Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s already at high risk to be taking someone with a possible neighbor seeing them and I think the majority agrees that’s what has happened...whether it be a stranger, lurker, or someone she is relatively familiar with. Everyone is on edge and has their eye out for anything different. I would be shocked if whoever took her decided to do it again so soon. Unfortunately because of this person, everyone probably is safer :( bittersweet.

I do not necessarily agree. Perps go on binges.

Once I heard a stock broker on radio say 'when is the safest time to fly? after a big airplane accident'.

Huh? What if the accident were caused by a systematic flaw in jet engines that started to show itself with 500,000 miles on it. So if there is something systematic, it gets worse until stopped.

That is the 'binge' thing. A sick perp will get a high and want to move more. Think of the sickest perps who are taking a drug and they need more of a dose to get the same high.

Molly may be an experienced runner, however, she is obviously not aware of the danger associated with wearing headphones while jogging.
True, my young adult sons will wear ear pods will riding their bikes and jogging. Do they listen to me or their Dad? Heck no both almost 4.0 GPA. Being book smarts means nothing two different things. Oblivious to dangers. I give up.

Once I heard a stock broker on radio say 'when is the safest time to fly? after a big airplane accident'.

Huh? What if the accident were caused by a systematic flaw in jet engines that started to show itself with 500,000 miles on it.

That is the 'binge' thing. A sick perp will get a high and want to move more. Think of the sickest perps are taking a drug and they need more of a dose to get the same high.
So true- and the more they don't get caught the higher they get. Take the Golden State Killer, he harassed and killed how many people? I am sure the "high" from getting away with it and the risk of getting caught each time gave him a each adrenaline boost.

Can someone post the original source of the co-op CCTV camera being non-operational? TIA.
This happened realatively early on and I believe it was an article from weareiowa.com that was picked up by various other sources. The co-op has a payment dropbox that allows for 24 hr access and the camera supposedly covered the payment box. Given how impt this company is locally I hope they have other security in place other than the single camera.

I apologize if this has been addressed, but it’s been nagging at me. The brother said he messaged her about using the car (the night before I believe) and no response from Mollie...what I don’t understand is A.) is that typical that she doesn’t respond and no one follows up? I have 2 brothers and if we were sharing a car for the summer he would have at least messaged back and said “okay I’m taking it” or something. Maybe her brother did, but I guess I just think that would be something you would want an answer on and would follow up until you got one! B.)if she didn’t take the car how did she get to work; I’m doubting there is public transportation where she was; so did she walk, jog, ride a bike, did someone swing by and pick her up. I’ve not seen addressed anywhere how she typically got to work if she didn’t use the family car.
Which is leading down this road of what if someone who knew her schedule swung by unannounced to take her to work ( a friend also home from college, an old HS friend, maybe a co worker, but doubtful) under the whole “hey thought you might want a ride” type thing.

I know I’m rambling!! It’s really been bothering me.
Hello and welcome to Websleuths!!:)

I have teens/young adults that share the vehicle with me (not fun) and this really bothers me. But, nearly any way you slice it somehow you end up pointing a finger at the family or a family member! So tread lightly not to break a TOS. Keep it very victim friendly in this thread!
I just move past any question of the car...yet I know this is possibly part of what was different on that fateful evening/day.
Hoping Mollie is home soon!
jmo

Huh? What if the accident were caused by a systematic flaw in jet engines that started to show itself with 500,000 miles on it. So if there is something systematic, it gets worse until stopped.

That is the 'binge' thing. A sick perp will get a high and want to move more. Think of the sickest perps who are taking a drug and they need more of a dose to get the same high.
Hmmm. Almost get arrogant about it. Push his/her limits. The bigger the risk the more fun type of thing?

She went for her run between 7:30 and 7:45 pm. Which many of us take to mean she left during that time period.

I believe she texted her mom before the run. As a person who jogs, I can't text and jog. Impossible for me.

Voice commands and voice-to-text?

How did you get out of the car?

Good for you!!! I hope he was caught!

he was never caught, it was a car with button locks but the pegs were removed..I quietly worked my tiny fingers into the opening enough so i could pinch the post of the car lock, I coughed very loudly to disguise the "click" he reached over and put his hand over my mouth..and I bit him and then I punched him in the nose, kicking him as I opened the door and fell out of the car in an alley..I ran behind some trash cans and he smashed the cans with his car.

people thought they heard a wounded animal in their yard.

it was me.

I survived well so don't worry!!!!

There might be a very good reason they've chosen to structure the reward just that way...
Then they are missing out on possible tips. People know the reward is only for her safe return. Few people are going to turn in their dangerous neighbor, go through an FBI investigation, and suffer a social media mob attack without the presence of a reward for the arrest and conviction NOT her safe return.

