Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many think the website a great trap set by LE, sinisterly effective in its simplicity?

How many think the website a middling or even poorly designed empty gesture with little purpose whatsoever?
I don't think it's a trap mainly because I don't understand how it could be used as a trap unless the perp returns to the crime scene (red dots most likely) and tries to destroy evidence. Just going to the page or clicking on the map doesn't make you guilty obviously, just curious. People from this page clicked, and of course I had to click to see what they were talking about with the dots not working. The simplicity could be to conserve bandwidth. I don't think it's an empty gesture, either. Perhaps some people might feel more comfortable texting vs calling.

Mollie Tibbetts, missing Iowa student, has always relied on prayer, dad says

BROOKLYN, Iowa – Mollie Tibbetts is a woman of faith who has always turned to prayer in times of trouble, Rob Tibbetts, the missing student’s father, told Fox News.

“Mollie’s very spiritual, and so is her brother Scott and so we talked about that quite a bit,” Tibbetts told Fox News.
Mollie Tibbetts, missing Iowa student, has always relied on prayer, dad says

This was not a random spur of the moment occurrence. The general public should not be afraid per LE. It's not like LE is going to lie because this is a tourist attraction or something! They have knowledge the general public should not be afraid! This is not some lunatic running around just kidnapping people! The general should not be afraid! We should believe that and sleuth from that angle imo.

When police are looking at the possibility that Mollie was deceased a few hours after abduction with clean up stretching into the morning, they ask the public to think about this :
  • "Unexplained lack of contact or inability to get in touch with someone you know the evening of July 18th into the morning of July 19th

Can someone tell me the significance of the town, Grinnel? Was that where the initial searchers were and what type of searches were conducted there, if so. I can't remember the town where the hog farms are. And what is Grinnels relationship with the Deep River area?

Grinnell is a small college town of ~10,000, twenty miles directly to the west of Brooklyn. Mollie’s workplace is in Grinnell, at the regional health center’s daycare. Deep River has about 270 residents, and is twenty miles almost directly south of Brooklyn.

I think the perp is male and is either #1 stranger abduction or #2 someone she knows, but much stronger feel it's #1 given all we know.

I wonder if there are any mines in the area or lots of oil wells or if anyone has spent time checking abandonded homes and/or old water wells. A little girl from my local town was thrown in an old water well and I know being rural I am sure the area is full of old wells.

I have been following off and on, and didn't feel the need to post till now. Personally I thought the PC was very informative, specifically the idea of a website to submit tips.

What specifically jumps out to me... "additional witnesses".

Good luck to all involved.

They had to of found something!!!! To come to that conclusion.....

This is not a recovery operation. You need a body to do a recovery. This is a missing person search.

The recovery of Mollie will lead to a large reward.

"A large reward is being offered for information leading to the recovery of Mollie. "

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

The stranger who killed jogger Karina Vetrano was not arrested until 6 months after she was killed, and in that case her body was found within hours of her disappearance. It's often harder to solve a stranger murder than an acquaintance murder. Man Arrested in August Strangling of Jogger in Queens
This is why I’m tempted to think it was not someone she knew well. Closest maybe a family friend or college classmate. I think (or at least I’d like to think) they’d be much hotter on his trail if he and Mollie were well aquainted. Not to say there’s not infinite exceptions to this...

I think the perp is male and is either #1 stranger abduction or #2 someone she knows, but much stronger feel it's #1 given all we know.

I wonder if there are any mines in the area or lots of oil wells or if anyone has spent time checking abandonded homes and/or old water wells. A little girl from my local town was thrown in an old water well and I know being rural I am sure the area is full of old wells.
As I have been posting upthread, Marietta-Martin mine should be checked, as well as Holiday Lake area.

Amateur speculation and opinion only from my aerial mapping exercise.

Also, I am pretty sure this is a stranger serial abducter because of today’s PC but also because of the remote, sleepy town of Brooklyn, IA. I closely followed Sierah Joughrin’s case who was brutally abducted by a serial abducter in a rural area in Ohio. I think the perp MAY have grown up in Brooklyn or has become familiar with it through work or friends. He probably figured it would be the best place to commit this horrible crime because of how remote the town is.

This was not a random spur of the moment occurrence. The general public should not be afraid per LE. It's not like LE is going to lie because this is a tourist attraction or something! They have knowledge the general public should not be afraid! This is not some lunatic running around just kidnapping people! The general should not be afraid! We should believe that and sleuth from that angle imo.

In many of these (missing person) cases, LE has little to go on.

What if a profiler (who are not as accurate as one might think), said the person likely won’t strike again for at least six months?

That could lead them to this.

What if a profiler said he could be an Interstate Troller and hits different places? That could lead them to this.

Authorities view part of their job as reassuring the Public, IMO.

The Authorities in the JonBenet Ramsey case said the area is safe and they don’t think there’s any danger. They still don’t know what happened in that case.

As I have been posting upthread, Marietta-Martin mine should be checked, as well as Holiday Lake area.

Amateur speculation and opinion only from my aerial mapping exercise.
You should send that in as a tip anyway. I sent in tips today just based on speculation and analyzing the case. Remember, LE said to send in tips even if we don’t think they are important.

Now what is the plan? The case will loose all interest with the media. It will rapidly turn into a cold case, no info & MT will be no closer to home then what she is.

Is it time for the family to do there own searches? I truly am not bashing LE. I just honestly wonder what the next step would be?

As a Mother I just couldn't sit back & do nothing & I know my family couldn't / wouldn't either. The weather is to be cooling off so searches would be bearable.
Be careful, Harmony may consider this LE bashing....

Rather than mines, water wells and old buildings, why not look at old bridges, slow shallow rivers, perhaps former party, seasonal fishing or hunting spots, and secluded wildlife areas that are better known by locals?

My home in MN had a well that was there for at least 60 years. It was a capped pipe about 12 inches in diameter.

Are there other kinds of wells on property nowadays? A dug well certainly would not be sanitary.

In MN, all unused wells are supposed to be professionally capped.

I think we can all agree there is some significance/strategy behind the website. Perhaps they are just keeping up with the times and it’s as simple as the PC made it out to be - providing lots of avenues so that people with all types of communication preferences can contribute. But I’m wondering if they don’t have reason to believe that this method would somehow engage the perp, like we’ve discussed. Might this suggest they believe he’s on the younger side? Another thought I had was maybe they have specific people they’re trying to elicit tips from (teenage children of the perp comes to mind), that they think might be more inclined to provide information via the Internet. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche