Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb low tech dumb phone owner knowledge question ? - Is it possible to make it appear on your smart phone that you have sent someone a text, but you really did not send it at all ?

The more I think about it I really think she left her house a 2nd time (no one met her at her house) and went to meet someone that told her they had an emergency and needed her help.

I don't think anyone met her at her house because they said there was nothing out of place at the house. Maybe this was someone she THOUGHT she knew well (and she trusted). I think she went for a jog the first time (when she was supposed to go to her mom's to eat supper and then get the vehicle for work the next day). MAYBE on the way to her mom's house someone contacted her. MAYBE it was someone in distress (I read somewhere where Mollie was studying Psychology). MAYBE this someone needed someone to talk to and asked Mollie if she would talk to them later that day and they REALLY NEEDED to talk asap. MAYBE Mollie agreed and they asked Mollie to keep it quite since it was something personal they were going through.

MAYBE Mollie trusted this person and being the nice person she is she wanted to help them out. MAYBE she got back from her 1st run and did some homework really quick at her brother's house. MAYBE she then locked the dogs in the basement. MAYBE she took her Fitbit, phone, and headphones with her. Maybe she had her jogging outfit on from the 1st run, but just slapped a red shirt on (the one from work just happened to be there so she threw that one on) since it was raining outside (I heard it rained that night) to keep her phone from getting wet. Or maybe just so she would not be wearing a skimpy top. She probably just slipped the red top over the jogging top (and left the jogging top on).

MAYBE this person told her to meet them somewhere at a specific time and it was not that far from her house, but far enough for her to take her Fitbit and headphones. Of course she would take her phone too. But MAYBE on her way to meet this person they showed up at a different location (instead of the location she was supposed to meet them at--the location that they originally had agreed on). Maybe this person was at work or something and told her that they would not be able to meet her until a specific time. Maybe this person waited until they KNEW she was in a location without any people (so there would be no witnesses) and they pulled up to her (in their vehicle) and told her that they got off work early and they can meet with her now. So she jumped in their car trusting them and THINKING she was going to help them out with this problem they had.

MAYBE this person got her to his house and then made and advance and she denied him, because she thought of him as JUST a friend (but he was HOPING for more). Then everything turned ugly from there.

MAYBE she didn't think she needed her glasses or contacts. Especially if she only uses them to see up close and does not need them to see far away. That would mean she would only need them for driving or doing homework to see up close. But not sure STILL does not explain WHY she left her glasses and contacts behind.

Maybe she sent the Snapchat (which I am thinking they were not able to figure out what house it came from) not long after that in THIS particular person's house (an unknown house). Maybe she sent the Snapchat and this particular person didn't even know she sent it from his house at the time. Then MAYBE later this person came back to WC's house. Maybe this person took Mollie's Fitbit, and phone back to WC's property and made it look like that was the last place Mollie was at during her run (that was the last place the phone and Fitbit pinged/synced or whatever it is called). Maybe they threw her shirt out there too on WC's property to try to frame him and get LE off their tail. Just MY thoughts.

I am thinking it is someone she knows and has known (but trusts). I think it is someone older than her and I also think it is a male. I also think it is possible that they have friends in common and that's how they found out she was staying home alone that night. I am also thinking it is someone familiar with the town and that's how they knew to frame it on WC. But they also know all this about her because they have been following her on social media and stalking her all along and possibly for a long time. Just all MY opinion though.

Last edited:
Dumb low tech dumb phone owner knowledge question ? - Is it possible to make it appear on your smart phone that you have sent someone a text, but you really did not send it at all ?

Yes, download the xml file, edit said file with the appropriate timestamp in Unix epoch time, message content, etc, save it, and reupload it to your phone. This may be moot for legal purposes though, as the inserted message would not log to the message log on your phone bill.

According to Mollie's boyfriend, she never takes the Fitbit off. Other friends have also said to the media that she "always wears" the device. That's important to remember.

Father of missing University of Iowa student pleads for community tips | Daily Mail Online

Federal officials, who have interviewed more than 100 people, announced they were zeroing in on Mollie's internet footprint, keeping tabs on her social media accounts, and analyzing activity recorded by her Fitbit tracker.

'She never takes it off,' Jack said of Mollie's Fitbit. 'She uses it for the sleep tracker and all her runs.'

Why the FBI thinks Mollie Tibbetts' Fitbit could help find her

The avid runner always wore a Fitbit, which tracks the distance traveled and other information.

Based on tweets and psych major etc. and how she's been described, she seemed to be a very compassionate person, mental health advocate who would want to help someone who was depressed/suicidal. The type to change plans at a moments notice to be available to help someone or just listen. I wonder if there was someone who she had "counseled" who had become attached to her and started to mistake kindness for more. Maybe he (assuming male) called or just showed up at house to talk, knowing she was alone. Came in, or went for a drive, but it was last minute. Has someone in area or someone from school attempted or committed suicide since this happened.

If the FitBit was taken from Mollie, the heartbeat monitoring part would show it had stopped, correct? I'm just trying to understand how trying to plant the device elsewhere to frame someone would work. There would be evidence of tampering, I suspect.

If the FitBit was taken from Mollie, the heartbeat monitoring part would show it had stopped, correct? I'm just trying to understand how trying to plant the device elsewhere to frame someone would work. There would be evidence of tampering, I suspect.

ZoriahNZ, I would like to know because I am all confused about the Fitbit and all and how it syncs and if it would even be a possibility. If it IS a possibility then I would assume LE would know all this and KNOW that something happened (like the Fitbit going off or the phone pinging the last time) at WC's property.

243376-Animated-Good-Morning-Coffee-Gif.gif

link for photo

Come on in... thread is open.

Tracking the Mollie Tibbetts Story
Fox News podcast with Bill Hemmer and reporters Christina Corbin and Andrew Keiper, who have been reporting from Iowa.

Christina Corbin says the red shirt that was found kind of took off on social media, that her understanding is that somebody mowing grass in an area near WC's farm found a red shirt but so far they have not heard that the red shirt is connected in any way to Mollie's disappearance.

Andrew Keiper says that Mollie's mom said on background that she had seen the shirt that they had found and that it wasn't Mollie's.

Mollie Tibbetts, missing Iowa student, has always relied on prayer, dad says

“Mollie’s very spiritual, and so is her brother Scott and so we talked about that quite a bit,” Tibbetts told Fox News.

Mollie’s brother, Scott Tibbetts, tells Fox News that Mollie was giving that speech at their Christian youth group, which she faithfully attended.

“In high school she went to that every week as well as church most weeks. Sometimes she would even go with our grandma to church,” Scott Tibbetts said.

Does anybody know when the FBI became involved? on what day of her disappearance?

The other idea it gave me is this: if MT and her mom/siblings moved back to Iowa about ten years ago (MT was in 2nd grade, we read, so maybe 12ish years ago?) , they probably lived somewhere else before mom's current house, just based on how new the house and development seem to be. We don't know which town that house might have been in even if it's assumed to be in the general vicinity.

RSBM

In the interview with Mollie's brothers, JT says that the three of them were born in the San Francisco Bay area and moved to Brooklyn Iowa in 2007, where their mom grew up. They lived with an uncle until their house was built, moved in around Thanksgiving, 2008 and have lived there ever since.

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to thank Sharon Needles for the video posted after I went to bed last night. It gives people from other parts of the country (and world) a much better feel for the area, and I look forward to the walk-around video today. I value every member's input, but in these cases it is so beneficial to have locals on the board. Probably for almost all of us, it was one particular case, often local, that brought us here. For me, it was Brittanee Drexel because I live in NC, but have vacationed most of my life at Myrtle Beach. For those of you locals to the area that joined, thank you so much for caring about Mollie, and for your valuable input. However this case eventually is resolved, and we all pray that it will be, and with a good outcome, please consider sticking around this wonderful group of people that gather here. There are, and sadly always will be, so many more Mollies.
JMO

Yes, download the xml file, edit said file with the appropriate timestamp in Unix epoch time, message content, etc, save it, and reupload it to your phone. This may be moot for legal purposes though, as the inserted message would not log to the message log on your phone bill.

Such a message spoof is easily discovered as false. Phone plan bills don't 'log' each message on a 'phone bill' although there should be log indicating a communication between the phone and the carrier network that corresponds to the particular 'message'.

If she was attacked while wearing the Fitbit, would it show her increased heartbeat? Assumably...:(

Mollie Tibbetts, University of Iowa student, missing: Bill Hemmer dives deeper into the mystery disappearance

"On the night of Wednesday, July 18, the small town of Brooklyn, Iowa changed forever.

In a town of just 1,500 people, one of their own vanished when Mollie Tibbetts, a 20-year-old University of Iowa student, went out for a jog and didn’t come back.

Bill Hemmer, anchor of Fox News’ “America’s Newsroom” spoke with two reporters -- Andrew Keiper and Cristina Corbin -- covering a mystery that has gripped the nation."

Mitch Mortvedt, Assistant Director of Field Operations for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigations said DCI joined the investigation Friday (7/20) and the FBI became involved Monday (7/23). Both agencies, he said, are able to offer extensive resources to aid in the search for Tibbetts.
State and federal investigators join in search for Mollie Tibbetts

thank you! I've seen various statements about why they are involved throughout the threads, but was it ever determined exactly why? because they help when the local PD is understaffed or only if the crime crosses state lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist