Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he thought she was a suspect? Since he asked if coat was hers?
It’s a possibility. It however, doesn’t change the fact that I’ve spent hours this morning attempting to find ANY mention of a missing child on that date, and have come up with nil. It doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, but if it was legit, I cannot find mention of it anywhere.

Do we know for sure Mollie has family in Utah? Or could that be a place that police suspect some connection by the presumed kidnapper?
I don't believe it was ever confirmed. I recall it more like Mollie recently met relatives at her Dad's wedding that invited her to Utah. Perhaps it was the family brainstorming as to where Mollie could have gone if she left on her own and that was most recent event they could recall. Valid enough that Utah was put on alert to her missing. MOO

is there a way to tell when the pinned tweet was posted (before July 18th or after?) to her account and is MT the only person to have the capability to "pin the tweet" if anyone else can "pin" a tweet - can authorities figure out where that came from?
also- I remember reading somewhere that DJ knew she was missing after opening up the snapchat pic.

No need to shake your head. I obviously understand that since I said it in my first sentence. What did you think "and think she would have been found long ago if that were the case" meant? Just because we believe one thing probably happened, it doesn't mean we shouldn't look at other possibilities in case we're wrong. If all crimes were committed in the most likely way by the most likely person, we wouldn't have so many cold cases out there waiting to be solved. MOO
Because the facts point strongly this direction and appear to be more logical. This scenario (random) is also nearly impossible to solve and to me, that is why it isn’t and most likely won’t ever be solved.

regarding those questioning if you can frame someone with a ping....I don’t have a fitbit or know much about it, but looked up instructions for trying to locate if lost :

“If your tracker is connected with a mobile device, take that device to the area where you think you lost your tracker and try to sync it. If it syncs, you know the tracker is nearby”

If someone knew that they “lost”it there they would sync / ping to locate with Mollies phone. If she intentionally threw it or it was removed it at that site during a struggle or out a window, perpetrator would have to be savvy enough to know how to do that and take a chance on returning to that site to retrieve it or get out of a car at that moment to look for it. Doubtful. Would also seem odd to take the time to go back there and risk looking out of place, especially if you’re from out of town. However, someone who had both her fitbit and phone could intentionally sync/ping there at that location,at a time of their choosing, without her being present to make it look like was there at that time, remove the battery to stop tracking etch. That would also be someone fitbit tech savvy enough, know of WCs history. More likely someone local perhaps. Were there any other regular runners in the area who could've gone past that farm , after encountering her somewhere else, with her fitbit and phone? farfetched perhaps... but we are brainstorming

RE: You Tube, "New Theory in search for Missing College Mollie Tibbetts /CBS News"

Please scan thru the comments below the video.

<modsnip: You may direct members to a comment but you may not discuss the content>

Last edited by a moderator:
That was speculation that she might have intended to go to her mother's while out jogging and had maybe planned to shower once she got there.
ETA Since she went back and forth between the two houses, she would have had a change of clothes there too.

Certainly

It’s a possibility. It however, doesn’t change the fact that I’ve spent hours this morning attempting to find ANY mention of a missing child on that date, and have come up with nil. It doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, but if it was legit, I cannot find mention of it anywhere.
Campus bus and campus security doesn't necessarily make the local police report. Are you checking the correct police department? Iowa City? for University of Iowa.

I wonder if the Freedom Of Information act applies and if someone in the media would be all over this (omission)???

I could be wrong but I can't imagine a judge ruling for media through FOIA requesting info on police log during a relatively new, high profile, still unsolved missing person case. IMO a judge would feel the public's right to know does not outweigh the right of a missing person to be found which could be jeopordized with release of this information. With FBI involved they would have access to the best attorney's to fight this request if need be. I don't even think they would need them because I can't picture a judge ruling on the side of the media at this stage of the investigation.

Just a caution, I don't think we can bring up trafficking in this thread. I brought that idea/subject up many, many threads ago and it went south quickly. A few said Mollie's not the "type" traffickers want.
Anyway, I think someone mentioned that there is another thread on the board dedicated to trafficking topics.
I don't think anything is off the table in terms of theories at this point. I also disagree with telling someone that a theory can't be discussed or brought up. I think the general consensus many threads ago was that trafficking was a lower probably event due to who MT was as she didn't fit the typical profile BUT I don't think we can say that it is absolutely 'off the table' as a working theory especially given all that we have learned about trafficking in general and kidnapping for hire in the sex trade world. Far fetched, possibly but we simply have so little solid information and when something that appears solid (MT returning home) it is refuted by witness account. The witness accounts have honestly been all over the map so that I am leaning towards them being almost completely fabricated by LE to throw anyone off the trail of what they were up to. Paranoid much, yep I am as so much of what are known 'facts' do not fit together in any logical manner. LE has worked so hard to lock down the info flow in this case that we have been effectively chasing our tails on here with information that makes little sense. Other than the events that we have 'seen' such as LE searches and people stating they have met with LE I would bet good money that very little else that has been published is 'real' in terms of witness accounts or even some family statements and interviews. Taking a break and a breath as I think we might have been 'played' by LE in this one.

But the Mom had previously said the exact opposite. Given the opposing statements I am not sure how much reliance to place on this statement.
It's certainly everyone's choice to form their own opinions based on the facts and conflicting reports. No one heard from Mollie in the morning, she didn't pick up her shared car, and was last seen in jogging attire with earbuds, and her phone. My opinion is that she never returned to her boyfriend's house that night, or she had just arrived.

Most kids are missing for a matter of minutes...it may have been one of those situations...resolved before reporting.

In the text that she Tweeted out, she said "Then he told me there was a report of a 10 year old child wearing a pink coat and hat." Then it sounds like she surmised it was a missing child. Of course, we don't know what he said verbatim in the moment. But if that's exactly what he said, he never said there was a report of a missing child. So it could have been what another poster said--that someone thought she looked too young to be riding a bus alone, was concerned, and called police.

also- I remember reading somewhere that DJ knew she was missing after opening up the snapchat pic.

Ah, not quite. DJ became concerned the next AM when he sent her a GM msg and then--an hour or few hours later?--DJ checked his msgs and noticed that she had not replied.

regarding those questioning if you can frame someone with a ping....I don’t have a fitbit or know much about it, but looked up instructions for trying to locate if lost :

“If your tracker is connected with a mobile device, take that device to the area where you think you lost your tracker and try to sync it. If it syncs, you know the tracker is nearby”

If someone knew that they “lost”it there they would sync / ping to locate with Mollies phone. If she intentionally threw it or it was removed it at that site during a struggle or out a window, perpetrator would have to be savvy enough to know how to do that and take a chance on returning to that site to retrieve it or get out of a car at that moment to look for it. Doubtful. Would also seem odd to take the time to go back there and risk looking out of place, especially if you’re from out of town. However, someone who had both her fitbit and phone could intentionally sync/ping there at that location,at a time of their choosing, without her being present to make it look like was there at that time, remove the battery to stop tracking etch. That would also be someone fitbit tech savvy enough, know of WCs history. More likely someone local perhaps. Were there any other regular runners in the area who could've gone past that farm , after encountering her somewhere else, with her fitbit and phone? farfetched perhaps... but we are brainstorming
Also there are apps to help you locate a missing Fitbit. They work through Bluetooth. I lost my Fitbit once and could tell it was close because it was syncing with my phone. The app let me to my coat closet wher my Fitbit was at the bottom of my recycle bin. I am sure the app could be used on any device.

Comments are disabled for this video.

WHERE are you Mollie?!

So is WC cleared. Have LE said anything about the results?? I know he took the test but was he cleared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic