Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I submitted a tip on the Finding Mollie website based on them checking for anything she may have bought/sold on Craigslist, try to check any strange purchases made that week and any unusual online orders (if they can check that), also for them to alert the public community to any strange packages someone in their houses have ordered over the last few months.

I am so worried sick over this. I was HOPING the perp could be someone MT knows so that they wouldn’t hurt her but I am devastated because after this PC, I believe the perp is now a serial abductor.

It is sad but if it was a hit and run I would be comforted knowing she isn’t suffering right now. I went on a jog today and I always think about her jogging and get the chills.
can't be. The general public should not be afraid.

I do. They are asking the public to look for & report back about certain definite suspicious indicators that can lead to a suspect. They asked today, not a month ago. We may not be privy to LE's every strategy, but LE is... We on this site might see the list items as commonsensical. But this announcement today puts what to look for in concrete terms for the general public, who simply may not know what to look for or why it's important. Had they made today's list known back in July, well, would things have turned out different? We'll never know, will we? I have respect for LE in terms of believing every move they make- and the timing of it- with media is for a specific reason, and that's to try to get Mollie back.
Wow...such blind faith in LE...

Now what is the plan? The case will loose all interest with the media. It will rapidly turn into a cold case, no info & MT will be no closer to home then what she is.

Is it time for the family to do there own searches? I truly am not bashing LE. I just honestly wonder what the next step would be?

As a Mother I just couldn't sit back & do nothing & I know my family couldn't / wouldn't either. The weather is to be cooling off so searches would be bearable.

I believe that LE is doing their best, and may be closing in on what has happened to Mollie, and who is responsible. Having said that, if I were her family, as we get to the one month anniversary of her disappearance, I might be looking at hiring a private investigator. JMO

If we hold LE accountable then the general public has nothing to be afraid of. Keep that in mind. That means they do not think this is going to happen to someone else in their jurisdiction.
That also means this was specific towards Mollie.

Seems like WS used to do polls. I would like to know after all this time the way sluethrs are leaning.
Random
An acquaintance
Stranger
Sex Offender
Somebody closer
While home
While jogging
From Brooklyn
Trucker
Male
Female
I'm sure somebody a lot better than me can come up with a better poll but I'd sure be curious to see how everybody's leaning. TIA

You missed "Serial Killer".

How many are reconsidering the possibility that the same predator is responsible for Mollie and the Evansdale cousins?

RECAP OF 8/13/18 PRESSER & REPORTER QUESTIONS:

Live update of PC on HLN:
  • credit to Mollie
  • Defending LE
  • Thank you to community
  • May be stranger - do you recognize off behavior
  • You may be in position to recognize this change
  • Please contact us : change in normal routine; vehicle taken to repair, sold, or disposed; couldn't reach on 7/18-19; change in appearance; changes in sleep and drug/alcohol use; change in interest in media, news.
  • Please do not make your own judgment on importance - call anything in -- will respect your privacy
break in coverage....

Seattle1, Today at 1:09 PMReport

Questions & Answers post PC on KGAN/CBS:
  • Search warrants and subpoenas have been honored
  • Welcome your contact, but we won't answer investigative questions!
  • Some people today are more "techie" thus the website for the digital world we live in...
  • Public not at risk per se
  • More than 1,500+ tips received and have conducted more than 500 interviews.
  • Still a "missing person" investigation
  • Confident in the timeline but will not disclose
  • Emphasis on letting LE do the vetting of [your] info
  • No capping the reward (this was a question asked)!
  • Our morale is good -- but it's not about us, it's about finding Mollie

Last edited: Today at 2:34 PM
Seattle1, Today at 1:55 PMReport

from thread #24
new website: https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

Jmo it was too late to ask for detailed info from four weeks ago. Many people probably did not pay close attention to her being missing for a couple of days...even then it can be difficult to recall one average day from another. And not asking people to search their properties is baffling. Imo they can’t know she was taken out of the area until they know where she is.

Any local could have done this...and been back before dark or not much after. From other cases, it seems within a 20 or so mile range is likely as to where she may be. The longer he has her alive in his vehicle, the more danger to himself of being pulled over, in a wreck etc...they may have spoken to the perp and he “passed” their interview.

I fail to see how people can think they have a suspect. Jmo

Seems like WS used to do polls. I would like to know after all this time the way sluethrs are leaning.
Random
An acquaintance
Stranger
Sex Offender
Somebody closer
While home
While jogging
From Brooklyn
Trucker
Male
Female
I'm sure somebody a lot better than me can come up with a better poll but I'd sure be curious to see how everybody's leaning. TIA
I have done a complete 180 after this new PC.
I think:
-Stranger that has done this before/attempted before & gotten away with it as in Sierah Joughrin’s tragic case
-While jogging
-Male
-I think it’s someone who is very familiar with Brooklyn but doesn’t live there.

Off to sleep.

I just want to say, again, that I really feel LE should have had this type of news conference weeks ago. Sadly, I think they missed their window of opportunity. Memories fade, especially when the public was being told (basically), "We've got this. We don't need your help, and we aren't going to share anything with you."

My heart is with Mollie and all those who love her.

I believe that LE is doing their best, and may be closing in on what has happened to Mollie, and who is responsible. Having said that, if I were her family, as we get to the one month anniversary of her disappearance, I might be looking at hiring a private investigator. JMO
I've wondered why they haven't unless it's just not publically stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring