Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very true. I've always been interested in abnormal psychology. The whole nature vs nurture thing I think is generally misunderstood. Often people will say well he this SK or that was mistreated by his mom growing up and grew up to hate women etc but reality is if someone is not wired correctly they could grow up in the Cleaver's household and still end up committing horrific crimes. The condition already exists in the individual. Their childhood experiences can be factors in how they act out as adults as abusive childhoods can and do exacerbate one's present and future behavior but are not necessarily the root cause of it.

What I found extremely interesting is that many attorney's and politicians in fact share similar personality traits to psychopaths. It is very common for both attorney's/politicians/psychopaths to be narcissists. The very traits that allow them to seek out these jobs are the very ones that allow them to effectively perform in their jobs. This particular combination of traits in a person allows them the ability to disconnect from shared human emotion and not concern themselves with the havoc their actions cause on not only society as a whole but the individual as well. I say disconnect because there is proof that functioning psychopaths can indeed feel some emotion it just isn't the normal wide range that most people are born equipped with. Their emotions are very limited and almost exclusively self serving. Harm done to them can cause them to feel and express emotion such as crying and pain but it usually segues into rage or the need to act out to kill that emotion. Very, very complex individuals when you study their motivations/behaviors and actions. So unlike the average person.

That is why profiling came to be. Normal people attempt to try to solve crimes by using logic exclusively. These people are not normal nor are they logical so in order to understand them you have to think like them. I recall one of the first profilers, not sure if it was John Douglas or this other guy whose last name started with an S but I can't recall it now, said that in order to solve these crimes you must put yourself into the killers mindset. Doing that over and over again is mentally exhausting and does have an effect on your own mental health. I thought that was interesting and it makes sense. If you have to live in crazy people's minds day in and day out, doesn't that make it the norm for you. Scary if you really think about that. How do you shut it off when it's time to go home to your wife and kids.

Short article:

As you point out, not all psychopaths are murderers. (Some are also neuroscientists!)

Interesting point from the article:
"His particular allele for a serotonin transporter protein present in the brain, for example, is believed to put him at higher risk for psychopathic tendencies. But further analysis has shown that it can affect the development of the ventromedial prefrontal cortex (the area with characteristically low activity in psychopaths) in complex ways: It can open up the region to be more significantly affected by environmental influences, and so a positive (or negative) childhood is especially pivotal in determining behavioral outcomes."​

I posted it above. Sorry. I'll post it again. My theory is that that LE has enough video surveillance to know the who. They have a great timeline and know the when. They just don't know where Mollie is and they want to bring her home for family closure. That's why they aren't giving out any info on anything.

If police knew who abducted Mollie, that abductor would be in custody. There could not be an arrest in Mollie's disappearance with the media knowing about it. Police would have no illusions that the abductor would lead them to Mollie if they did nothing.

Look at the Karina Vetrano case. A completely random guy who she had never met killed her jogging close to her home. Yes her body was found very quickly, but not the killer. He was found months later through a random stop and frisk report.

Unsophisticated killer.

If there is a someone who took MT, he appears to be alot more sophisticated.

I posted it above. Sorry. I'll post it again. My theory is that that LE has enough video surveillance to know the who. They have a great timeline and know the when. They just don't know where Mollie is and they want to bring her home for family closure. That's why they aren't giving out any info on anything.
So if that would happen, what would the timing be of the booking, etc.? This would get out to the media before a Monday PC.

Dear Cardinal47,

Thank you for sharing your theory. Your posts have been such an integral part of these threads. I've appreciated reading them as they've been compassionate as well as greatly insightful!

Well thank you so much. All I want to do is find Mollie for her family.

I agree. Moo.

I don't know it just came together for me when I was revisiting the map and saw all those homes close by and that big electric company.
I just thought they have enough but they don't know where Mollie is. That's what's taking the time.

Short article:

As you point out, not all psychopaths are murderers. (Some are also neuroscientists!)

Interesting point from the article:
"His particular allele for a serotonin transporter protein present in the brain, for example, is believed to put him at higher risk for psychopathic tendencies. But further analysis has shown that it can affect the development of the ventromedial prefrontal cortex (the area with characteristically low activity in psychopaths) in complex ways: It can open up the region to be more significantly affected by environmental influences, and so a positive (or negative) childhood is especially pivotal in determining behavioral outcomes."​
They seem to find another outlet ... Many work in" important " industries, have a" God complex ", maybe an addiction ... A lot of firefighters and police officers I've worked with fit this category... Immature socially... Stick with nicknames from childhood like Billy, Bobby, Tommy....

Look at the Karina Vetrano case. A completely random guy who she had never met killed her jogging close to her home. Yes her body was found very quickly, but not the killer. He was found months later through a random stop and frisk report.
Vanessa Marcotte too. It happened around the same time. Guy was familiar with the area, possibly had seen her jogging before, and attacked and murdered her in the wooded that she was jogging along. There was no evidence they had ever met. DNA broke the case months later.

You think she's gone. Do you think it happened that night or shortly after or do you think she lived for a period of time? I had hope until this weekend. I thought maybe LE was on to something big and close to finding her. The continued silence and her dad at the fair passing out flyers is so sad to me.

Anyone with a weapon can usually overtake anyone without, especially with element of surprise. Mollie jogging along, singing to her headphone, i.e...someone pulls up, follows along, taps her on the shoulder and she turns to face a gun or knife? Or just grabs her. It might not matter how big that person is, if she froze even for an instant.
I have such strong startle reflexes that someone doing that to me might cause bad results for one of us, probably me but who knows? I was talking to a couple of friends one night and a guy came up behind me and put his arms around me partially pinning my arms. Luckily it was someone I didn't care for anyway because as son as he touched me, I automatically jammed my elbow back into his gut. He laid on the floor until he caught his breath and asked what happened, and I told him that you should never touch me without permission. He said, "Well, you could have given me a warning!" and I just told him that was a warning. Funny thing, he never tried to grab me again. :oops:

If someone is born with psychopathic or sociopathic tendencies, it does not matter one shred their sex, race, upbringing(to a degree) or any other malleable environmental response. It's hardwired, and how severe it is determines the behavior over the lifetime. If the person is mentally ill, or has a personality disorder they can be violent and have bad intent even if they are tiny six year olds.

But, arguably true psychopaths and mentally ill individuals make up only a small portion of violent offenders. More common is a history of childhood trauma, especially witness to domestic violence. Those naturally born with brain wiring of a psychopath are not the norm. MO (professional) O.

If police knew who abducted Mollie, that abductor would be in custody. There could not be an arrest in Mollie's disappearance with the media knowing about it. Police would have no illusions that the abductor would lead them to Mollie if they did nothing.
Sorry but I disagree. I think they know who it is. I think he's being watched I think they will make an arrest once they have exhausted all avenues of finding Mollie. Remember with enough cause they can get his phone records too.

I haven't conducted a study, but it seems more often than not that when female joggers go missing it's done by strangers and are crimes of opportunity. I could be wrong, but I feel like I have seen these cases over and over.

Is that logical, though? Just bc something hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean the cause to eventually cause it to happen isn't in the background brewing.... They might be building a case, hence not putting into custody too soon before formal charges can stick.

Unsophisticated killer.

If there is a someone who took MT, he appears to be alot more sophisticated.
Not necessarily. Grabbing her while she is jogging and destroying her phone aren’t especially sophisticated. I’m not saying this happened, just pointing out that it’s possible.

Except, the 'where' would come under interrogation. "You tell us where and we will go easy on you" (which they won't)
Jesse told where Hannah was after he was arrested. Behind the property his grandma rented. I think LE has clues and I might be wrong but I think with cause they can get his cell phone tracking. I think they are looking quietly and hard.

For what it's worth she could be chained up in a storage crate that was brought into town with the fair and the abductor got spooked ... People are crazy ... No theory is too simple or complex... I do not doubt that she is deceased at this point however. We'll see a story about a body being found while harvesting corn in October or while tilling the soil in April... That's the sad truth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious38