Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly because it's an affordable destination wedding destination?
OT. My stepmother is from there.....actually royalty from there. It's a beautiful place along with poverty. My dad and stepmom go there periodically to help teach the poverty natives some skills. I'm hoping to go soon too.

Last edited:

MAGNUM PI1 Well-Known Member
New
Hte2w8 said:
Wow... I haven't been to this site in years, but this case has caught my attention like all of you.

I am an active 28 year law enforcement officer with a major municipal agency.
From the LE website, if I am interpreting this correctly, LE believed the following;
  • They are looking for a man
  • A vehicle was involved in transportation of Mollie, and possibly criminal acts besides
  • The individual they are looking for works or lives in the area
  • He has his own vehicle
  • He is fairly mainstream
  • He has a cell phone
  • She was taken after 5pm, but he was in the area by 5pm
  • By 10pm they believe he, and probably Mollie, were out of the area
  • He probably has family or close friends who would note his unavailability for a period of hours
  • The believe she is no longer alive
  • They have suspects on their radar
I'm sure none of this is new to anyone here, just thought I'd add another LE perspective.

MAGNUM PI1 Well-Known Member
I agree with your conclusions: am a retired LE officer with over 33 years of service. I have felt that they have had suspects in mind, for some time. LE has released very little info, to the public.

We gladly appreciate your personal insight, into this matter.

I hope I did this right. Thank you to both of you. You give me hope that Mollie's abductor just might be found and maybe they do have something and that could be why Mollies father is still there grinding it out day after day when a lot of us had no hope at all.

Too many people missing in Iowa.
I don't feel that this was a lone predator, who simply spotted her on the road.
I think it was targeted, planned, by more than one person; something more complex is going on.

In Just the Last Two Weeks, Dozens of Children in Iowa Have Vanished
This report is highly problematic as it makes it sound like there has suddenly been a rash of abductions going on. The numbers are right in line with historical data. The vast majority are runaways or simply missing on their own volition. They will ultimately return home.
Also, data tells us that this is very unlikely to have been committed by more than one person. It’s possible, it has happened, but unlikely just the same.

Last edited:
I agree with your conclusions: am a retired LE officer with over 33 years of service. I have felt that they have had suspects in mind, for some time. LE has released very little info, to the public.

Off topic, but thank you for your time as a LEO, not an easy path.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but, my two cents:

LE didn't display the new website's map (the one with the interact-able red circles) at the PC. They could have. They had a satellite image map propped up there, all it was missing was the red circles. They gave the website, a .gov website, mind you -- not a .org website -- meaning the website has restricted access, and allows governmental agencies to monitor its traffic.

I suspect LE is watching the website's traffic very closely, in the hopes that the perp will visit it - to see the map. The map that you can only see by clicking on a website. LE can track the IP, address, etc. of the people who visit the site.

I think LE just set a brilliant trap.
trapped a lot of us, too! Sadly, I don't remember where I was last Wednesday let alone a month ago, but I was nowhere near any of those places on the map to be of any help. (not even in the same state -Indiana) I imagine the map will send people not only clicking on those spots but driving by them also. Seems all circumstantial to me, unless they catch someone retrieving something from one of those areas.

Interesting, a case officer did a Q&A on Reddit about Mollie's disappearance. He thinks its likely she was abducted and murdered by an opportunistic violent sex offender. I hope that's not the case. Too evil to contemplate.
Well so everyone is aware of this...there are currently 50 sex offenders in Iowa right now that LE have no idea where they are. Check out the sex offender web site for Iowa. It really made me sick to learn this.

I was glad to hear LE asking the public to be aware of those whose habits may have changed since the day Mollie went missing, it was something I had wondered about here in a post on WS about a week or two ago, curious at the time why that hadn’t yet been asked of the general public (not at all blaming/criticizing LE). I’m still curious as to why they just now are asking people to consider these basic red flags. I wonder what made them do that now, not then. Might be nothing but I simply expected it earlier on in the investigation. Also found it interesting that they mentioned a car and repairs. That is aside from the general profiling I’ve heard in the past. Perhaps they’re pretty sure a car may have been damaged in the process (hit her) or needed a serious deep clean (ugh).

Well so everyone is aware of this...there are currently 50 sex offenders in Iowa right now that LE have no idea where they are. Check out the sex offender web site for Iowa. It really made me sick to learn this.
And sadly not uncommon...each state has a decent amount of sex offenders whose whereabouts are unknown, if I remember correctly. Sigh...

Absolutely correct. When my oldest daughter was a teen she had the scrawniest bf in the world. He was shorter then her and couldn't have weighed 130 lbs dripping wet. I have drilled into my girls head over the years that no matter how big and bad they think they are, the slightest of men could overpower them. DD did not belive this so I asked her bf to attempt to restrain her and told her to try to get away. She couldn't. Simple experiment that changed her thinking from that point forward. Attempting to get my youngest to understand this now but she is more stubborn and there are no scrawny guys around to prove it to her.
Haaaaa. I did the same thing with my little niece and nephew. I asked them “what would you do if a stranger grabbed you?” They responded to the effect of “I would beat them up.” I then wrapped them up and told them to escape. Hopefully they got the message.

The fair is 15 miles away in Grinnell. I could not see a reason for a carny to come to Brooklyn looking for fun and excitement, especially during the busiest time of the day for the fair- 5-10 pm. Somehow I think a strange bobtail semi tractor would also attract attention in a neighborhood where it had not been seen before.

Do truck stops have courtesy cars for drivers to run errands? Not heard of it but I'm not around truck stops much anymore.

Not uncommon. Nobody wants to rent to a sex offender, or wants them in their neighborhood. So instead they end up... somewhere. I'd rather know where they are.

Hey Magnum. I asked you earlier in a previous thread (just before it closed), but do you have any idea why LE would only now mention that a person involved in this abduction would exhibit behavioral and appearance changes (in addition to other noticeable behavior)? I have expressed frustration since the early threads in regard to them not putting this information out there. I just can’t figure out why the delay?

The fair is 15 miles away in Grinnell. I could not see a reason for a carny to come to Brooklyn looking for fun and excitement, especially during the busiest time of the day for the fair- 5-10 pm. Somehow I think a strange bobtail semi tractor would also attract attention in a neighborhood where it had not been seen before.

Do truck stops have courtesy cars for drivers to run errands? Not heard of it but I'm not around truck stops much anymore.
Ok thanks I thought the fair/carnival was in Brooklyn.

LE must have investigated every business on the map in the areas where they are interested. When did they close? Was anyone working alone? It is usually very low intelligence people who commit these kinds of crimes. The monster surprised her.

I haven't had time to read all posts since the press conference so it's entirely possible that someone has already made these points and if so I'm sorry for repeating them

The longer this goes on and the info that the police stated today and released on the website makes me think even more that this was a case of her being hit and taken while on her jog...Either intentionally or not. It reminds me so much of the Mickey Schunick case. The only difference there is that the LE quickly asked for the help and information that the LE asked for today in this press conference And it was the public noticing things "off" about the man who hit and killed Mickey that led to his capture and bringing her body home for her family I just pray that the LE asking all of this now doesn't mean that valuable details have been lost that might have brought mollie home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member