Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't know how I missed this interview. Yet another reference to MT in past tense *sigh* Would MT have shared a class with a senior @ BGM who is the same age as her younger brother?

Lifelong Friend of Mollie Tibbetts Says Mysterious Disappearance Has Community Members on Guard
Sure like Spanish or Student Government...other electives. Alternatively, my high school freshman has many academic classes with older kids because he is gifted academically. Um, not that I'm suggesting this to be the case with this young man.

Re: driver's license--I took a look at the Iowa laws. Driving without a valid driver's license is a misdemeanor.

On the other hand, driving with a valid driver's license that just doesn't happen to be in your possession is an 'infraction'--the worst that can happen is a fine, and there was a strong implication that you had a good chance of getting off with nothing.

Consider that her mother's place is about a mile, driving on quiet streets. And she's a pretty girl who may have already had experience to show her that big eyes and an apologetic voice can get you out of traffic tickets.

That's a roundabout way of saying that I agree.

She didn't have a car with her that evening. She would've only needed her DL in the morning to drive to work. So to me that points to her going missing the evening before, along with the fact that she never responded to her brother's text the next morning. Her work clothes were at her Mom's house. But her running clothes are what she was last seen wearing....which probably means she was wearing them when she went missing. IMHO.

Just a thought......if someone in authority stopped to talk to you and told you to come with them would you go?

It would depend on what their authority was, where they wanted me to go, and if I knew them. If I am being arrested for something, then you bet. If the president of the chamber of commerce is asking me to check out their meth lab, probably not. If the mayor, someone I have known since childhood, needs help carrying something to their car then sure.

Honestly, I don't know how I missed this interview. Yet another reference to MT in past tense *sigh* Would MT have shared a class with a senior @ BGM who is the same age as her younger brother?

Lifelong Friend of Mollie Tibbetts Says Mysterious Disappearance Has Community Members on Guard

To me, he was talking in the context of when he was in school with her. His next sentence speaks of her in the present tense.

In any case, I wouldn't put too much weight on the spoken tense on August 6th due to lots of folks having reached a grim conclusion by then.

JMO.

Not unless I was under arrest.
In situations like that first ask for ID, ask what it is regarding. If an unmarked car tries to pull you over, call 911 and ask them to confirm that it is an official vehicle. In the meantime, continue driving towards the nearest police station.
Keep in mind she's only 20 years old.

Gotcha! Here in TN, we have the TBI. So it’s pretty obvious what their role and status is. With DCI, I was thinking they were just a crime lab or something. This could be big indeed. Thanks for your help!
Wow. I am going to have to read your post a couple of times before I get it. I have never been good at technology. By the way you called me mister... ha ha

Just a thought......if someone in authority stopped to talk to you and told you to come with them would you go?
no.

<mod fixed broken quotes>

Last edited by a moderator:
Many do, but they also take them to remote locations like a field, wooded area, etc and can assault them either in the vehicle or lead them o

I agree with you, I think that the hog farm was a secondary crime site that gave the abductor(s) a place to stabilize/bind their victim and disable her phone.

Yeah, that past tense thing really puzzles me. Of course I can't say for certain how I would hold up were my friend missing, but I can tell you the times long ago when I had a cat go missing, it was *months later* and I was *still* saying to people, "Tabby has white hair, and....."

To me, he was talking in the context of when he was in school with her. His next sentence speaks of her in the present tense.

In any case, I wouldn't put too much weight on the spoken tense on August 6th due to lots of folks having reached a grim conclusion by then.

JMO.
No I wouldn’t place importance on that either.

Thanks for sharing the new find! It is sort of curious that no female friend DS have been interviewed. However, if I were a girl in the area I would be hesitant to draw attention to myself right now.

As others have noted, it’s also odd that no community vigil was arranged. From the get go, this case has seemed unusual. I believe there is a reason the FBI was involved so quickly, and that the local investigation began immediately. Perhaps at the tender age of 20 they did not want to wait the typical 48 hours to declare an adult missing.

I work with college students and most of them now use a little wallet stuck on the back of their phones like this:

https://www.amazon.com/AgentWhiteUS...pID=41TpOwXl1aL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I have been thinking it is very possible this is what Mollie had.

I have seen a lot using those, too, and it is very possible that Mollie used that. I know some women my age who use them. My girls do not like those, but they are recent college grads and are working now. I think they both use a wristlet wallet these days.
I am not sure if it makes a difference knowing what Mollie used but I think we all wonder just trying to get in her mindset in order to better understand her habits and predict behavior.

It is interesting to note that many of us have commented on our varying habits and it goes to show how hard it is to predict one person's daily habits. Everyone is different.
I really hope something new come of the presser today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member