Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped

I have to dispute the logic of this post.

First of all, the boyfriend didn't say anything to the effect that Mollie looked distraught in the SnapChat message that she had sent him.

Second, it isn't realistic to think that someone in dire peril would think to send a snapchat; it is far more likely that the person would be seeking an escape route.

We can assume that if Mollie was taken from the home by force, then the abduction occurred while the dogs were still in the basement or after they had been put back in the basement at a later time.

I mentioned in the post that it has been opined here that her bf may have been advised by LE NOT to describe the SC from MT to the press. That makes sense especially if it timeline related. They can find out what time it was sent through subpoena to SC.

I agree that one way a person in dire peril would react would be looking for an exit point but it is not the only way one may react. Not being in that situation myself thank God but being in an assault situation where the perp was armed with a knife and at that second there was no way out for me and my bf, the first thing that came to my mind was my mom and how to reach out to her. This was in the 70's so cell phones weren't even invented yet. Today under the same circumstance I may react the same way and wish to find a way to contact my hubby so he knows what is happening to me and to if not save me, know what happened to me. I know it is not the BEST reaction one might have because quick thinking and attempting to get out of the situation is the best way to focus where you actually might come out alive, but that's just it. We don't all think logically when we are attacked or confronted. I would HOPE at my age (I was 19 then) I would have enough smarts to do what you suggest and possibly live another day. But in the heat of the moment and being a young girl with minimal or no experience how to best get out of the situation, you sometimes aren't thinking logically. I would imagine there are many females that are no longer among us today who didn't think clear enough in a seconds time to save themselves. It's just reality imo.

As far as the dogs go I am not convinced they would have to be downstairs already although that scenario makes it far easier for her to be taken. In order for that to be though she would have to be just returning home and before she released the dogs. Very possible indeed. Or she was heading out a second time, dogs already secured. I don't find this scenario as likely because she would be heading out closer to if not dark. It's been stated by her bf she didn't jog at night therefore safe to say she would not walk at night alone either assuming her intent was to get to her mom's and secure the car.

(I wanted to say I might have had a total brain fart in the last thread when I said maybe LE advised her boyfriend not to reveal the contents of the caption...I forgot SC goes poof in (how long again?)...I think I confused IG with SnapChat. )
seconds, usually, but I believe you can set it yourself. It sounds like he had it set for a short length of time.

I want to know more about the security cameras next door. Was it the whole system that went out or one camera? If one camera, where was it to be viewing?

I tried to track down where the information about the cameras came from and never could find it, but I don't generally have much luck searching this site. Here is some of what I found (no MSM links, so far).

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9
IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13
IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15
IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15
IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

That’s going to have to come from a local. I can’t find anything about a broken camera at the coop. Who stated that to begin with? Was it a local?
I believe it was on their website to advise people who go there to pay their bills in person.

In the total absence of any legacy reports, I do not buy into the theory that a Brooklyn resident living along her route on that night developed an irresistible impulse to abduct her.

This one is my first look through town. If you view this before youtube finishes trimming it, note that the hardware store I see is not the hardware store that was vandalized. This one gives you a good feel for the town, next one will be a closer look at the residential streets.

This video starts as we leave Casey's and continue west down Historic US 6 to 385th Ave just west of town. I had never been down this road before and now I can see why - it's gravel turning to dirt before it turns into West Des Moines St. I really don't think Historic US 6 or that stretch of 385th are relevant as potential routes, but maybe they should be noted.

(3:15) As I enter West Des Moines St and continue East you'll see the house where Mollie was dog sitting and the Electric Co-Op to my left. You can get plenty of close up via google street view if you're interested.

(5:10) W Des Moines meets Jackson St and I turn left (N) towards the high school. To get to Mom's house one would turn right at the 6:30 mark. I'm not going over to those houses. I continue North to Hwy 6 (not the same as Historic US 6), then turn around and go back South.

(9:30) Heading South on Jackson, I turn left (E) on Pershing. This is likely a street Mollie would have jogged along regularly. 10:45 I turn right (S) on Mills St and follow that south to 2nd street (11:35).

(12:35) I'm stopped on the corner of 2nd and Clay St getting ready to turn North. Note the view from here, you can see Casey's up ahead from the that intersection. I turn and follow Clay St north until it ends at E Des Moines St (14:35). Here I turn left (W) back to Jackson, then turn south and head towards the Business District. Notice Casey's again off to my right at 15:50.

(16:00) The Business District in Brooklyn is really just the one block of Jackson St south of Casey's. It's a one-way (south only) street.

Does anyone have a link regarding Mollie being seen at the Funeral Home? I can't seem to find mention of it in MSM reports.

I don't. The list was a collaborative effort with input of several different members. I think the funeral home entry came from @otto so maybe he can tell us.

A town of 1500 people, a 20 year old female with a social media presence 'just disappears' and the FBI and local Law Enforcement can't solve this case in 3 and a half weeks..!! Really??? This is a shame and an embarrassment for LE . Makes one question their efforts, their focus, or their abilities. Where is Liam Neeson!!!
They must be going absolutely crazy dealing with all these leads. It seems there is little evidence and a thousand leads to follow up on. This FB profile must be driving them crazy. ( the fake one) my guess is it is either some idiot messing with everybody or the perpetrator himself. Sick. I think LE would be getting burned out by now, but I have no doubt they are working around the clock to do everything in their power to find Mollie. This is a missing persons case. They don't fool around.

Was Mollie's drivers license missing from her wallet? If so, she could have stuck it in her pocket if she was headed to her Moms to pick up the car.
I don't know if her ID was actually in her wallet, but it has been stated in multiple news reports that her identification and wallet were found at the home where she was staying.

See this one where it says her wallet containing license was recovered : https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...etts-says-does-not-believe-returned-home.html

A town of 1500 people, a 20 year old female with a social media presence 'just disappears' and the FBI and local Law Enforcement can't solve this case in 3 and a half weeks..!! Really??? This is a shame and an embarrassment for LE . Makes one question their efforts, their focus, or their abilities. Where is Liam Neeson!!!
I don't agree with you at all. It is not a shame on law enforcement to have not solved this in only 3 weeks and to question their efforts and focus is totally unfair. If you have seen any of the videos SharonNeedles uploaded it is very clear the vast amount of open country and hiding places a body could be dropped in.

Also, along those lines. Their silence does not mean they do not have poi or suspect. They very well might and are just hoping to recover the body to make the case more solid. They could be running tests and are waiting on results. There are many reasons why it is not solved yet. In fact if this is a stranger abduction this case may never be solved. That is just how it is. There are many open cases of missing people or bodies found and no one has been arrested. We live in a country of approx 350 million people. If the victim is not a local and is long gone, how long do you think it should take to solve this and make an arrest? Investigations take time EVEN when LE has their sites on a suspect. The worst scenario is arresting someone without enough solid evidence to get a conviction. A DA can throw out a case or worse yet have a trial and get a not guilty verdict whereas the guilty party can never be charged again due to DJ law.

Last edited:
I didn’t see anything on the Coop website. In reality though, if there was a camera down when the girl next door went missing, I’m assuming the first thing you’d do is fix it. I wish we knew if there was ever really a camera outage.

I might be way off the mark; also it might of been mentioned earlier. The presser on Friday might be related to CW polygraph test. They probably take a few days to interpret. I don't think anything note worthy has taken place near the time of the presser.

Really? I looked on their site and didn’t see anything. I even looked at several months of newsletters... I’m going to recheck and will let ya’ll know.

I can’t confirm if this was on the site previously but I can no longer find things that were on line earlier such as the page listing employees. Perhaps there have been modifications to the site or user error on my part.

I mentioned in the post that it has been opined here that her bf may have been advised by LE NOT to describe the SC from MT to the press. That makes sense especially if it timeline related. They can find out what time it was sent through subpoena to SC.
Snipped

The boyfriend apparently wasn't alarmed upon viewing the SnapChat: he didn't call 911, etc. The alarm wasn't raised until the next day. One can infer that the SnapChat image was not the sort that would have been captured during an attack.

Thank you and everyone else. No wonder I couldn't remember the RT sighting time for sure........ Come on Possible Arrest soon ( I hope) and Press Conference !

RT alluded to watching TV when Mollie walked by. I wish we could ask what he was watching, and what was happening in the TV show or sports game at the time he saw Mollie walking by, to help us figure the time to some level of precision. I believe he is older, so there is a good chance he was watching cable or over-the-air TV, which means we could figure it out. Unfortunately, he could have been streaming, watching a DVD or Blu-ray, which would make what he was watching unhelpful in determining when Mollie walked by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member