Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't feel the public is in danger!! What does that tell us?
blehhh idk - to me that could mean they know an acquaintance took her & this was targeted toward mollie OR it could mean they suspect a serial killer/random abduction and based on their abduction patterns would not return to the proximity of brooklyn after one abduction and is somewhere else in the country.

Stranger abduction is what makes the most sense to me right now. A crime of opportunity. Hopefully the person isn’t a loner. Hopefully someone in his realm notices something odd about him and calls it in.
They will eventually find her when someone stumbles across her remains. I just don't see searches actively looking for her in all that vegetation and fields. People have been driving through there giving us updates that city is like vacated during the day.

The PC presented with an ever-so-slight-slight-slight emphasis for people to key in on watching for changes in a 'school' mate... a possible reveal on a profiler's determined age of a perp.

1500+ tips so far, for an abduction that occurred in a small town of population ~1400. That implies multiple tips from residents and/or out-of-town tips? Out-of-state tips?

It seems LE has nothing beyond a "timeline" they believe is "good."

Last edited:
I really think more came out of this than you guys are giving credit for. I haven't been a believer in the Accidental Hit and Run theory, but:

• Asking about people with unexplained damage to their vehicle
  • Asking about people that unexpectedly cleaned their vehicle
  • Wanting more information about who was at that car wash that night
  • Being confident the public isn't in danger
Doesn't all of that point to an accidental hit and run and the person panicking and disposing of her body?
It seems to. Very much so. But it could just be due diligence.

What in the world are those locations on the map??? They’re so random and such specific areas (a car wash, a one block radius, etc). And asking people to call in tips from what they saw in those areas 5pm - 10pm. Why only that period of time? And none in the immediate area of her house?

I don’t know any of the other locations pertinent to the case (Mollie’s mom/The pig farm). Are any of them close to those areas?

I am so torn, part of me thinks they may have a POI and need more information and hope the website will jog someones memory or they do not have a clue and hoping they get a break!

The site isn't working they gave out. Nice work LE

<modsnipped unnecessary comment>

--edited--
And then again with the "trafficking" - as if that actually happens in real life. Chances are this was somebody she knew. Probably even really well and they just can't tag it on that person or those persons (yet) and don't have a body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1