Very interesting question. The stuff movies are made of: The Departed, Serpico, Black Mass, London has Fallen...and a million more.

Basically that is corruption. And it happens. And sometimes it is very hard to overcome -- even at a national level. State would assume responsibility, unless there is a federal case. I have even seen ATF and US Marshal involvement.
This theory or some variant of it has moved up on my list of possibilities.

So true- and the more they don't get caught the higher they get. Take the Golden State Killer, he harassed and killed how many people? I am sure the "high" from getting away with it and the risk of getting caught each time gave him a each adrenaline boost.

That principle is not for every 'crime'. But for the sex offenders, they get hooked on their brain chemistry (?dopamine). They need more and more to keep that high.

Been following this case. I’m sure it was discussed but what was the weather that evening? Trying to think outside the box. Unusually hot? Chance of a random T storm passing through? Just trying to think if something would have caused her to be more likely to take a ride from someone / end jogging or take shelter ?

Not if it is private. No one would see it but the password would be known to someone close so LE could get into the account. I think it is a good idea myself. Some women are in fact harmed by people that they have met that gave them the creep factor. I know I have been. In my case I was not seriously harmed but I knew a particular person was going to try something with me. I felt it. He made a nuisance of himself and was always in my face which led to me turning him down many times. He was aggressive and reluctant. He did make a move and luckily I happened to be wearing construction boots and kicked him where it hurt. I did not report it. I didn't want to instigate it further. I would have if he had persisted but apparently he got the message because he stayed away from me. I don't know what his total intentions were but I can guess what one of them was.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be effective in solving some cases...but just as we don't demand everyone give a DNA sample to have on file to solve cases, this, too, seems like a precaution that, would be a violation of privacy, have potential for abuse and misuse, false accusations. It falls under the "well, if you have nothing to hide, you should not resist ANY violation of your privacy" mentality...which just doesn't resonate with me. Again, JMO.

I apologize if this has been addressed, but it’s been nagging at me. The brother said he messaged her about using the car (the night before I believe) and no response from Mollie...what I don’t understand is A.) is that typical that she doesn’t respond and no one follows up? I have 2 brothers and if we were sharing a car for the summer he would have at least messaged back and said “okay I’m taking it” or something. Maybe her brother did, but I guess I just think that would be something you would want an answer on and would follow up until you got one! B.)if she didn’t take the car how did she get to work; I’m doubting there is public transportation where she was; so did she walk, jog, ride a bike, did someone swing by and pick her up. I’ve not seen addressed anywhere how she typically got to work if she didn’t use the family car.
Which is leading down this road of what if someone who knew her schedule swung by unannounced to take her to work ( a friend also home from college, an old HS friend, maybe a co worker, but doubtful) under the whole “hey thought you might want a ride” type thing.

I know I’m rambling!! It’s really been bothering me.

Various MSM have created timelines which are handy to bookmark for future reference. Here's one of them that will clear up some of what you've mentioned (IE: 1, JT's text was the next morning and 2, she didn't make it to work). New Tip Emerges: Suspicious black SUV spotted the night Mollie Tibbetts disappears, says neighbor
  • Jake Tibbetts, who has been cleared as a suspect, sends Mollie a text message at 7:30 a.m., asking if she needed the car for work. The text message was not read.
  • Jake Tibbetts calls Laura Calderwood and says Mollie never made it to work at a daycare center. Laura calls the police.
Welcome to Websleuths! :)

I have not seen that posted or reported as a fact. The devices may or may not have anything to do with the farm. They may simply want to rule out nearby people with a history. If the phone pinged in that area, it may or may not be accurate... if accurate the phone may simply have been passing by that area and it may or may not have been with her.
And
I couldnt DISAGREE with you more.

Being a LE employee, for over 30 years.
I have made several posts defending the intregity of the on-going investigation.

It is not amateurish, IMO. You have to
Have knowledge of crime investigation, and standard procedures, to understand.

Disturbing to me, that so many people, on this site, "liked" this comment. I doubt the person posting this, has any professional investigative experience?

To form such a conclusion, about the quality of this investigation, is baseless, IMO.

**** Some people on this thread, have lost the focus of this investigation. Hopefully, finding MT alive. Taking "cheap shots", at LE, is misguided at best.

I base my opinions on fact, and not mere speculation.
I could not agree more. I am not a heart surgeon, so I would not insinuate that the surgeon is not conducting the surgery properly. These people are professionals, and the only people who seem to be judging them are people who are not. I especially agree that many people have lost focus in the investigation. I have read some pretty creative theories, but many aren't based on the facts of the case. We really need to focus or this site will become like a chat room. I would think there would be many places to share long stories or personal experiences But on this site, in my view, it is simply making it impossible to catch up. Lets try to stay on topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper