Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
re: the "abroad" usage -- using "abroad" to mean more or less "outside my immediate area" was fairly common when I was growing up in the western side of the upper midwest. I don't think I've heard it since I moved to New England though.

So I'd guess it's either a regional usage or one that identifies old farts like me :D

You missed "Serial Killer".

How many are reconsidering the possibility that the same predator is responsible for Mollie and the Evansdale cousins?

SK has been in my mind for a while, mostly due to the volume of FBI agents involved. I really, truly believe that they have somebody in mind, or somebody that FBI has already been hunting down, and evidence they've found has led them to conclude it's whoever they have been looking at for other crimes.

JMO

There are other cases where they have no solid leads, but they still say, we don’t feel the Public is in danger.

A 60 yr old woman and her husband, they aren’t in danger, if you think of it that way.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. LE stated many things, one of which the general public should not feel fearful. That says a ton!

Maybe someone with more knowledge can answer this question. How often at a press conference does LE say that the public should be afraid? (Ruling out cases like the Golden State Killer, where it's obvious that there's a fast-paced serial killer hanging out in the neighborhood.)

I have done a complete 180 after this new PC.
I think:
-Stranger that has done this before/attempted before & gotten away with it as in Sierah Joughrin’s tragic case
-While jogging
-Male
-I think it’s someone who is very familiar with Brooklyn but doesn’t live there.

And I am pretty much where I was before. Somebody Mollie knows very well.

But LE said the general public needn't feel fearful.
At this time, I don’t have a lot of faith in the LE working this case.

I agree with posters saying this PC should have been held weeks ago. I found it startling that they kept using the phrases “jog your memory” at the PC, clearly changing track from the “We got this guys, we can’t reveal anything but we have active leads”. We all trusted LE had an active lead and put our faith into that. This is the most desperate PC I have listened to, with the LE pleading to everyone to come forward with tips (whether or not you think they’re important) and urging everyone to jog their memory back to those dates. I have currently lost faith in the LE there because I believe they made a grave mistake by not simply asking this same request of the public three weeks ago.

ALL THEY HAD TO SAY ~3 weeks ago: “
We are not ruling anything out. Please submit any and all information as tips even if you feel it’s not important. Please go back to the date Molly went missing and see if you noticed anything suspicious with your family, friends, neighbors, or anyone you came in contact with that day.”

SIMPLY requesting this would not have revealed anything confidential to the investigation. Yes, I am really upset with how they have handled this.

I expect to see 100’s of volunteers lined up and walking thru cornfields with LE, but I’m
Not seeing it. Are they doing that, it’s just not being covered? Do they KNOW she was taken from the area? Guh....

Have you seen those cornfields. Searching them would be like searching for a needle in a hay stack!

Anyway nobody in Brooklyn is even coming outside anymore. They are all locked and loaded!

I'm going to respectfully disagree. LE stated many things, one of which the general public should not feel fearful. That says a ton!

I agree - I actually missed the first 5 minutes or so and initially thought it wasn't a decent PC - but, then I went back and watched it from the beginning - and think it was very good and that they shared a decent amount of info, etc.

I also agree with Feralwriter - regarding the scripting, et al of the PC's (as it should be).

Maybe someone with more knowledge can answer this question. How often at a press conference does LE say that the public should be afraid? (Ruling out cases like the Golden State Killer, where it's obvious that there's a fast-paced serial killer hanging out in the neighborhood.)

When we had the serial killer operating in our area, the local police and sheriff's departments were explicit about who was in danger, what precautions they should take, and what everybody should be on the lookout for. This was not a fast-paced killer, maybe once every six months or so.

Have you seen those cornfields. Searching them would be like searching for a needle in a hay stack!

Anyway nobody in Brooklyn is even coming outside anymore. They are all locked and loaded!

It seems like they could cut dogs loose thru there. Wishful thinking ....

I think it was a male who either lives or works in Brooklyn, he took her while she was running, and he probably knew her much better than she new him. I don't think he drives truck OTR, but he may drive some sort of delivery truck.

In response to some other posts I've read recently here... when I was Mollie's age, I was 5'4", weighed 105-110#, and would not have been easy to abduct. At 14 & 16, maybe, but not at 20. Unfortunately/luckily Mollie doesn't sound like she had the same learning experiences I did, so it may have been a bit easier with her. MOO

@otto I wouldn't be surprised either way if he was, or wasn't, responsible for the girls.

More then likely has and will continue to. Sex offenders continue this behavior until they are caught and put into prison. How many times have you heard of a sex offender getting out and within a day/week/month commit another sex offense. You can't fix this. These people can not be rehabilitated.

I watched some crime show where a serial sex offender who was currently in jail was interviewed. He wasn't some big well known guy but was a repeat offender. He was coming up for parole and the person asked him if he thought he would do it again. I was absolutely shocked when he said, I think I would and probably should not be let out. I thought what a absolute monster and how stupid to say that. The more I thought about it though I had to admit to myself that he was being honest. That maybe he is very well aware of the fact he can not control those urges and feels safer remaining in prison. It made me question my own thoughts about these people in general. It is very easy to believe they are monsters that are not wired like us. But when I consider this guy I have to think that there is a part of him that obviously knows what he is doing is wrong and he actually feels bad about it, but doesn't trust himself to control his urges. Not saying the guy deserves a lot of sympathy but understanding how their mind works is important in ever finding a way to prevent such behaviors if possible. I can't recall if he had killed anyone. I don't think he did. I think the show was about violent crime and sex offenders. Rape is a violent crime in itself and murder need not be involved.
True, (last statement) but unfortunately the killing is part of the thrill, in many of these sex crime cases.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but, my two cents:

LE didn't display the new website's map (the one with the interact-able red circles) at the PC. They could have. They had a satellite image map propped up there, all it was missing was the red circles. They gave the website, a .gov website, mind you -- not a .org website -- meaning the website has restricted access, and allows governmental agencies to monitor its traffic.

I suspect LE is watching the website's traffic very closely, in the hopes that the perp will visit it - to see the map. The map that you can only see by clicking on a website. LE can track the IP, address, etc. of the people who visit the site.

I think LE just set a brilliant trap.
Yes....
Never underestimate LE. They have been silently working on this, for about three weeks.

From what I've seen, most of the time they don't say the public should be afraid because it's usually someone the person knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACEmama