Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've often thought that, too. Degrees of that disorder- character disorder? biological brain issue? both?- are so prevalent, imho, in my country (U.S.).
I only discovered in the past 1.5 years that I have had two narcissists in my life, so my “education” has been the schools of Google and Reddit. But as other personality disorders (it does have a DSM code now) it is a combination of nature and nurture. In the cases I know personally there was some hardcore abuse and/or neglect in childhood. Both were different in their physically abusive techniques, but used the same underlying techniques overall.

Ps.. I have a gsd as well! Best dog ever!

According to my experiment.. fitbit doesn’t track my location just my daily milage. It doesn’t know where I am going or where I have been, only I walked 5.7 miles today and 4.3 miles yesterday via arm swings/wrist movement . Hope I understood your question and answered it.

But, arguably true psychopaths and mentally ill individuals make up only a small portion of violent offenders. More common is a history of childhood trauma, especially witness to domestic violence. Those naturally born with brain wiring of a psychopath are not the norm. MO (professional) O.

Oh no. Psychopaths account for a ton of crime. Absolutely. You have to read 'Bad Boys'.

Anti-Social Personality (ASP) occurs in 4.5% males and 0.9% females. So that's common. And: "Antisocial personality disorder is common in prison settings. Surveys of prisoners worldwide indicate a prevalence of antisocial personality disorder of 47% for men and 21% for women (Fazel & Danesh, 2002)."

ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY DISORDER - Antisocial Personality Disorder - PubMed Health - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health

If I was MT mother, I would demand LE to tell me the # of steps from the fitbit app and I would retrace her steps in every dam direction from the BF house and place a flag/marker and start looking/digging/smelling etc. to find a trace of evidence of MT. I would be out there with lights, crawling on my knees with tweezers looking through grass or dirt or whatever... Every single day I would count those # of steps and walk and keep walking/looking until I found her or a trace of her left.

I've always found that odd with many cases where LE shut the parents out of information. Seriously, if it was my child, I'd be camped at their home residences until someone gave me information.

Vanessa Marcotte too. It happened around the same time. Guy was familiar with the area, possibly had seen her jogging before, and attacked and murdered her in the wooded that she was jogging along. There was no evidence they had ever met. DNA broke the case months later.

His hunting ground seems small compared to Brooklyn Iowa. If this is a serial killer, his hunting ground appears to have at least a 30 mile radius.

I haven't conducted a study, but it seems more often than not that when female joggers go missing it's done by strangers and are crimes of opportunity. I could be wrong, but I feel like I have seen these cases over and over.
Now that's interesting. I wonder if we can get stats on this.

What I found extremely interesting is that many attorney's and politicians in fact share similar personality traits to psychopaths. It is very common for both attorney's/politicians/psychopaths to be narcissists. The very traits that allow them to seek out these jobs are the very ones that allow them to effectively perform in their jobs.

correct. A lot of psychopaths are also CEOs which makes sense as well. gotta be the best and the one in control and often that means stepping on the "smaller" people and not feeling sorry about it. (no offense to the non-psychopathic CEOs out there...)

But, arguably true psychopaths and mentally ill individuals make up only a small portion of violent offenders. More common is a history of childhood trauma, especially witness to domestic violence. Those naturally born with brain wiring of a psychopath are not the norm. MO (professional) O.

With the population closing in on 8 billion people in the world, even a small percentage of people is a huge amount of people. Enough that the kinds of people who serial stalk, rape and kill or who would try to "own" someone because they have a compulsion to are there in enough numbers that they are among all of us at any given time.

I have such strong startle reflexes that someone doing that to me might cause bad results for one of us, probably me but who knows? I was talking to a couple of friends one night and a guy came up behind me and put his arms around me partially pinning my arms. Luckily it was someone I didn't care for anyway because as son as he touched me, I automatically jammed my elbow back into his gut. He laid on the floor until he caught his breath and asked what happened, and I told him that you should never touch me without permission. He said, "Well, you could have given me a warning!" and I just told him that was a warning. Funny thing, he never tried to grab me again. :oops:

My daughter still talks about the time she jumped out from behind a door when she was 5 and I punched her right in the face haha... Sorry, but I've been trained in personal protection .. Not a good idea to test reflexes... We laugh about now, but I felt so bad... She now has the same reflexes with brutal self defense skills....

I haven't conducted a study, but it seems more often than not that when female joggers go missing it's done by strangers and are crimes of opportunity. I could be wrong, but I feel like I have seen these cases over and over.
It's the setting. Psychopathy meets opportunity.

You have a study there.....data from media reports.

His hunting ground seems small compared to Brooklyn Iowa. If this is a serial killer, his hunting ground appears to have at least a 30 mile radius.
It would have to be because of the wide dispersement of people. I’m not leaning towards a serial here anyways. This guy could be in the mould, but not by definition, a serial killer.

Sorry. In some instances there's a tendency to spew out a string of swear words. I know it's not funny, but ... totally forgivable, and it is a bit funny.

Coprolalia. You actually don't see it as much anymore.

checking in..still cant get past everyone in the house being out of town..on any other weekend it wouldn't matter..it's hard to know if is a coincidence and just a fact of the situation of the day, or if it holds more meaning...for the potential perp or for Mollie

we just don't know but if someone grabbed her off the street it was incredibly fast and no one saw or heard a thing.

the longer the reward is sitting there, the longer it feels like a stranger..no one in her life is coming out and revealing any secrets or love affairs, nothing is happening.

if the red shirt from the pig farm is relevant and the fitbit pinged there...well..it's not looking so great..people dont run off without their money and glasses/

MOO

IMO the reward is still sitting there because nobody can call in with a tip that will lead to her safe return. I think we’ll soon see the reward language reworded to allow the reward for Mollie’s “whereabouts” or to include “the arrest and conviction of any person(s) responsible for her disappearance.” I wish I thought Mollie was still alive, but I don’t even think she was alive at dawn on July 19.

I’d like to see the reward amount capped where it is now. It seems more advantageous to get Tim Miller and TXEQ to Brooklyn ASAP.

Oh no. Psychopaths account for a ton of crime. Absolutely. You have to read 'Bad Boys'.

Anti-Social Personality (ASP) occurs in 4.5% males and 0.9% females. So that's common. And: "Antisocial personality disorder is common in prison settings. Surveys of prisoners worldwide indicate a prevalence of antisocial personality disorder of 47% for men and 21% for women (Fazel & Danesh, 2002)."

ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY DISORDER - Antisocial Personality Disorder - PubMed Health - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health

I'm familiar with the stats. Antisocial personality disorder is arguably highly rooted in childhood trauma, as early as in utero exposure. The trauma (primarily a result of attachment disruption) changes the brain. But, the whole "nature" theory that all of those that meet criteria for antisocial personality disorder were born that way is unlikely. Research supports that trauma is highly positively correlated with antisocial traits and behavior.

Last edited:
O/T, but just to lighten the mood momentarily...all you folks referencing Children of the Corn need to watch better corn movies...might I suggest Field of Dreams....

RBBM. Excerpt from movie:

John Kinsella (the spirit of Ray Kinsela's father):
It's so beautiful here. Is ... is this heaven?

Ray Kinsella: (novice farmer): It's Iowa.

John: Iowa?

Ray: (smiling) Yeah.

John: Could've sworn it was heaven.

Ray: Is ... is there a heaven?

John: Oh, yeah. It's the place dreams come true.

Ray: (contemplates and turns to see his wife and daughter sitting on a porch swing on their idyllic farmhouse): Maybe this is heaven.

I can only imagine. The lack of awareness or empathy for mental illness and many disabilities that don't fit the "mold" (paralysis, etc) is frustrating

I'm familiar with the stats. Antisocial personality disorder is arguably highly rooted in childhood trauma, as early as in utero exposure. The trauma (primarily a result of attachment disruption) changes the brain. But, the whole "nature" theory that all of those that meet criteria for antisocial personality disorder were born that way is unlikely. Research supports that trauma is highly positively correlated.

Sorry but the evidence for that genetic basis is solid and growing. Many of the studies were done 50 miles from Brooklyn Iowa. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious38