Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's been a lot of speculation regarding Mollie's mother's comment about the contacts. Her mother said Mollie's glasses and contacts were still in the house. I think what she was addressing in that statement was whether Mollie left on her own accord and ran away, not that Mollie was walking around without any eyewear on. Most people have boxes of disposable contacts that they throw out at the end of the day (daily wear) and then change into their glasses for the evening. Some even wear contacts that you can leave in for a few days, but typically you get a six month supply at a time. So Mollie most likely has boxes of contacts and one set of glasses. When her mother said her contacts and glasses were left behind I believe she meant Mollie's one pair of glasses and her supply of contacts were still at the home. However, Mollie left the home wearing a pair of contacts.
Well stated, great explanation. Shows she did not intend to leave voluntarily.

I cannot find a RT sighting time from his interview or LE anywhere...... I did almost make it to the Love Quotes And Zodiac Signs sections of that strange video that got removed.....Fast and good catch there, Mods.

All we have to work with at this time in terms of reported sighting in MSM with times is:

- 730 - NH sighting on West Pershing
- 800 - DR sighting on 2nd

Other ‘eyewitness’ reports are:

- No time given - DC said LE told him she ran by and made it home
- No time given - RT saw her walking on Des Moines and Jackson

Was Mollie's drivers license missing from her wallet? If so, she could have stuck it in her pocket if she was headed to her Moms to pick up the car.

I don't know if her ID was actually in her wallet, but it has been stated in multiple news reports that her identification and wallet were found at the home where she was staying.

I really can't take credit! Thank you for your contributions. :)

WHAT WE KNOW
  • Mollie's jogging clothing and devices are missing
  • she has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  • the dogs were in the basement
  • Dalton said the door was probably unlocked
  • she was seen running East on Pershing towards the Funeral Home
  • she was seen at the Funeral Home
  • she typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • she went for a run at 7:30
  • she usually runs for 45 minutes
  • LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  • a digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  • video was collected from various businesses
  • Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  • she may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  • Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM
  • Mollie was a creature of habit
  • Dalton sent her a text in the morning and she did not respond
  • This was the second night that Mollie was alone in the house
  • There were no vehicles in the driveway (as there usually would be)
  • Her driver's license and debit card were at the house
  • Usual evening routine: run, shower/eat or eat/shower, homework, bed
  • No signs of a struggle or forced entry
Thank you for the last one @Stippling.
I really can't take credit! Thank you for your contributions. :)

WHAT WE KNOW
  • Mollie's jogging clothing and devices are missing
  • she has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  • the dogs were in the basement
  • Dalton said the door was probably unlocked
  • she was seen running East on Pershing towards the Funeral Home
  • she was seen at the Funeral Home
  • she typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • she went for a run at 7:30
  • she usually runs for 45 minutes
  • LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  • a digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  • video was collected from various businesses
  • Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  • she may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  • Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM
  • Mollie was a creature of habit
  • Dalton sent her a text in the morning and she did not respond
  • This was the second night that Mollie was alone in the house
  • There were no vehicles in the driveway (as there usually would be)
  • Her driver's license and debit card were at the house
  • Usual evening routine: run, shower/eat or eat/shower, homework, bed
  • No signs of a struggle or forced entry
Thank you for the last one @Stippling.

Does anyone have a link regarding Mollie being seen at the Funeral Home? I can't seem to find mention of it in MSM reports.

(I wanted to say I might have had a total brain fart in the last thread when I said maybe LE advised her boyfriend not to reveal the contents of the caption...I forgot SC goes poof in (how long again?)...I think I confused IG with SnapChat. )

<modsnipped quote>
I don't envy the job of these investigators, nor do I feel there is any basis to criticize them at this point. They are likely working their butts off to solve the mystery and bring Mollie home. I hope they are successful and aren't distracted by discouraging comments about their competency.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one of those things they haven't expounded upon. It's hard to know what kind of significance there is since we don't know when she would have taken out the contacts and put on glasses. But if she wasn't wearing either, that would have implications if we go down the abduction rabbit hole. If she was wearing some when she left/went, the fact that her glasses and contacts were still at home is sort of less of a glaring detail. The Mom could have meant that Mollie didn't pack for a voluntary disappearance, and only had a few things with her, so the logical thing would be to move that theory down the list. Everyone was pretty defensive in the early interviews, which is understandable. MOO
Even if she was wearing a pair they wouldn't have lasted long. As far as I know, few people wear the long wear kind, the disposables are much easier. And why would she leave her solution and case behind. The one thing you don't want to forget when you are going away is your contacts. It is very frustrating when you can't see a thing and everything is blurry.

I'm not sure if that's a possibility with on line courses. I'm my experience, definitely not.
Unless she means at the house. The dogs could have been downstairs so they could concentrate. IDK, but I'm guessing that's what she meant. That's how I took it.

I want to know more about the security cameras next door. Was it the whole system that went out or one camera? If one camera, where was it to be viewing?
That’s going to have to come from a local. I can’t find anything about a broken camera at the coop. Who stated that to begin with? Was it a local?

Bringing forward from the last thread some questions:

If she was attacked while wearing the Fitbit, would it show her increased heartbeat? Assumably...:(
Thinking more about this, any other vitals it monitors? I wonder if this potential record of biological response(s) can/will be used in court to demonstrate a timeline and attack, assuming it is recovered and this is the case?

I think the only other physical vitals it measures is "movement" ie steps. It tracks calories burned but I believe that is calculated from heartrate and movement plus information it is "told" such as weight and gender. Even sleep data is AFAIK calculated from the same base data.

The poster who just posted about getting an alert when their heartrate randomly spiked during the night makes me think the data couldn't be used as conclusive evidence of anything specific happening, but it could certainly provide leads and once something is known about what did happen, the fitbit data could presumably be considered important for determining when & maybe where it happened. MOO.

Does anyone have a link regarding Mollie being seen at the Funeral Home? I can't seem to find mention of it in MSM reports.

While there has been some chatter of ‘jogging toward the Funeral Home’ on Pershing, I have not been able to find this documented in MSM and no one has posted up where it was written/said when I asked other than other WS posts. But I did indicate I’m more of a reader than a video watcher so if someone interviewed ‘said’ it, I most likely wouldn’t have heard it.

All we have to work with at this time in terms of reported sighting in MSM with times is:

- 730 - NH sighting on West Pershing
- 800 - DR sighting on 2nd

Other ‘eyewitness’ reports are:

- No time given - DC said LE told him she ran by and made it home
- No time given - RT saw her walking on Des Moines and Jackson
Thank you and everyone else. No wonder I couldn't remember the RT sighting time for sure........ Come on Possible Arrest soon ( I hope) and Press Conference !

I have read nearly every post since thread 1 except for maybe 5-10 that I just rolled past. I've never been so consumed with someones disappearance as MT, but this morning I am tapped out on sadness for her and her family.

There isn't a questions we haven't asked. The problem is we have no answers. It's time for me to step away.

I admire you long term sleuthers (I guess it's not a word, sorry) who can handle the emotions of not knowing but yet keep sleuthing. I'll check back later but it's time I go back to living my life. My husband was starting to wonder if I met someone on line that I wouldn't get off the computer for the last 3 weeks. I'll continue to pray for MT's safe return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria