Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those still in the stranger abduction court, can you explain why? Also, by stranger abduction, I mean absolute stranger, like immediate attack or grab and run... not someone she’d seen or spoken to a couple of times and would feel ok taking a “friendly ride” from. I just feel that this isn’t an absolute stranger, just like dad said, someone thought something... felt something... probably inaccurately, and got in over their head. But without more info, I’m open to possibilities, so stranger abduction folks, what does your gut say?

The only reason I am still open to the possibility, although it is not my main one, is that I have seen many examples of cold cases, where years later, they found out the perp was a total stranger---an opportunity predator.

Many of these cases were not solved for years. And boyfriends and ex husbands and creepy neighbors were often the prime suspects, but not enough evidence to be charged.

Then later on, through weird coincidences, they would find it was a passerby, seeing a woman taking out her dogs alone at night, or seeing a young woman through an open window, and seizing the opportunity to kill and escape.

So I cannot rule out the slight possibility, that she was seen jogging, and was grabbed by a serial predator. I know it is a small town. But evil people find their way to small safe towns way too often.

This is very true. I've always been interested in abnormal psychology. The whole nature vs nurture thing I think is generally misunderstood. Often people will say well he this SK or that was mistreated by his mom growing up and grew up to hate women etc but reality is if someone is not wired correctly they could grow up in the Cleaver's household and still end up committing horrific crimes. The condition already exists in the individual. Their childhood experiences can be factors in how they act out as adults as abusive childhoods can and do exacerbate one's present and future behavior but are not necessarily the root cause of it.

What I found extremely interesting is that many attorney's and politicians in fact share similar personality traits to psychopaths. It is very common for both attorney's/politicians/psychopaths to be narcissists. The very traits that allow them to seek out these jobs are the very ones that allow them to effectively perform in their jobs. This particular combination of traits in a person allows them the ability to disconnect from shared human emotion and not concern themselves with the havoc their actions cause on not only society as a whole but the individual as well. I say disconnect because there is proof that functioning psychopaths can indeed feel some emotion it just isn't the normal wide range that most people are born equipped with. Their emotions are very limited and almost exclusively self serving. Harm done to them can cause them to feel and express emotion such as crying and pain but it usually segues into rage or the need to act out to kill that emotion. Very, very complex individuals when you study their motivations/behaviors and actions. So unlike the average person.
You make some very good points here. The consensus among experts, is that serial killers aren't simply born or made, it's a mixture of both. If you look at the vast majority of them, you'll find that they did suffer some emotional and/or physical trauma in their youth. No one knows why some go on to become serial killers, and others are able to overcome this trauma.

If this is a repeat ignore it. I find it interesting. LTE coverage for the area.

Global Cell Coverage Maps - OpenSignal
Great info. We had looked at sprint, verizon and att coverage maps yesterday. Someone said MT had sprint which like the other 2 had ok coverage in town but 10-15 miles out of town the quality of service was described as fair. Verizon and ATT both had solid coverage in town and good cover until about 15 miles outside of town.

This is very true. I've always been interested in abnormal psychology. The whole nature vs nurture thing I think is generally misunderstood. Often people will say well he this SK or that was mistreated by his mom growing up and grew up to hate women etc but reality is if someone is not wired correctly they could grow up in the Cleaver's household and still end up committing horrific crimes. The condition already exists in the individual. Their childhood experiences can be factors in how they act out as adults as abusive childhoods can and do exacerbate one's present and future behavior but are not necessarily the root cause of it.

What I found extremely interesting is that many attorney's and politicians in fact share similar personality traits to psychopaths. It is very common for both attorney's/politicians/psychopaths to be narcissists. The very traits that allow them to seek out these jobs are the very ones that allow them to effectively perform in their jobs. This particular combination of traits in a person allows them the ability to disconnect from shared human emotion and not concern themselves with the havoc their actions cause on not only society as a whole but the individual as well. I say disconnect because there is proof that functioning psychopaths can indeed feel some emotion it just isn't the normal wide range that most people are born equipped with. Their emotions are very limited and almost exclusively self serving. Harm done to them can cause them to feel and express emotion such as crying and pain but it usually segues into rage or the need to act out to kill that emotion. Very, very complex individuals when you study their motivations/behaviors and actions. So unlike the average person.
I think I read that in the book The Psychopath Test re politicians, attys, etc. Yeah. Scary stuff for real.

O/T, but just to lighten the mood momentarily...all you folks referencing Children of the Corn need to watch better corn movies...might I suggest Field of Dreams....

OK, I suppose the pleasant corporeal ghosts of deceased baseball players are preferable to a hoard of homicidal, knife welding (literaly) ankle biters, but do I have to pick either? Stay out of the corn, as nothing good (aside from oxygen production) happens in there after midnight!

Some sociopaths (anti-social personality disorder) start with animals. The murderer of Jessica Ridgeway snatched neighborhood cats before he attempted to abduct first a woman, and then a child - in this case, Jessica. He was studying to be a mortician.
I meant body disposal... You can buy acids needed at Lowe's and then neutralize the sludge with Lye and dump the slurry down a storm drain, stream, or slowly flush it down a toilet...

Is it possible that someone shot out the light to darken the area? Was it reported out the day before or the day the disappearance was reported?
Apparently it was on Tip Rural Co-op's website to let people who normally pay there know they were having that problem. If I remember correctly it was said to be caused by lightning, but you would think with the electricians/linemen they have working for the company, they could have had it fixed fairly quickly.

The only reason I am still open to the possibility, although it is not my main one, is that I have seen many examples of cold cases, where years later, they found out the perp was a total stranger---an opportunity predator.

Many of these cases were not solved for years. And boyfriends and ex husbands and creepy neighbors were often the prime suspects, but not enough evidence to be charged.

Then later on, through weird coincidences, they would find it was a passerby, seeing a woman taking out her dogs alone at night, or seeing a young woman through an open window, and seizing the opportunity to kill and escape.

So I cannot rule out the slight possibility, that she was seen jogging, and was grabbed by a serial predator. I know it is a small town. But evil people find their way to small safe towns way too often.
As a disclaimer, I often have a gut feeling about cases I follow on WS but it's not often right. My gut feeling on Mollie is that it was a random crime of opportunity. Pretty young girl jogging with earbuds in, and someone crossed her path on a desolate stretch of road and took advantage. Maybe a trucker that thought a girl from small town Iowa would never garner national attention like this.

Information on how to use Fitbit's MobileRun feature to track your runs and generate precise maps:

Fitbit Help - How do I use the Fitbit app to capture GPS data?

"
WHAT DATA DOES MOBILERUN TRACK?
Working with the GPS sensors in your phone, MobileRun calculates distance, elevation, and pace for your walk, run, or hike. When the activity is done and you sync your tracker, you'll find all the data and a GPS map of your route in your exercise history.
If your tracker doesn’t have GPS or you just want to leave it at home, you can still generate maps of your activity and capture other GPS data using the Fitbit app on your mobile device. This feature is called MobileRun.

Apparently it was on Tip Rural Co-op's website to let people who normally pay there know they were having that problem. If I remember correctly it was said to be caused by lightning, but you would think with the electricians/linemen they have working for the company, they could have had it fixed fairly quickly.
Nice of them to let everyone in the world know that the camera is out on a place where people go to pay bills

Just don't do it the Breaking Bad way.... bathtub.... ceiling.... oops.
There was an accident in the 60's at the Corning plant in NY where an employee transported hydroflouric acid in a large glass container .. It ate through the glass and poured onto his torso where in ate through until it reached Calcium(bones) he passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth