Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought......if someone in authority stopped to talk to you and told you to come with them would you go?

Honestly, I probably would if they either (A) appeared to be law enforcement (B) indicated it had to do with my family or children and I already knew the person.

So if I'm walking down the street and my neighbor, or the principal, or a cop, or even one of my kids' friends' parent stops me and says: "Get in! Your spouse/child/dad has been in a car accident and I'll take you there!" - I probably would. If it was a stranger, I would not. (God - I hope, I mean I certainly wouldn't NOW after being on this forum!)

I agree with you, I think that the hog farm was a secondary crime site that gave the abductor(s) a place to stabilize/bind their victim and disable her phone.
That was the case with Kathlynn Sheperd. MJK abducted her and the other victim and took them to the hog farm for purposes of SA. They second victim, who thankfully escaped, was restrained while MJK was assualting Kathlynn. When she escaped LE moved on but Kathlynn and MJK were already gone. He tossed her off a bridge after stabbing her fatally several times, then committed suicide. Again as I mentioned well upstream, I’ll never forget them searching those awful pig excrement pits for Kathlynn’s body.

Last edited:
Yeah...like someone said he was with so and so looking for a missing child and said I have a photo in my car.

They need to look back at that event. Give all LE polygraphs. But we know that would never happen.

In light of the father's statement "It's totally speculation," Rob Tibbetts told ABC News, "but I do believe that Mollie is with someone who she knows, probably someone who cares about her. But that relationship was misguided, misinterpreted and went wrong, and I think they're in a place with Mollie and don't know how to get themselves out of this horrible situation", I think this 3 hour coversation becomes relevant, if he would not have made this statement maybe not so relevant.

I am leaning toward my original theory from a few weeks back that she left willingly with someone, possibly someone who misunderstood their relationship or she was involved with and she took off with him to discuss it, possibly wanting to call it off and then it took a bad direction. Maybe he didn't mean to harm her but an accident ensued, she jumped out of car, tried to run away, etc. He may have sought the help from another to hide the body or keep her in captivity.

I base this it on review of all articles, social media, lack of help needed for searches, lack of urgency by le for public safety, etc. I think this why the father has made his statements and why the le has been so tight lipped. They needed more tips and evidence to suport this relationship to determine if it was a kidnap or not. I think the fbi wll scale back their resources soon as this relationship will be confirmed and they don't have enough evidence to support a kidnap at this time. I think the pig farm could have been where they originally went to talk or passed by and the phone was turned off, thrown out the window or maybe where she jumped out of the car?

I hope the pc doesn't get postponed and more information is provided today. More importantly, against the odds , I hope Mollie is found alive.
In other words, the 3 hour call has no significance to this case. At all.
In other words, the 3 hour call has no significance to this case. At all.

Last edited:
Scary, that highway is right outside of Brooklyn. Hoping it’s Mollie related but in a good way. The family needs closure either way.
It’s not close, maybe an hour and a half away. But the preferred route is Hwy 21, the same Hwy 21 that runs by the hog farms in Guernsey. In the other direction tho. This location is North of Brooklyn, the hog farms are south.

It's just that if someone posts a broken quote and then that post gets quoted it ends up getting really mixed up, and after a few requotes it gets worse and worse and presumably makes a lot of work for the mods to figure out what it's supposed to look like.

So I guess the best thing to do is to hit 'report' and not quote it, and just say "in reply to xxxx's post" if you do want to reply to it?

SORRY Mods then. I really think last night I may have broken a quote by mistake and then it messed it up for everyone else because the quote kept getting broke. I will pay attention next time. And again I am REALLY sorry.

SORRY Mods then. I really think last night I may have broken a quote by mistake and then it messed it up for everyone else because the quote kept getting broke. I will pay attention next time. And again I am REALLY sorry.

Don't worry, at least you know now to watch out for it in future :)

There is no way that today's presser is going to announce that Mollie is found either way. If she had been found alive, that would have announced that almost immediately. why would anyone hold back that news? If she had been found deceased, there would have been a crime scene set up with tons of LE, medical examiners, the blue tent, etc. that would have been processed for hours. With the attention on this case, there is no way that would have escaped either the public or the media. I hope no one is really getting their hopes up for that.

NJJohn, not necessarily in MY opinion. I am THINKING that they think she is somewhere near WC's property. Whether she is being held captive or much worse (I really think it is much worse). I think the reason they don't have tape up is because they don't have her body yet. But I DO think they know she is not alive. Just MY opinion on that. They just are either trying to get enough evidence, or maybe they don't really have enough and don't know who it is.

More anecdata while waiting for the PC:

Phone call: My brother regularly has 3 hour phone calls with our parents. He talks about everything he's working on and whatever causes he's interested in - politics, volunteering, research. I on the other hand max out after about 10 minutes. So I don't think it's fishy but I get why people might question it if you're not a talker yourself.

Wallet: In college I never carried my wallet. I had my student ID that let me buy things on campus and let me in the dorms. If you're not used to carrying your wallet around, you may not pick it up automatically like someone who is used to carrying it every day. When I commuted to work in a big city and had a very strict schedule, I had a routine of everything I'd take and it would have been HIGHLY irregular if I didn't take my wallet, keys, etc. These days I run my own business and don't drive every day, so sometimes I will run out and only realize when I'm out that I didn't take my wallet.

I’ll see if I can help here.

Whenever you hit reply, he quote you are referencing will appear in the text box. It is encased by an opening and closing tag, for example (have to type it out so it doesn’t code):

Open bracket QUOTE Close bracket
Hi MrBetsy
Open bracket Backslash QUOTE close bracket

If one of these tags gets deleted during the reply process, then it basically messes everything up.

(That’s my foggy precoffee explanation)

-so, in other words, if you see a post that shows one of these tags displaying openly in the message body, do not reply to it because it is “incomplete” codewise. Rather hit “report” and tell a mod “broken quote”.

Also when replying to a post, make sure the reply you are referencing has both the opening and closing tags referenced above before hitting reply.

margarita25, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members