Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking outside the box or going out on a limb... a different idea...

First let me tell you about Micah True, ultra-marathon runner who for years ran long distance races of 100 miles. He was out on a simple 12 mile run (alone) where it appeared he simply sat down beside a creek. He died of an undiagnosed heart problem, an irregular heartbeat during exertion.

Might this have happened to M? Being a runner and appearing physically fit does not show what's happening inside. Did she sense a problem, stop somewhere off a road, and expire? One would think buzzard would have located a body or cadaver dogs, but maybe not.

Just another idea because the others aren't working...
I thought for a while that she might have had a severe asthma attack along the way, but I have no idea if she still has asthma and think she would have been found long ago if that were the case. Along with that, she had her cell phone and could have called 911 even if the battery was getting low. MOO

Mom24 did a great job here... it should be shared at each subsequent new thread to keep us all on track. The mapmakers are doing a pretty good job, too. Our interest may be a small part of what keeps public interest going. Look how much the reward is rising.

I do wish this same interest was available for all missing girls and I don’t know why it isn’t so. It may be there are not so many clues publicized by the media in other cases, as is true in Mollie’s case, and that is something to think about.

Goodnight, everyone.

Moms post and the maps should be stickies.

Tim Miller, where are you man! Mollie needs ya. We need ya to go. It's time. xo

I totally agree! Unfortunately, Tim has very limited funds to keep TES running at this point. Wish he would do a TES fundraiser. I would contribute.

Edited to add link. There are several ways listed in the article to make donations!

Texas EquuSearch is in Need of Immediate Donations

I'm not LE, but for lack of anything else to add, I decided to start a list of the scenarios I've ruled out and why I don't think they're likely/possible

Awesome summary of various scenarios ~ Thank you for all your thoughts & efforts. BBM you made especially interesting points:

5. Taken on her way to work (with other ride) or to get the car to go to work on the 19th. I don't believe she would go to work without her contacts/glasses whether she was driving or riding with someone else. Neither would have kept her from texting or responding to texts from DJ, JT or her friend.

I thought for a while that she might have had a severe asthma attack along the way, but I have no idea if she still has asthma and think she would have been found long ago if that were the case. Along with that, she had her cell phone and could have called 911 even if the battery was getting low. MOO
You understand she was running in town so would have been found within minutes. Some theories like this, animals or running iff with the carnival have me shaking my head. Plain and simply, all signs point to an abduction while running that night. 99% sure she didn’t make it home. Likely taken on outskirts of town as darkness approached. Crime of opportunity and very likely someone from area but not Brooklyn. And may or may not have known her. Occums Razor

Hi Steve! We have closed fast moving threads over night before. We are getting over 60 alerts an hour so you can imagine what a moderator would wake up to. I need more coffee to be able to recall examples of cases that were closed over night lol.

Libby & Abby, Dani Stislicki both had periods of closing overnight for the same reason.

I'm starting to think that maybe MT had unwanted attention from someone in her life, perhaps an acquaintance at college or maybe a parent of one of the children she worked with. Maybe she got a message from this person on the evening she went missing, agreed to meet him to "sort things out once & for all" and it went wrong from there.
It would go some way to explaining why her dad is adamant someone has her (MT said previously her dad was her best friend, would she confide something like this to him, maybe during the 3hr phone call or previously) and perhaps why the FBI are "getting to know MT".

Just trying to think this through. I wish she would come home, but I wish all missing persons would come home (if "home" is a safe place to return to).

Ok, I have spent my entire morning trying to find something about a missing girl in Iowa Nov 14 2017. I cannot find anything. I found a story of a girl on Nov 20, and a boy prior to her pinned tweet. Wouldn’t there be some sort of news coverage, if a 10 year old girl who went missing in Iowa City? Also, November 14 was a Tuesday, so it appears she pinned it the night the mistaken identity happened.

For those asking, reposting precip times for July 19. No rain reported on the 18.
Rain first observed at 12:35 am. and last observed at 09:15 am.
Heavy at times but also intermittent.
There was a brief shower reported about 3:55 pm. but ended by 4:30 pm.
These observations are from Grinnell, about 14 miles away, so the times in Brooklyn may be off by a few minutes.
Rainfall exceeded an inch.

Grinnell Regional, IA History | Weather Underground

Keep the
On TV, they always go back :)hope that is true to life...I can’t imagine they didn’t. It is such a basic starting point. Years ago, when a teen girl in Long Island went missing, they asked to search each house. I hope they did this time as well. And made note of refusals.

I have followed so many cases here and before I found WS. As secretive as L.e can be, this case beats all. I hope there are damned good reasons. It has been close to a month and memories, never great, are much worse now. I fear that sooner or later they will ask for help and won’t get much useful...they need to specify what they need...most people do not know “the basics” i.e who missed work, was late, cleaned their car, cut their hair, etc...JMO

Keep the faith! I feel the pieces to this very complex puzzle, will fall into place, soon. I feel LE will shed some much anticipated info, at tomorrow's meeting.
It has been unbearable, for most of us, waiting for it to be resolved. It is for LE also.

Ok, I have spent my entire morning trying to find something about a missing girl in Iowa Nov 14 2017. I cannot find anything. I found a story of a girl on Nov 20, and a boy prior to her pinned tweet. Wouldn’t there be some sort of news coverage, if a 10 year old girl who went missing in Iowa City? Also, November 14 was a Tuesday, so it appears she pinned it the night the mistaken identity happened.
I haven't been able to find anything about a missing 10 year old on that date, either.

Yes. I went towards a snakebite, or animal encounter, but her remains should have been found by now.
Especially in a small town with sidewalks abutted to streets and a few areas of open but wide grassy shoulders. Out in cornfield land it’s different with gravel roads, nonexistent shoulders and immediate cornfields and she would have had to stumble five rows in to be unseen.

Don't want to violate TOS, but my theory has changed a bit after researching off this site last night.
It has all become much clearer to me. I think it was someone she knew, but not well. Like someone else said on here many threads back...there is much that we can't discuss (and rightly so) but if you do a little digging...you will get some light bulb moments. <modsnipped>
Yes! I believe she is also alive. Are there any verified facts or evidence that she is not? I wouldn’t want to think differently until there are. Holding out hope and safe return of Mollie to her family and friends.

Looks like a "software issue" led the sheriff to pull the public call logs for the 15th and 16th, per his Facebook page. Sez he will not be posting them in response to a question. Maybe they were never posted but seems odd all the others have been. Software issue? Really?

Sounds like their suspect may be in there somewhere.

As the awesome Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers once sang in "The Waiting"

Chorus as follows:

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

It's amazing to me what a human being(s) can endure during times like this!

The class and perseverance, et al of the Tibbetts family and friends are most admirable and inspiring (and yes, that's definitely an understatement)!!!!

Hang in there - it's always darkest before The Dawn!!!

I can’t find the thread, but it was from last night. Someone asked how you can “follow”
someone on an app. As a parent, I have a few apps to keep track of my kids. There is “find my I-phone”, which shows you the location of a particular I-phone, IF you share the same account.

The other is “Find my Friends” which, you could share your location with friends If you add them. I don’t think this is as popular of an app.

The other big one is SnapChat. Snapchat has your location on it, with your avitar UNLESS you specifically turn your location off. Then your are invisible to all your friends in the off mode. Many kids don’t turn this feature off or don’t even check to see if it’s on. SO, if Mollie had this feature on at the time of her disappearance, anyone of her friends could have seen where she was, in real time. If she knew the perp and he was one of her SnapChat friends he/she could have “conveniently” placed themselves in her location.

You understand she was running in town so would have been found within minutes. Some theories like this, animals or running iff with the carnival have me shaking my head. Plain and simply, all signs point to an abduction while running that night. 99% sure she didn’t make it home. Likely taken on outskirts of town as darkness approached. Crime of opportunity and very likely someone from area but not Brooklyn. And may or may not have known her. Occums Razor
No need to shake your head. I obviously understand that since I said it in my first sentence. What did you think "and think she would have been found long ago if that were the case" meant? Just because we believe one thing probably happened, it doesn't mean we shouldn't look at other possibilities in case we're wrong. If all crimes were committed in the most likely way by the most likely person, we wouldn't have so many cold cases out there waiting to be solved. MOO

I couldn't agree more. Also what struck me about RT and DJ going to the fair together today reminded me of something RT said in an interview with LC and DJ. He mentioned that being in town he was glad to be able to get to know DJ better. As a parent of 3 grown kids I couldn't help but think how sad it was that he was getting to know the person who may someday have become his SIL under these horrific circumstances. RT appears to be a wonderful and kind man and loving father but putting myself in his shoes I know there would be a part of me that would be thinking WHY did you have to be out of town THAT night. Not that he would blame him for what has happened or think he was involved in any way, just a parent's desire that if they themselves can not be there to protect their child from harm, that the significant other take that place for them. It is unrealistic to feel that way but as a parent I just might if it were me.
I agree. I also wondered if DJ attended his wedding. Mollie looks over the moon in the selfie with her dad from June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic