewitness reports just took her continually further away from JD's house and at this point, it's not clear when she was going to turn back.

I thought the witness on 2nd said she was heading towards Casey’s can you please post link of where it says heading towards Mills?

She's been gone for 3 weeks. I don't think she made it past week 3. There's been so much national attention. Her abductor unless he was a foreign national who could flee across the border unnoticed, would not want her to be able to identify him. It's too risky for him to let her go now.

Thats what im thinking there is so much public attention so if this was a case of human trafficking ..would she be worth more for the fame or would they think is too risking and will just get rid of her body

I've seen several comments about MT - that she's in a stable relationship, she's a great, caring girl, and she's committed to her BF. And I think she probably is. But - she is 20. I remember back to being a 20 yr old girl - good, caring, and committed to my BF. At 20, or even 40 or 60, nice, caring, good people can find themselves questioning their relationships. Sometimes, someone will come along and provide an emotional need you may not be getting from your committed relationship. That doesn't mean you don't still feel those things for your BF, but you can find yourself in a very confusing situation.

I think it's possible that MT was in this particular situation. Maybe she was infatuated with someone else. Maybe she just enjoyed the attention she was receiving from someone. I have no idea if this is the case, but I do think she could have talked to this person every day and he would have known her schedule or plans for the evening. If he showed up at her house or during her jog and asked her to go with him, I doubt she would have reservations getting in a car with him.

He could have appeared to be a perfectly normal person, but his outside appearance could have hidden a monster. You see this in many murders - newlyweds and long married couples have found themselves in these situations.

I was sure she was alive in the beginning, but I have lost hope for that outcome. I hope they find her soon. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932