Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you’re talking about this? 2nd Street become Historic Hwy 6 West of Jackson where it intersects with Orchard

Thanks, yes! I believe it was in video 4, you turned (R) onto HWY 6 (W. 2nd was what I thought it still was) heading toward Casey's (eventually on your left). There was a patch of trees on your left side at that intersection, I wondered if I had the correct streets & also if there was a walking/jogging trail through the trees.

I have NEVER seen a town with nobody outside. Nobody shopping, driving, playing, walking. It was like a Stephen King town. All the residents gone! I think I saw half a dozen humans on that 5 video drive.

I just took my daughter to a carnival very near where I grew up. It's like "THE EVENT" of the year. No carny's though everyone who works at the carnival is from the volunteer fire department (including rides which involves a 1950 miniature train and a lawn mower, but that's for a different day)... Anyway we arrived at 6:00-6:30pm and left at 9:00 ish and did not see a car for 5-10 miles, and this is the biggest event in that area. I think this is very common for that area. Delete if necessary but here is a picture of the parade that accompanies the carnival on the first night to give you an idea, I'm not in Iowa but my hometown is so similar it could be.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 54
Mollie Tibbetts: Watch Live at 3 p.m. as investigators give updates regarding case

"Since her disappearance, investigators have searched Brooklyn and surrounding areas, conducted dozens of interviews and run down hundreds of leads. Tracing Tibbetts’ digital footprint also has been a focal point in the investigation."

Investigators expected to give updates regarding Mollie Tibbetts case

As I looked back on the searches south of town, they didn't seem to be searching for a body. Ditches and roadsides were searched. IMHO it was for evidence. And apparently they did not find much??????

I was about to say the same thing. If you have to watch it on tv, watch HLN. CNN and Fox may break in to cover it, but they will likely pull away before it is over. HLN will cover it in its entirety.
Link please?

Nancy Grace podcast (today) - I've listened to 27:31 of 49:11 minutes, so we'll call this part 1, however, I can't promise that I'll be able to listen to the 2nd half today. Here is where you can listen: Missing Mollie Tibbetts: Speculation Grows About Iowa College Student's Fate - Crime Stories With Nancy Grace (podcast)

Note: If it's not in quotes, I have paraphrased.

Guests Leigh Egan, Joe Scott Morgan, Vincent Hill, Caryn Stark

Audio of Mollie's father is played: "Totally speculation, I think someone went to the house that Mollie knew or trusted and she left with them willingly and now they're in over their head, and they don't know what to do."

Nancy says that Mollie's dad is sharing this theory for a reason. He is not just grasping this out of thin air.

Caller#1 asks if they have taken cadaver dogs down to the pig farm. Thinks they need to be looking into JT a little further.

NG: Scent dogs were taken to the pig farm according to our sources, but don't know if they were cadaver dogs. Dogs were spotted near the farm. JSM says he thinks they've probably taken cadaver dogs there, but that would be something they don't want to release. They would want this to look like an active investigation where they are looking for someone who is still alive. NG and Vincent Hill discuss tracker dogs vs. cadaver dogs.

NG: Tells caller #1 not to feel bad about asking about the brother - everybody and nobody is a suspect.

NG: Asks Joe Scott Morgan what evidence at the scene would indicate to Mollie's father that someone she knew came in and she went willingly with them. JSM: She left everything behind, there's nothing there to indicate forced entry or a struggle.

Audio of DJ is played: (Nothing we have not heard before.)
Audio of Mollie's Mother is played (Nothing we haven't already heard.)

NG now talking about the pig farmer who took a polygraph and first stated that he didn't need to take one. CS thinks he's basking in the attention.

Caller #2 is baffled by the small town culture of people leaving their doors unlocked and wonders what they're trying to prove. "The fortitude and magnificent ability of the father to state unequivocally his feeling that she's alive and the way he is able to talk with very little information, I think his ability is as good as anyone I have ever heard who has a lost one, a loved one, in trouble."

NG: Agrees about Mollie's father and says she doesn't like his first comment; almost feels like victim blaming, gives examples, blah, blah.

Caller #2 says he's not victim blaming, that he believes it is something that could be at the root of why she disappeared. He believes that she returned to their "apartment" and she was abducted from there.

NG says there is evidence that his theory is correct - the dogs locked up in the basement, no signs of a struggle. LE: The only time the dogs were in the basement is if Mollie wasn't there. If she was there, the dogs were out. If she was sleeping, the dogs were with her. Her boyfriend said the dogs pretty much did what they wanted throughout the house unless somebody left.

NG: Back to the pig farmer and the polygraph. He says he does not know the results. First he refused the test, he was questioned 3 times, and fell under scrutiny after a red shirt similar to one of Mollie's was found near his home. LE says she had 3 shirts, 2 have been accounted for and one shirt was never found. NG talks about field trip.

Audio of Mollie's father re: the prior Sunday's phone call - wedding, going back to school, books she's reading - "the usual stuff." He talks about the FitBit - they're not sharing that information. Dogs are in perfect condition. Authorities aren't sharing information and he understands why. None of the timeline has been confirmed by authorities - at least not to their (family's) knowledge.

JSM: 3 weeks downrange now, so as time goes by "we're losing evidence, memories are fading, and also, whoever is responsible, if there is a specific person responsible for this, they're getting more and more distance away from the police and that's a scary proposition, Nancy."

Caller #3 has heard some conflicting reports as to whether there were actually pigs on the pig farm that they've gone back and forth to. Biggest fear is that her remains were fed to the pigs.

NG: Has heard of many cases where victims were fed to pigs, but have nothing to suggest that happened here. LE: According to the community, no pigs on the farm, but authorities have not confirmed or denied that. People there are saying that there haven't been pigs on that farm for "awhile."

Caller #3 says it just seems so strange that they've been over there to talk to him so many times. Authorities wouldn't waste so much time going over there if there wasn't a reason.

NG agrees, could be something simple like he's holding something back and they know he's holding something back, so they keep circling back. They may need more questions answered that he's refusing to answer, they may come up with other questions, it could be anything but it's not a good sign when the feds circle back and back to you. NG and CS discuss hunches, things you notice subconsciously, acute senstivity. CS says the fact that they keep going back to this guy, she thinks he's enjoying the media attention, but above and beyond that, they are picking up something from him or they would not waste their time.

I just took my daughter to a carnival very near where I grew up. It's like "THE EVENT" of the year. No carny's though everyone who works at the carnival is from the volunteer fire department (including rides which involves a 1950 miniature train and a lawn mower, but that's for a different day)... Anyway we arrived at 6:00-6:30pm and left at 9:00 ish and did not see a car for 5-10 miles, and this is the biggest event in that area. I think this is very common for that area. Delete if necessary but here is a picture of the parade that accompanies the carnival on the first night to give you an idea, I'm not in Iowa but my hometown is so similar it could be.

Wow, so small! You must really have to like your neighbors when living in a small town! Or not, and suffer some consequences. Thanks for sharing this, it gives a better perspective.

No PC yet? In on lunch break at court.

An abductor is not likely motivated by $ nor would he think he could collect a reward. And I doubt anyone else except the perp has any idea where she is. The only chance would be someone calling in to say that such and such weirdo has a shed or shack someplace, i.e that might be worth checking. But as long as reward is mostly focused on “safe return” it won’t help imo. Maybe they will announce new parameters for reward...
Needs to say reward for exact location. Covers every possible outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member