Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's SORT OF a timeline on the finding Mollie page.

"Law enforcement is currently seeking additional witnesses and wants to speak to anyone who was in the areas indicated below on July 18, 2018 between the hours of 5PM and 10PM."

The email for case updates is interesting also. Bet that's not just a convenience for media ...

I really think more came out of this than you guys are giving credit for. I haven't been a believer in the Accidental Hit and Run theory, but:

• Asking about people with unexplained damage to their vehicle
  • Asking about people that unexpectedly cleaned their vehicle
  • Wanting more information about who was at that car wash that night
  • Being confident the public isn't in danger
Doesn't all of that point to an accidental hit and run and the person panicking and disposing of her body?

Yes, that's what I came away thinking as well.

Before the press conference I felt like they were closing in on someone. But now I don't think they have a clue who is responsible. LE is doing everything they can to find Mollie, but they seem to be more desperate for the community's help now more than ever before. I know they have a reason to not give their time line, but I wish we knew why?!

Ugh. The signs he asked people to notice and report should have been put out there weeks ago. Also, putting that map up was totally misleading- I definitely thought they’d talk about it and the locations...

I thought the reporters asked good questions (wonder if they read this site!). He kind of did answer one question - about the social media companies being cooperative with providing her info.

He said they feel confident in the investigation and timeline....... then how have they not been able to track her down by now?

I guess it’s a little surprising that the family didn’t speak at all, since I’m sure this PC was being very widely watched........ but imagine how stressful and difficult this is for them..... but not even a word from RT? Maybe they wanted it to be “all business” and not emotional...... but why? Just ugh...

This is crazy.... so hard to believe she hasn’t been located by now...

Live update of PC on HLN:
  • credit to Mollie
  • Defending LE
  • Thank you to community
  • May be stranger - do you recognize off behavior
  • You may be in position to recognize this change
  • Please contact us : change in normal routine; vehicle taken to repair, sold, or disposed; couldn't reach on 7/18-19; change in appearance; changes in sleep and drug/alcohol use; change in interest in media, news.
  • Please do not make your own judgment on importance - call anything in -- will respect your privacy
break in coverage....
Announced New website:

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

<mod fixed link>

That was it....

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think more came out of this than you guys are giving credit for. I haven't been a believer in the Accidental Hit and Run theory, but:

• Asking about people with unexplained damage to their vehicle
  • Asking about people that unexpectedly cleaned their vehicle
  • Wanting more information about who was at that car wash that night
  • Being confident the public isn't in danger
Doesn't all of that point to an accidental hit and run and the person panicking and disposing of her body?
After that they talked about behavioral changes, and a change in physical appearance. In my opinion, if Mollie was hit, it was to facilitate her abduction. The overwhelming majority of hit and run cases don’t involve taking the body with you. Panic sets in, and a perp doesn’t want to hang around any longer than he has to.

Want details of people and vehicles in town prior to disappearance.. asking to think about change in people that residents may know (missing work, school, etc)

This sounds like they have someone in mind IMO and need more info
They don’t.
I'm still watching?

Also. They have nothing.

ALSO! WE NEED A BETTER TIMELINE.
we can’t solve this. Unless you live within 200 miles of the community you are going to be doing a disservice by reporting anything. We are humans on our computer. Unless we have seen something first hand, sadly, as much as we would hope, our sleuthing won’t find her. They don’t know who took her and we won’t find her in the review of anyone’s FB friends. I believe that. Sorry to sound negative.

Well, anyone feel that they heard new information from that PC pertaining to MT's case? I heard LE say they "don't believe public is at risk, per se." So, to me, that continues to lend credence to the fact that MT was specifically targeted. i.e., she was taken by someone she knew in some fashion.

Totally! The HLN talking head says they don’t have a single POI.

I guess that means WC passed the lie detector test then, or at least enough not to be a POI.

I had a hamburger just before they went live, luckily I left room for the nothingsalad we were delivered in this 'news' conference.

Asked the public to notify them if anyone they know exhibited the following changes:

change in normal routine (missing school, work or routine engagements)
vehicle unexpectedly in for repairs or sold unexpectedly
unexpected cleaning of a vehicle
unexplained ability to get into contact with someone you knew
altering appearance (facial hair, hair color, or other change in appearance)
change in stress level
irritability
changes in consumption of alcohol or drugs
changes of sleep patterns
anyone paying unusual close attention to investigation
unwillingness to discuss investigation at all

BBM. LE usually asks that for hit and run cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1