Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, arguably true psychopaths and mentally ill individuals make up only a small portion of violent offenders. More common is a history of childhood trauma, especially witness to domestic violence. Those naturally born with brain wiring of a psychopath are not the norm. MO (professional) O.

"This translates to approximately 1,150,000 adult males who would meet the criteria for psychopathy in the United States today.2 And of the approximately 6,720,000 adult males that are in prison, jail, parole, or probation,316%, or 1,075,000, are psychopaths.4 Thus, approximately 93% of adult male psychopaths in the United States are in prison, jail, parole, or probation."
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov This is a U.S. government link, so hope it's mainstream-media-enough to put here. fwiw

Sorry but I disagree. I think they know who it is. I think he's being watched I think they will make an arrest once they have exhausted all avenues of finding Mollie. Remember with enough cause they can get his phone records too.

That would imply that even though Mollie is alive, police are going to leave her to her abductors mercy until they have exhausted all avenues of finding her, and investigators are not going to search the abductor's house because that would tip him off that they are on to him?

Wouldn't it make more sense that if investigators have evidence that points to information about her location, they will not sit on it as it could mean the difference between life and death for Mollie?

RBBM. Excerpt from movie:

John Kinsella (the spirit of Ray Kinsela's father):
It's so beautiful here. Is ... is this heaven?

Ray Kinsella: (novice farmer): It's Iowa.

John: Iowa?

Ray: (smiling) Yeah.

John: Could've sworn it was heaven.

Ray: Is ... is there a heaven?

John: Oh, yeah. It's the place dreams come true.

Ray: (contemplates and turns to see his wife and daughter sitting on a porch swing on their idyllic farmhouse): Maybe this is heaven.
You haven't lived 'till you've watched that flick in Iowa. When I did it felt so ironic that it evolved into unironicism. lol

Is that logical, though? Just bc something hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean the cause to eventually cause it to happen isn't in the background brewing.... They might be building a case, hence not putting into custody too soon before formal charges can stick.

Right. I think there's a number of cases on WS where LE knows right from the first who the perp is, and goes silent, while they build the case. I think that Kaytlynn Cargill and Julia Jacobson both fall into that category.

That would imply that even though Mollie is alive, police are going to leave her to her abductors mercy until they have exhausted all avenues of finding her, and investigators are not going to search the abductor's house because that would tip him off that they are on to him?

Wouldn't it make more sense that if investigators have evidence that points to information about her location, they will not sit on it as it could mean the difference between life and death for Mollie?

The main point of LE involvement is to bring MT home to her family; a close second is to find who is responsible for her disappearance (or worse).

They are not going to wait to negotiate, etc.

I totally agree with your line of thinking Otto!

Arresting him could mean the death of Mollie if he refuses to talk. Following him on his cell phone might find Mollie. Also they could have evidence Mollie is no more. Statistics seem to point to the three hours. We have no idea if his house has been searched. We have no idea about anything on this investigation because they have been very quiet. That tells me they probably have a pretty solid case just no Mollie.
If they do have what I am proposing they walk a very find line in hoping to find Mollie alive.

I'm familiar with the stats. Antisocial personality disorder is arguably highly rooted in childhood trauma, as early as in utero exposure. The trauma (primarily a result of attachment disruption) changes the brain. But, the whole "nature" theory that all of those that meet criteria for antisocial personality disorder were born that way is unlikely. Research supports that trauma is highly positively correlated with antisocial traits and behavior.

My daughter just attended a seminar on childhood trauma put on by the hospital where she works. The presenter had actual slides showing how trauma changed the brain of children. That is emotional trauma, not physical trauma.

[QUOTE="Marie224, post: 14280269,

According to my experiment.. fitbit doesn’t track my location just my daily milage. It doesn’t know where I am going or where I have been, only I walked 5.7 miles today and 4.3 miles yesterday via arm swings/wrist movement .

We already determined Fit bit tracks location as the military has put out a warning specifically on Fitbits, iwatches and other devices with GPS locators. Everyone with a Fitbit needs to understand this is possible.

"This translates to approximately 1,150,000 adult males who would meet the criteria for psychopathy in the United States today.2 And of the approximately 6,720,000 adult males that are in prison, jail, parole, or probation,316%, or 1,075,000, are psychopaths.4 Thus, approximately 93% of adult male psychopaths in the United States are in prison, jail, parole, or probation."
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov This is a U.S. government link, so hope it's mainstream-media-enough to put here. fwiw
To clarify, I was labeling "true psychopaths" (totally made up term) as those referred in an earlier post as being born that way and that their environment had no influence on their behavior. I was challenging the notion that it is common for people born and raised in secure,safe,loving environments to be born a "psychopath." While it does happen, the norm is a history of trauma, especially early childhood trauma when it impacts the brain most significantly.

I'm doubtful that a born "psychopath" is responsible for Mollie's disappearance. MOO.

snipped
What I'm saying is, MOO, they are still in the process of building a case against one or more particular individuals they have in their sight right now, MOO. Obv, if they knew where she was, right now, tonight, they would go fetch her. Or any of us would. Priority is her safe return, or any return.

My daughter just attended a seminar on childhood trauma put on by the hospital where she works. The presenter had actual slides showing how trauma changed the brain of children. That is emotional trauma, not physical trauma.

I facilitate trainings like this. Neuroscience in the last decade + has given us so much insight into the impact of trauma on development and behavior. It gives us in the field hope that we can at least make an impact. Moo.

I just think the typical "monster" image "we" have of violent offenders can be paralyzing when evaluating who may be responsible for crimes. Many look just like the average person and live otherwise "normal" lives. Often the history of trauma or violent tendencies go unknown or unnoticed. It also makes it hard to consider crimes of passion, which are also common in murder cases, and do not necessarily fit the "psychopath" mold.

I'm leaning more toward a crime of passion/anger in regards to MT. Moo.

Last edited:
Right. I think there's a number of cases on WS where LE knows right from the first who the perp is, and goes silent, while they build the case. I think that Kaytlynn Cargill and Julia Jacobson both fall into that category.
Exactly. And at times, a cleared person becomes *uncleared*. Thanks, you said it better. :D

No way LE has abduction on video, knows who perp is, and is just waiting. I don’t believe that for a second, or that a perp could be watched 24/7 in such a small town and he not notice it. He is not going to lead them to her. They want his a$$ in jail, not lurking around town. Kidnapping is a life in prison crime. Jmo

MOLLIE TIBBETTS IS MISSING

STOP WITH THE OFF TOPIC POSTS

THREAD WILL SHUT DOWN UNTIL MONDAY IF THIS DOES NOT STOP.

I've always found that odd with many cases where LE shut the parents out of information. Seriously, if it was my child, I'd be camped at their home residences until someone gave me information.

Especially with parents, they can’t risk it. Do you mean to say you or other family members would not be tempted to seek out the POI yourself, if LE was moving too slowly? Or that you could keep info from other family members? I have my doubts about anyone having this ability.

No way LE has abduction on video, knows who perp is, and is just waiting. I don’t believe that for a second, or that a perp could be watched 24/7 in such a small town and he not notice it. He is not going to lead them to her. They want his a$$ in jail, not lurking around town. Kidnapping is a life in prison crime. Jmo
Plenty of suspects have inadvertently lead police to a body. You’re right about surveillance being difficult, but they could use a GPS device to track his vehicle and monitor his phone communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo