Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand where you are coming from and agree it's worth looking into. In my area through the years there is a traveling migrant population that comes north in the summer to work on farms and goes south after harvest. Many times there are groups of people that stick together in their travels. In my area most are Haitians and many do not speak the language so they do not attempt to communicate. There is a network of farms that use the same people and their only form of transportation if any at all, are bikes. So they are very limited in where they can go. I feel really bad for some of them because on some farms there is only a convenience store near them where they have extremely high prices and this is where the farm hands get the majority of their meals :(

That said the farms in the area appear to grow corn. The vast fields makes me think they must use a mechanized system to harvest. They might not have much use for many migrants. Someone local would know better though.
I'm not aware of any real migrant population. Immigrants yes, migrants no. Not needed for agriculture here, that's all big machinery.

Thank you for posting this! This is what I have thought too. She can't be in the cornfields because of all the critters that would come and the birds and the smell. It wouldn't be missed that something was amiss out there!

So many murders seem to end up with a body found in a "shallow grave". If that's the case, I wouldn't think there would be the critters and vultures, etc. Morbid, and hopefully not true in this case.

Actually I think this new map tells us a lot. Watch this video again. At 1:30 I'm driving West on Historic US 6, then I turn right onto 385th Ave. That section of 385th Ave. (one of the highlighted areas) is gravel then dirt. Yes, dirt. Mollie is not going to run down that road. Out of towners are not going to come in to town that way. And once it rains nobody is going down that road except for 4wd mud runners who will leave evidence of it. The only conceivable reason that section of road is highlighted is that somehow Mollie can be placed there. Note it's that's the quickest and easiest route from DJ's house to Grinnell when it's dry.

Go to 12:10 in the video, as I'm heading West down 2nd street you'll see that carwash on my right. What's the significance of a carwash in Brooklyn? It's right along Mollie's running route. I didn't pay any mind to it, it would be a terrible place to try to snatch somebody unnoticed at 7:30pm at night. But what if she saw someone she knows there? What if she stopped and talked, then got in the car and caught a lift back to the house? It's a straight shot to DJ's house from there. And we know we're looking at that carwash in reference to Wednesday night before it rained.

Here's a scenario, Someone at the carwash saw her and got in his car and went after her. Wonder, did they interview anyone at that carwash?

This is a good point. People are possibly giving this guy way too much credit. It takes no special ability to quickly kidnap a person off the street. He may have just gotten lucky.
Except LE is saying the general public needn't be afraid so they don't think there's a random kidnapper out there just waiting for his lucky day/time.

Too many people missing in Iowa.
I don't feel that this was a lone predator, who simply spotted her on the road.
I think it was targeted, planned, by more than one person; something more complex is going on.

<modsnipped not MSM>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that back, gravel road coming up to the bf's house seems pretty deserted. Downright spooky.

It's on one of the tapes SharonNeedles posted. That's a terrific in and out for anybody not wanting to be seen, observed, video taped.

This was my thought exactly--video #3 I believe. As a runner, it was pretty creepy to me right before coming up to the bf's house and the electric co-op. I'm not sure that was part of her route that night, though.

i agree but what if they already have a ip they are watching for and start seeing something interesting in how much they view?
Why would they need to view it more than once? I thought it was a map on the site
We need to ask SharonNeedles who is a male by the way how he came up with his username. I would bet there is a great interesting story behind it. :rolleyes:
My guess would be that we are all sharing Needle's to knit a yarn.

Except LE is saying the general public needn't be afraid so they don't think there's a random kidnapper out there just waiting for his lucky day/time.
That’s true. I’m just saying if that were to be the case, it wouldn’t be all that hard.

Wow... I haven't been to this site in years, but this case has caught my attention like all of you.

I am an active 28 year law enforcement officer with a major municipal agency.
From the LE website, if I am interpreting this correctly, LE believed the following;
  • They are looking for a man
  • A vehicle was involved in transportation of Mollie, and possibly criminal acts besides
  • The individual they are looking for works or lives in the area
  • He has his own vehicle
  • He is fairly mainstream
  • He has a cell phone
  • She was taken after 5pm, but he was in the area by 5pm
  • By 10pm they believe he, and probably Mollie, were out of the area
  • He probably has family or close friends who would note his unavailability for a period of hours
  • The believe she is no longer alive
  • They have suspects on their radar
I'm sure none of this is new to anyone here, just thought I'd add another LE perspective.

I agree with your conclusions: am a retired LE officer with over 33 years of service. I have felt that they have had suspects in mind, for some time. LE has released very little info, to the public.

We gladly appreciate your personal insight, into this matter.

Me too. I was surprised that RT did not speak. I have to imagine being professional's they have already told her parents that with this amount of time having passed the chances of finding her alive are not good at all. As much as the LE spokesperson attempted to sound upbeat and state they still believe she is alive I didn't believe he really thinks this. He is just trying to keep the investigation moving. I think, and rightly so, that if people in general think she is no longer alive they will stop looking for clues. Them focusing on behavioral patterns made me think that they are definitely in recovery of body mode. Certainly doesn't mean they do not have poi or por's. I believe they do. To solve a crime where their doesn't seem to be much physical evidence, they are left with process of elimination unless something else comes along.
I watched the PC at work and may have missed them saying they believe she is still live. I did hear him say she is still a missing person. Can anyone confirm the "alive" statement? Thanks!

Actually I think this new map tells us a lot. Watch this video again. At 1:30 I'm driving West on Historic US 6, then I turn right onto 385th Ave. That section of 385th Ave. (one of the highlighted areas) is gravel then dirt. Yes, dirt. Mollie is not going to run down that road. Out of towners are not going to come in to town that way. And once it rains nobody is going down that road except for 4wd mud runners who will leave evidence of it. The only conceivable reason that section of road is highlighted is that somehow Mollie can be placed there. Note it's that's the quickest and easiest route from DJ's house to Grinnell when it's dry.

Go to 12:10 in the video, as I'm heading West down 2nd street you'll see that carwash on my right. What's the significance of a carwash in Brooklyn? It's right along Mollie's running route. I didn't pay any mind to it, it would be a terrible place to try to snatch somebody unnoticed at 7:30pm at night. But what if she saw someone she knows there? What if she stopped and talked, then got in the car and caught a lift back to the house? It's a straight shot to DJ's house from there. And we know we're looking at that carwash in reference to Wednesday night before it rained.

And you made me think of something. What if Mollie runs by that car wash and a car pulls out after her. Interesting that car wash.

Is the gravel road you are talking about the one that runs right past or towards to by DJ's home?

Where I live so many joggers, dog walkers and casual walkers everywhere. Usually early in the morning before work when it’s cooler not so much in the evening. I’m just not used to seeing rural roads like SharonN posted and imagine a young single girl all by herself wanting to go it alone. I would probably get a treadmill. DJ is young so I guess he is cool with her jogging alone or she might do it anyway. It’s probably no different then leaving your door unlocked until it happens to you. I warn my son to shut his windows in the summer because intruders look for that knowing peeps leave windows open when it’s hot. He doesn’t listen to me he’s in his own apt so at least I try.

I surely wouldn't jog that area alone. But if you grew up there and were used to it, and it being a tight-knitted community, then she probably didn't even think twice about it.

Is there a post that recorded the PC from today? I wasn’t able to see the the first part? Could someone please post or tell me where I can view it?

She weighs only 120 pounds. An average male could quite easily overpower her, despite her fitness.
Absolutely correct. When my oldest daughter was a teen she had the scrawniest bf in the world. He was shorter then her and couldn't have weighed 130 lbs dripping wet. I have drilled into my girls head over the years that no matter how big and bad they think they are, the slightest of men could overpower them. DD did not belive this so I asked her bf to attempt to restrain her and told her to try to get away. She couldn't. Simple experiment that changed her thinking from that point forward. Attempting to get my youngest to understand this now but she is more stubborn and there are no scrawny guys around to prove it to her.

I had a stalker for 5 years. We had a slight suspicion as to who it was, but nothing concrete. They would send me harassing emails from different accounts, post awful comments on my blog, etc and that was just the digital stuff. The in person stuff was awful. (They broke into our house 3 times.) LE was finally able to figure it out when they surveyed my website (I didn't have a hosted site in the beginning, just a blog.) In a 6-month timeframe, the same IP visited my site 21,000 times. They cross-referenced that with other things that we were able to digitally track. The comments and emails weren't enough on their own, but taken altogether... Once they arrested my stalker for cyberstalking, they fingerprinted them and the prints matched the ones found in the break-ins. They weren't in the system before that.

It isn't perfect, but sometimes that info can help LE connect the dots. In my case, Amazon even helped with the digital stuff. They found out that 8 of my bad reviews on my books also came from that IP. The weird thing is that the stalker was so crazy that it wasn't just bad stuff they sent me-they would post scathing comments on my blog and then send me a sweet email under another name, commisserating with me about the nasty commenters (which was them).

That must have been very scary. I’m very sorry you had to go through this.

I think it's as simple as:

She was staying at BF's house to dogsit while he went and worked a couple hrs away. This was a crime of opportunity. She goes out for a run and is spotted by someone who saw his chance. She fit his criteria, she was alone, she was in a remote enough area, there weren't people watching at the point he determined, and he grabbed her. We know it's possible because it happens to thousands of young women, the WS threads are filled with missing females over the last decade or 2. Like all perps, he had the element of surprise on his side. She didn't know this would happen, and no matter how strong she was or how fit, she was caught unawares.

What happened after that I don't know, but it's been my belief since the first week, based on how the vast majority of missing young female runner cases go, that she has been deceased for some time now. I believe this is a sexually-motivated type crime (young attractive female in her prime).

The rest won't unfold until or unless someone comes forward and/or remains are found and/or some kind of forensic evidence is found.

Fit his criteria...sadly, I bet you are correct on all counts.
We had one young woman abducted in a Target parking lot. There was film footage of her in the store and the perp (aka scum bag) followed her in the store and out the door. He came out of nowhere, hiding on the other side of her car...they found her body using cell phone tower 'pings'. They did arrest and got a conviction of her killer. It was on I.D. "See No Evil". In fact I think it was the very first episode. Happened outside of K.C
So sad.

If there is a POI and he has gotten away with everything thus far even making MT vanish without a trace, I’m sure he already knows about it and will continue to remain in control like he already has for weeks.

He doesn’t stike me as the dumb criminal type, who robs a bank, wearing a mask, along with his work name-badge for the video camera to figure out his true identity. It’s more like this POI teaches a masters/advanced/honors class on criminology...maybe he does.

I don't think it's their first rodeo.

The person/persons they currently have in custody/awaiting trial for the abduction and murder of Tara Grinstead :

"lucky" first timers ( Took 12 years to identify them and make arrests, and that only happened b/c they talked )

or

Tara was not their first rodeo;

or

maybe not even the right people?

Well that back, gravel road coming up to the bf's house seems pretty deserted. Downright spooky.

It's on one of the tapes SharonNeedles posted. That's a terrific in and out for anybody not wanting to be seen, observed, video taped.
I had seen that one one of my google searches of the area. It is also lined with corn fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cburski2018