Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were out on an exercise run that you replicate multiple times a week, why would you want a ride?

Sudden fatigue. Happened to me several times. Most of the time I rallied, but once I could not. I was fortunate that I knew someone, who saw me running, and he was kind enough to give me a ride.

this. totally agree. IMO it IS one of their own. hence the silence and reluctance to speak up.

As a lifelong resident of a small, rural Midwestern town very similar to Brooklyn, IA I'm going to respectfully disagree. If the townspeople suspect for a second that somebody they know is involved they will absolutely speak up. Nobody is keeping quiet because they don't want to get the perp caught. Unless maybe they are related to the perp or involved.

The only thing that would make a corn field a good place to hide a body is the fact that the entire state of Iowa is covered in them and they are massive so there are hundreds of square miles to choose from. And if you were ambitious enough you could easily walk for miles in one undetected.

Aside from that they are very easy to search since the corn is in rows wide enough to easily walk through and there is no ground cover, just black dirt. If you poke your head into a field and get down low to the ground you can see a long way down each row. I sometimes hunt deer this way in the fall on windy days. Stick my head into the next row, look left and right, step up a row and repeat. When you see one you can get downwind, back out a couple rows and almost walk right up to them undetected.

The second problem with corn fields is that here in a couple more months they'll all be mown down and anything left in them will be revealed. Not saying somebody wouldn't dump a body in a cornfield (That is where Laura Schwendeman was found) but they are far from a good hiding spot. Convenient maybe.
By October a body decaying since July could be difficult to determine COD. (sorry to put it that way)

Lateott and I are on the same page. I'm assuming LE knows what we have dug up but what if they don't?

That is what I am saying. If somebody sends the info and LE already have it, well great. If not, they have provided the LE with an important tip. More importantly, it lets LE (and not us!) decide who should and should not be considered a witness, POI, or a suspect ... and that is as it should be.

That is what I am saying. If somebody sends the info and LE already have it, well great. If not, they have provided the LE with an important tip. More importantly, it lets LE (and not us!) decide who should and should not be considered a witness, POI, or a suspect ... and that is as it should be.
What is it that the "dug up" i dont see it in any of the post

Usually LE does. However in the Boston Marathon bombing an online group alerted them to the suspects on video.

The Fitbit app syncs to her Fitbit account. The only way her Fitbit "pinged" near the hog farm was because it was still in SmartRun and that information was synced to her Fitbit account.

edited to add...this only means that her Fitbit was there at some point. For whatever reason(phone turned off/destroyed, Fitbit destroyed, phone no longer in proximity to the Fitbit, either phone or Fitbit discarded) the hog farm is where the Fitbit last "contacted home"

Thank you, and so, a FitBit doesn't need to be worn by a person who's engaged in activity to ping? Sorry if this is a stupid question but it sounded like certain kinds of activity by the person wearing it is what generates info.

From the above link:

“Mary Ellen O’Toole, a former FBI profiler and director of forensic sciences at George Mason University, told Fox News that kidnapping Tibbetts “would be a hard feat to pull off.”

“To have a complete stranger to come into a small town like this, someone would have come forward and mentioned that they’ve seen this person,” O’Toole said. “She either got into the car of someone she knew or had a relationship with, or it was someone who had a non-threatening demeanor.”“

——-

My opinion on the above quote, as she obviously has more qualifications under her belt than I do LOL, but my opiiiinion is that a random abduction might not be as difficult as one thinks. All it takes is a few seconds/minutes and in a rural setting there’s a very good chance nobody saw anything. Even in highly populated areas people see nothing, as with the case of Jessica R. And if Mollie had her earbuds in, and/or was tased, threatened at gunpoint...JW (Jessica H’s abductor) had a syringe...

It is very likely that Anby’s and Libby’s killer DID “come into a small town like this...”, hence the billboards and nationwide appeals.

Of course stats tell us that it is more likely for a victim to know his/her perp; however, if the motive is SA I still think a RA is on the table.

Additionally we see perps travel to commit their crimes, or they are in the area for a reason, work, etc.

I concur.

Without a trace, definitely possible.

Again I'll point to 2012 Sherry Arnold, 43, MT.

Dissappeared on morning run (not dark), said to have even acknowledged abductors that took her, leaving behind just one shoe roadside.

Drug hazed, out of state, work seeking drifter transients.

Case wasn't solved by local tips, rather one actor confided to gf during phone call. Perps returned shovel after use for refund.

Even experts would do well to state carefully.

IMO

My interest waned in this case with L/E releasing no info

Has any new info come to light over the past week?

As a lifelong resident of a small, rural Midwestern town very similar to Brooklyn, IA I'm going to respectfully disagree. If the townspeople suspect for a second that somebody they know is involved they will absolutely speak up. Nobody is keeping quiet because they don't want to get the perp caught. Unless maybe they are related to the perp or involved.

If seems like there are a lot of families of many generations in that area, especially with the farms. There are a lot of people related to each other, some probably in LE.

Does anyone think there is a connection between the family's sudden silence and the postponed press conferences? It seems like there was a lot of press from the family earlier in the week, and now...nothing. Unless I am missing some new interviews, but I feel like I've been pretty good at keeping up.

It may mean nothing, but I am going to hold out hope that they've got the information they need an it means they are closer to figuring things out.

I know she was seen running on West Pershing. I always assumed she went up orchard back to Pershing to complete the loop of her run because I SWORE I read somewhere that she was seen running WEST on Pershing. Has anyone else seen that as well “ running west on Pershing”? However if that information is incorrect or my eyes misread the information and she was only spotted in Pershing at 7:30 the start of her run than I can conclude she may have been taken somewhere along Highway 6 or possibly on 385th since there are some pretty desolate looking stretches.

He did not claim that. His original statement was that after he heard she was missing he figured out it was likely the same girl that jogs down his street regularly and he thinks he saw her that night.
He did state he may have been the last person to see her alive. Whether it was his original statement or subsequent is not relevant.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnew...-man-person-mollie-tibbetts/story?id=57119283
It was probably not his finest idea to share his “thoughts” with the press. Just facts to LE, IMO.

Sudden fatigue. Happened to me several times. Most of the time I rallied, but once I could not. I was fortunate that I knew someone, who saw me running, and he was kind enough to give me a ride.
This is completely OT, but every time I see your avitar, I see a turd! lol I realize it's a tornado (because of the convo from earlier), but it catches my eye everytime!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera