Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1)Law enforcement is asking anyone in the area of the TA Truck Stop on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page
2.Law enforcement is asking anyone in the area of the D & M Car Wash on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page
3.Law enforcement is asking anyone in this area of 385th Avenue on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page

other two are blank for me

Other two are blank for me also but I’m narrowing down what they are. I have an idea on one of them. I’m verifying now.

Most victims are specifically targeted due to time/place/circumstances even when it's a random crime. It means he/they intended to grab the person for whatever reason. It doesn't mean *anyone* is at risk.

And by the age of 18, if someone doesn't know basic common sense things like to lock doors and windows, not go up to a stranger in a car, not to take rides from a stranger, say something if you see something suspicious, then they are not equipped for life. To have to be told that specifically by a LE presser or else they would never know? C'mon.

And I don't know how many times young people, especially females, but also adult women, are advised not to run alone in places where it isn't populated, and to run with a buddy if going off the beaten path. Repeated hundreds of times, every time there's a missing person who went missing when running. Yet still...the public has to be told again?

BBM I don't think that's fair. There was extensive conversation over these threads about people not locking their doors in rural communities. It's unheard of where I live but I wouldn't presume someone isn't equipped for life if they don't lock their door or go up to a car, for example to help someone asking for directions. Again - something I wouldn't do - I stay back and yell the directions.

As for women who run alone and something happens, your comment sounds to me like victim blaming.

Moooo

If you have spent any time watching documentaries on previous cases you can see the disconnect between LE and other agencies. You can also see the inexplicable narrow minded thinking patterns. So much gets overlooked, and any mistakes are covered up. Years later new folks take over and nothing changes. Cases get solved when non-LE become privy. I respect and support LE and I know individually that LE are great. It's an institutional and political issue. Sorry for being negative but this has frustrated me since I started following the KH case. All respectfully and MOO, IMHO, IMOO.

From the new find MT website.. they keep it gender neutral expect 1 time in the paragraph under the title "click to visit our tips page"... They write the word HE instead of using the word they or person. Probably an error but at this point, anything could mean something.

Quote from MT tip website: Individuals who commit violent crimes often exhibit behavior that is recognized by those with whom he lives, works, attends school, or is in an otherwise close relationship with.

Apologize if someone has already posted this but I didn’t see it. I’m having a hard time with the findingmollie website loading but finally got a couple locations to load. I’ve been able to pull up the following:
  • Area of the D&M Car Wash
  • Area of the TA Truck Stop
  • Area of 385th Ave
Can’t get the 2 other locations to load. Has anyone else been able to?

I think that LE made a huge mistake early on, by not making the public aware of the things they mentioned today. If they had come out initially, and told the public to be aware of fresh injuries, vehicle damage, behavioral changes, and a change in appearance, this would have increased the likelihood of more people calling in to report people who have exhibited these things.

Yeah asking people to remember someone taking their car for a wash a MONTH later is a bit ridiculous. I guess they can weed through everyone who reports their brother getting a car wash sometime in July but really who is going to remember specific dates or someone else's car wash a month after the fact???

SBM

Maybe they thought they had a reasonable suspect(s) only to find out later themselves they were mistaken.

This is similar to what happened with the abduction and murders of Elizabeth and Lyric in Evansdale. LE thought drowning at first because of the location of their bicycles at Meyers Lake and later suspicion focused on two of the parents.

Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins

That caught my interest. I think there's an innocent explanation (someone lurking) and a not so innocent explanation (was there an argument before MT was dropped off at DJ's house?)
Did someone follow MT and her brother from mom's house to DJ's house?

My take is they have a poi or several poi in mind and they are trying to up the heat on them. From what I got out of it (my daughter kept talking to me during it) was they seem to believe (or want us to believe) it is someone she knows and is around her age. I think they are hoping to stir the pot and get kids to start squealing about what they may know in order to exhaust the possibility that it is someone young and local. It would be smart on their part to do this. The alternative is a stranger abduction which are sometimes impossible to solve if no one saw anything.

Anyway, as frustrating as it is to still not know too much else, I did walk away with the sense they do believe it happened on the 18th and not in the morning of the 19th. That does narrow things down especially if it was a local because if the abductor is a local young person perhaps still living at home, a parent or sibling might already be aware of the fact that he came home unusually late on the night of the 18th. If your not certain of the timeline and in this particular scenario, a parent especially might give their child the benefit of the doubt that their kid was not involved if the possibility was she was taken in the morning. Like I said, it heats things up so if anyone does know something about a person acting out of character, it would make that parent or sibling start asking questions of their relative. Things get heated up, perp gets anxious, perp makes some foolish move that can lead to her being found.

I think it is being handled top notch. They are not giving info out, they are keeping it professional and not even suggesting they are ready to pull back agents off this case. That puts even more pressure on the guilty party especially if it is in fact someone young.

Alotta help that map with circles of interest is.

Two are in Brooklyn. Already known. A third is I-80 truck stop S of Brooklyn. Well yeah, there are 5000 posts her about that place. A fourth is need the HFOI (hog farm of interest). Knew about that too.

The only new point of interest is where V21 meets HWY6. This fits with a theory that someone like a perp drove south to throw out items that could be traced, then reversed his direction to go north -- which is pretty clever. A misdirection move.
Thank you. I added points on the truck stop and v21/hwy 6 intersection. No notes on the pins since I don't have any details yet.

I can’t get it out of my head the possible relation to Delphi Indiana and the girls case unsolved there.
When the girls in Indiana came up missing and later found, I attempted to make a link of commonalities between Indiana and Where Lyric and Elizabeth were abducted and taken from.
Now, I have a gut instinct driving me batty insisting this is a truck driver, who hauls or goes to farms ( can’t put my finger on exact career),
But, between Mollie, Lyric and Elizabeth, Libby and Abby and also may be included, Jake Wilson there are animal farms and or slaughter houses near and the only connection I can think of
All JMO.

Agree with the Delphi connect. Not sure about Lyric and Elizabeth, but maybe.

I think that LE made a huge mistake early on, by not making the public aware of the things they mentioned today. If they had come out initially, and told the public to be aware of fresh injuries, vehicle damage, behavioral changes, and a change in appearance, this would have increased the likelihood of more people calling in to report people who have exhibited these things.

Exactly. On the How Far Has LE Fallen Behind timeline, this is vast.

A couple of points:

1. Even though the website says 5-10pm for sightings, they still asked people to be on the lookout for odd behavior the night of 7/18 and 7/19. They may have a solid timeline of when she disappeared based on her texts and electronic data, but no idea what happened afterwards. So they are looking for the husband that was supposed to be home at 7pm for dinner but didn't come in until midnight. The college student who didn't get in until the next morning. Etc.

2. I would not read too much into the "damage to a car" comment. I don't believe they think it was a hit and run. I think they mean if they think MT was last seen/detected in place X, and her body is no where around there, someone had to move her. So someone's car may have damage from a struggle, dents, stains, etc. There is always a lot of forensic evidence in a car when it is involved in an abduction or homicide.

One cannot run to their phones and call the police, every time someone cleans their car, gets a haircut, fixes a tire, has insomnia, or changes their schedules!! These are all perfectly normal behaviors.

To be fair, that isn't what they're asking. They are asking if your neighbour washed his car at lunch time every Sunday for the last 10 years but the day after person X went missing he did it on a Wednesday in the dark for hours. That is one example.

Yeah asking people to remember someone taking their car for a wash a MONTH later is a bit ridiculous. I guess they can weed through everyone who reports their brother getting a car wash sometime in July but really who is going to remember specific dates or someone else's car wash a month after the fact???
Exactly. And to clarify, LE is talking about these things in the context of them being something out of the ordinary. If a guy with a beard and a filthy car suddenly shaved and has his car detailed, it may be something important, and worth reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member