Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do volunteers come from? Most people are working if they are the parents. Do others need a background check?

Volunteers are great, but staff is the most important as they know the kids and the protocols.

I would have called to see if she was running late or if she had car trouble . I would have sent a staff member to get her if it was a transportation issue.

Field trips are incredibly stressful. I cannot even imagine bringing kids to a fair.
I would think. yes they would need background checks. They do around here, even for volunteers.

I drive a mile (and back) to the bus stop everyday and never think to bring my licence. In my pjs. Seems alot of other moms do too.
I go to the store and Starbucks regularly without my wallet or license since I have the app on my phone to pay with. Used to drive kids to and from school also without it. If stopped by LE I would get a fix-it ticket. Just show my license to the police to have it signed off on. No big deal.

I believe it was a local who was an acquaintance, but this is one of four directions I’m considering. I think there is a likelihood that Mollie’s disappearance was not the first rodeo for this perp.

Honestly, I don't know how I missed this interview. Yet another reference to MT in past tense *sigh* Would MT have shared a class with a senior @ BGM who is the same age as her younger brother?

Lifelong Friend of Mollie Tibbetts Says Mysterious Disappearance Has Community Members on Guard

If this presser is like the others, I think there will be a major public fade on this case. I don’t see Fox News, or a lot of us going over the same stuff until there is a break in the case.

Wow....I really am mr. Optimistic! :)

I agree. If nothing more is revealed soon, not even a tidbit, interest will begin to shrink. Sure, people will continue to click on articles about the case if it comes up, but they won’t follow it as rabidly. They will follow the case passively instead of doing it actively.

Mollie goes on a run around her side of Brooklyn and witnesses have come forward to say they saw her.

Mollie walks (or attempts to walk) from one end of Brooklyn to the other to go to her Mom's house and no one sees her/admits to seeing her along the way?

There have been conflicting reports about some of the sightings so it's hard to give any of them more weight than the others. There is at least one person who said they saw her walking that night.

https://www.weareiowa.com/news/loca...-night-mollie-tibbetts-disappeared/1329569494

""She was just walking nonchalantly like nothing was bothering her, like nothing in the world," said Thompson."

<modsnipped>

<modsnipped reply>

It's a pain that they have run the article as it's not a well-researched story.

The thing is that Mollie's case has attracted some nasty trolls who've been posting on her FB page on the missing posts on there, they've been posting replies to numerous news articles about Mollie being missing, <modsnipped>

No the original came from a site that is not MSM.

Last edited:
Mom of two 20-somethings here. Once my girls went off to college, they and every other girl they knew had small wallet that attached to their key ring that they kept their student ID and their DL in. Keys and both ID's all in one handy spot. Grab and go. I actually have not noticed if they are still doing this. I'll have to ask.

I just can't picture driving anywhere without the DL. I grew up in a rural area where I knew the name of every deputy and officer and I would never assume that I could get out of anything. No one I know drives around with their DL around here.

I work with college students and most of them now use a little wallet stuck on the back of their phones like this:

https://www.amazon.com/AgentWhiteUS...pID=41TpOwXl1aL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I have been thinking it is very possible this is what Mollie had.

Just a thought......if someone in authority stopped to talk to you and told you to come with them would you go?
Not unless I was under arrest.
In situations like that first ask for ID, ask what it is regarding. If an unmarked car tries to pull you over, call 911 and ask them to confirm that it is an official vehicle. In the meantime, continue driving towards the nearest police station.

Hell no.
However, I work for an attorney. So I'm not average.
:D:D:D
I'm actually not sure what I would do if they showed me a badge and said they wanted to speak to me at the station and I was to come with them. Also, if a fireman came to get me because a loved one's home was on fire. Also if I was told a loved one was going to jump off a bridge and I could maybe help them. Also if a pastor said I was needed immediately for something. Mollie is a big hearted caring person. Go for that and she just might have gone with whoever was the messenger. Just trying to think of how a person could get her to go with them willingly and who could have done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak