Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have got minimum one at the get-go. But I'm hyper that way. I'm always a step ahead if I can help it. edit, that said, am leaving now to drive in a bad neigh for a dark sky to look at leonids, & leaving a note where i'll be on kitchen counter; saying this as maybe it's smart for women to leave little notes lying around in life........
Yes. I’m going to also install a GPS tracker type of app on my phone. If not a written note, it’s important to text friends/family where you are going, expected time of return, and leave any addresses and phone numbers of who you’ll meet with.

Speaking of 'abroad', and apologies if this was addressed but I had to skip a bunch of pages this afternoon --

... what is the status of the BJ/AH wedding in the Dominican Republic? Did it happen? It is still planned?

My thoughts on the PC...LE is watching...waiting...building their case. My theory has not changed since I posted it last. I think their locations on that map are very telling and they have something that led them to those areas, whether it be data, tips, etc. I think LE knows exactly what they are doing and they are making very calculated moves. As some on the board have said, it's almost as if the PC was for the perp, a show of sorts. That map will make the perp nervous, especially not knowing where that info is coming from. Let us hope it scares them into talking, or at least someone in their inner circle. I think that's what this PC was for...
I agree and I also find it interesting they didn’t tell us the points of interest just that we had to go to the website to see them.

I would think that the most important information would come from MT's close girl-friends. If she was seeing someone else or feeling depressed, she would tell a girl-friend. I have seen a few interviews with them, but few details or clues. If her girl-friends don't know anything, I would lean towards a random abduction, not a known person to her or the community.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. LE stated many things, one of which the general public should not feel fearful. That says a ton!

True. But that doesn't mean that girls and young women were not at risk prior to Mollie's abduction.

This abductor is not from Brooklyn, but is familiar with the town. Would he return to the scene of the crime now, with everyone reflecting on who and what they saw on July 18 at the locations identified by investigators?

Before Mollie disappeared, Brooklyn girls and young women were very likely at high risk of random stranger abduction. Perhaps, in a future July, a similar abduction might happen again, but most likely in another small town - probably not Brooklyn.

I don't think the Brooklyn public is at risk any more.

Am I the only one that's disappointed in the way LE runs the PC's?

Specifically- in relation to MSM asking questions without using a microphone so that everyone can hear the question.

If LE decides to run the PC that way - fine (although bush league) - but then the LE rep. should state/paraphrase the question (in the absence of the MSM using a microphone) so that the viewing audience is aware of the question (and doesn't have to infer the question based on the answer given).

Seems elementary to me.

Speaking of 'abroad', and apologies if this was addressed but I had to skip a bunch of pages this afternoon --

... what is the status of the BJ/AH wedding in the Dominican Republic? Did it happen? It is still planned?

It had been planned for the 2nd of August. It was canceled more than a week before that.

This was not a random spur of the moment occurrence. The general public should not be afraid per LE. It's not like LE is going to lie because this is a tourist attraction or something! They have knowledge the general public should not be afraid! This is not some lunatic running around just kidnapping people! The general should not be afraid! We should believe that and sleuth from that angle imo.

I hafta admit....a few days ago I was buying into the hype that she may be alive and that this case was very different. After today, not so much. This seems like an abduction, sex assault and kill. The perp seems to have picked the right time and place to get away with it. For now.

I think they always tell the public they are safe. If they just said “Guys, there’s a serial kidnapper on the loose.” then they know the public will PANIC and LE will get millions of panicked phone calls possibly even 911 anxiety attack calls and heart attacks.

I believe they are only saying public is safe based on statistical research and data on chances of being abducted like MT.

For LE pleading with the public to call in with any concerns or suspicious behavior on those dates or if they’ve witnessed all of these changes in behavior in someone they know, TO ME, = potential murderer on the loose.

They did not say she is still alive, in fact it appears quite the opposite is true.
It was DCI Rahn who responded to a question asked at about 20:11 on KCRG station FB page video where he says "we feel confident that it will ultimately lead to finding Mollie and so we haven't lost hope we continue to strive to bring her back home safely and so we are not frustrated we are diligent and will continue to do so.

Without him saying in those words, we think she is alive, he is inferring it. Now whether he believes she is, I doubt it very much. I think he used those words for the reason I said in the first post.

Again, they can’t tell the public they are in danger unless they know they are, right? What this tells me is either they don’t have evidence of a crime, or they do and have their suspect under surveillance. They wouldn’t say the public is safe if they know there was a violent crime and don’t know who did it, right? Just my opinion

Seems like WS used to do polls. I would like to know after all this time the way sluethrs are leaning.
Random
An acquaintance
Stranger
Sex Offender
Somebody closer
While home
While jogging
From Brooklyn
Trucker
Male
Female
I'm sure somebody a lot better than me can come up with a better poll but I'd sure be curious to see how everybody's leaning. TIA

"Death by misadventure" remains a long-shot. Elizabeth Hock, Elisa Lam, Kendrick Johnson

This was not a random spur of the moment occurrence. The general public should not be afraid per LE. It's not like LE is going to lie because this is a tourist attraction or something! They have knowledge the general public should not be afraid! This is not some lunatic running around just kidnapping people! The general should not be afraid! We should believe that and sleuth from that angle imo.

I’ll play devils advocate. LE can’t say “yes, the public should be fearful of a killer running loose.” They just can’t. So it’s a tip toe dance....

Can someone tell me the significance of the town, Grinnel? Was that where the initial searchers were and what type of searches were conducted there, if so. I can't remember the town where the hog farms are. And what is Grinnels relationship with the Deep River area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche