Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because you are quoting someone who quoted me after I quoted yet someone else. The OP was rainbowman, who said Mollie is not a resident of Brooklyn, her family lives in a larger nearby town, and there were people in her hometown who knew she was staying at her BF's in Brooklyn. I was asking what they meant, because I thought one part of her family lives in CA, and the other in Brooklyn on the other side of town. What part of her family lives in a larger town nearby?

I'm sorry I quoted somebody who quoted you? All I did was post a link to a map that showed where the house is relative to Brooklyn. It's a data point, that's all. I didn't intend to argue with anybody.

FITBIT SCIENCE EXPERIMENT - COMPLETE
Conclusion - Fitbit needs body movement to calculate steps. No physical movement = no steps.

EXPERIMENT:
I have a Fitbit Alta, the same one as MT... I pulled up the Fitbit App on my phone and synced to update my current step count etc. It does not show me any type of location , where I am, or map of where I have been today.

With my Fitbit on my wrist, I walked around and exaggerated my wrist movement and my step count was updating live and continued counting on my Fitbit app, I didn't have to re-sync/update or stop and wait to see how many steps I completed, it was counting live, Started at 1 step and ended at 100 steps.

Next, I took the Fitbit Off of my wrist and put it into a bowl. I walked the same route holding the bowl w/ Fitbit inside and walked, holding the bowl as still as I could, the step count did not change on the App, even though the Fitbit was technically moving around with me. My thought was, possibly Bluetooth/GPS/cell towers could just pick up the movement of the Fitbit from point A to B, not necessarily count by my body movement. BTW, if I moved the bowl just slightly, it counted steps.

LE could take the # of steps on her Fitbit account from a PC and re-create a map, north, south, east, west and go in each direction and see what landmark, forest, house, farm or a field is there. An example would be, 1000 steps recorded the day she disappeared... It would also tell them the time the Fitbit last had activity. If I sit down and watch a 2-hour movie, it will show I had no movement between 2-4 pm on 8/11/18. My last movement was at 2 pm but not 3 or 4 pm. This is also how it tracks your sleep, bedtime and wake time.

LE has to know the day/time MT started moving and stopped and the # of steps from the time she woke up to her last step from that day or days after. If she was sitting on a floor, and bound at the wrists but still twisting her wrist, it would still count steps. It's that sensitive. Also, the App shows the current Fitbit battery life as well.
B
Finally battery life info... If MT has her text messages, incoming calls and alarm clock synced to her Fitbit to vibrate, the battery drains faster. I don't know if this is the case... I will use mine as an example.. Based off 50 text alerts, and 1-2 alarms per day, my Fitbit battery will last 4-5 days. No alarms and a few texts, it will last 7 days +.. I'm sure with everyone in town texting and calling her, trying to locate her, it drained her Fitbit battery fairly quickly and it was drained within 24 hours if she had it synced.

Edit to add.. The vibration is loud, especially vibrating against your wrist bone and the skin on your wrist is thin...If she was with a perp, without a doubt, he would be able to hear it vibrating, to turn the vibration off, MT would have to do it through the App on the phone or PC.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm sorry I quoted somebody who quoted you? All I did was post a link to a map that showed where the house is relative to Brooklyn. It's a data point, that's all. I didn't intend to argue with anybody.
I am not arguing, I am asking because I might have missed something. Is she from a different town, and does her family live in that town? And I am thinking now that the OP was just in error, and misunderstood her living situation themselves. I could be wrong. They've only made that single post.

So you don't trust polygraphs either. I thought you were saying the opposite.
Haha, and that is another reason I wanted to be careful in my wording. What I was trying to say is that not all psychopath/sociopaths/cold-blooded heartless murderers are able to fool a polygraph test. ETA: I totally agree that they are not 100% accurate.

IF, God forbid, there is a body, and I know this is a very real possibility, there will be clues. Many times, LE can predict time of death based on maggot activity. There's a lifecycle, as you pointed out. Honestly, I really don't want to go there yet.
Thats fine, i am just interested in the scientific aspect, biological part, in general

This is jmo. But is it possible the guy who saw her running last was told by LE that she went home to study after her run because they were setting him up to see what he would say? Or how he would react if he knew she really didn’t go anywhere after her run? I feel like he might have slipped saying he was the last one to see her. Idk, just a thought
I believe you are talking about two different people. There was a guy (who did not see Molly running) that was questioned and informed that she ran by his house, and her Fitbit said she made it home safely. *Either too much info by early local LE or bait... there’s also the man who reported seeing her running and thought he “may have been the last person to see her in town.” Two different people.

IF, God forbid, there is a body, and I know this is a very real possibility, there will be clues. Many times, LE can predict time of death based on maggot activity. There's a lifecycle, as you pointed out. Honestly, I really don't want to go there yet.

If Mollie is deceased, which is more likely with each day that passes, it is quite likely that bugs and decomposition will reveal that she was killed close to July 18. Knowing when she was killed won't help with identifying a suspect. Evidence that may be on her body will completely deteriorate with decomposition and, if enough time passes, it will also be impossible to determine how she was killed.

Why won't they give us a timeline?
I addressed this several threads ago, but the timeline is very important in determining the veracity of tips, and to determine if a potential confession is valid or not. If someone knows something in regard to a portion of the timeline that has yet to be released, they could be determined to be truthful. “My boyfriend said that he kidnapped Mollie from this location at this time,” as an example. If a statement jibes with something that only LE knows, that could be huge.

Women are so much less violent than men.The great preponderance of violent crimes and sex crimes are committed by males. Testosterone!

And most of these men were raised in a dysfunctional home environment. They tend to vent their rage outwardly, while females raised in such an environment tend to turn their rage inward, and engage in self-destructive behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc