Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't sleuth the land owner. But the rural areas are interesting after a poster mentioned hunting and fishing as a reason to be on the dirt roads. What about game cams? Farmers love that stuff. Watching the deer population and migration during the summer months. Many farmers lease out hunting privileges to city folks. Not sure where I'm going with this, except game cams are frequently used, especially near water sources.
Land records are public. Of course, we can’t discuss owners on here but it can help us form our own educated theories that we don’t and can’t discuss on here.

In every town there is usually a big fish in the pond who owns the big store and/or lots of property or their family has been running a place for generations and they probably are more well off than the other residents and seemingly have the power in town because of this. Does Brooklyn have any family like that? I'm sure it is well known who they are if they do.
Your comment made me immediately think of Bo Dukes family in the Tara Grinstead case. Were you thinking the same?

See again that definitive language from LE....Is there a quote anywhere of him saying this?

It suggests to me they have a very likely suspect but their 'status'* is such it will require smoking gun-levels of proof to lead to arrest.

* What I mean by 'status' could be a person that is highly criminally intelligent and/or in a highly respected position or similar.
He says something along those lines in this most recent interview. Towards the beginning of the interview I believe.
Tibbetts family thinks search is narrowing for Mollie

Tonight, I am going to be researching the following cases (let me know if you have any suggestions):

Abby & Libby
Evansville, IA case
Morgan Harrington
Sierah Joughin

I am going to look at:
POI
City/State
Victim Age
Abduction Location
Recovery Location
Arresting Evidence

Do you or anyone else have any suggestions on what else might be helpful to look at?
Date of abduction & date of recovery

@MAGNUM PI1 said:
I did not view the PC, yesterday. Someone who did, posted that family wore dark glasses. Highly unusual activity, apparently? If this did occur, one would wonder about this change. Did LE brief the family, before the PC, and inform them of the latest developments? MT'S father has been so positive, upbeat...about MT still being alive. Perhaps, the latest LE update, deflated that?
Like I stated, I didn't view the PC.
Does anyone who viewed it, have any ideas about this topic?
I only bring it up, because there has been so much discussion, about the word "recovery", now being utilized.
I’m sure they are being given vague details, but it’s tough to say for sure if there has been a pivot here towards foul play. It does seem that they are easing the family and public in that direction, and that website did use the word “recovery” (ominous) and used words to the effect of “potential foul play.” Their words at the press conference were more of the same however, and they have characterized Mollie’s disappearance as just that, as they have in the past.
So basically the words said at the press conference, didn’t jibe with the language used on that website. Whether this is relevant or not, I’m not sure. Although I think most of us have assumed foul play from the beginning, and thus, an unhappy ending at some point.
I watched PC live on HLN, and questions by reporters post PC on different network, and never once saw the family on camera. They were not behind podium as in previous pressers. Depending on where they were standing, it's still quite bright at 3pm CST.

Last edited:
Just going to throw this out there. Not sure if someone has mentioned it or not. I know a while back in one of the threads someone mentioned that Wednesday is a church night. I also thought remembered that Mollie is religious and does a lot of praying. Not sure on if she goes to church or what church. I am thinking if she is religious she might have went to churches in the area before (even if just one time). I noticed there is a church over on Clay street called Grace United Methodist Church. I wonder if someone from that church told her there was an emergency or something at the church and used that to take advantage of her. The Snapchat COULD have been taken somewhere inside of the church. I would think church services would start around 6PM or 7PM. They would have already have ended by the time the suspected Snapchat was taken. I know Mollie went missing on a Wednesday. And from what I remembered seeing is that Clay street might be near her jogging route. Just a thought I had. There's also a Presbyterian church near there. Could be someone traveling that delivers supplies to the churches or something that Mollie knows (not real well). If they delivered supplies they could be familiar with the area too. Maybe someone working temporarily at the church. I don't know. I don't go to church so I don't know what type of jobs would be listed at a church. Just all speculation.
Mollie is Catholic. Having been raised a Catholic myself, we don't "do" Wed night services. The Wed night services are a Protestant or Non denominational thing.

I wondered about Summer as well. Wonder if serial killers change up the season they kill or if that is part of the mo? Delphi murders occurred in February.

It depends on the killer and why s/he is doing it. Some are triggered by circumstances, some by an appearance (looks like girl who dumped him, for instance), etc. There are quite a few who prey on prostitutes who view their murders as morally justifiable because they feel like they're removing an undesirable element. There are nurses who kill patients because they can't stand to see them suffer.

So I don't think you can generalize without more information.

FoxNews link
If the perp drove with MT to a secluded tract of farmland accessible only by dirt roads. Then it follows the perp would first want to hit the car wash to wash the dust off the exterior & vacumn/wash the interior of his vehicle for any hair/fluids or any evidence of a crime.

Is it possible that the car wash vacuum containers were sent for lab analysis and the FBI found evidence of MT's hair (for example)inside the vacuum collection container? Perhaps that is why the car wash is now one of the focal points of interest?

Just My Opinion

See again that definitive language from LE....Is there a quote anywhere of him saying this?

It suggests to me they have a very likely suspect but their 'status'* is such it will require smoking gun-levels of proof to lead to arrest.

* What I mean by 'status' could be a person that is highly criminally intelligent and/or in a highly respected position or similar.

Tibbetts family thinks search is narrowing for Mollie

I’ve been feeling conflicted since the PC. I am saddened and now have doubts related to her return safely to her family, even though the investigator said those words = getting Mollie back, finding Mollie, returning Mollie, and once returning Mollie safely. I have definitely shifted. I agree with MassGuy; “pivoting to foul play... and easing the family and public in that direction.”

I agree. I think it's a place where the camera captured her running by and so LE wants eyes on the ground, so to speak, to try to jar their memories of that evening and washing a vehicle or being in the general vicinity.

If they have her on video jogging that evening, why does the FBI missing page state the color of her clothing is unknown?

MOLLIE CECELIA TIBBETTS

I’m sure they are being given vague details, but it’s tough to say for sure if there has been a pivot here towards foul play. It does seem that they are easing the family and public in that direction, and that website did use the word “recovery” (ominous) and used words to the effect of “potential foul play.” Their words at the press conference were more of the same however, and they have characterized Mollie’s disappearance as just that, as they have in the past.
So basically the words said at the press conference, didn’t jibe with the language used on that website. Whether this is relevant or not, I’m not sure. Although I think most of us have assumed foul play from the beginning, and thus, an unhappy ending at some point.
I agree 100 percent. Also just an observation I had, from what I noticed, the family looked especially disheartened. At the very end, I thought Mollies mom was struggling to conceal her emotions, as if reality may be sinking in.

Like, someone thought she was Jeanine Garofalo and thought this was their minute to get her for her ranting? I mean she's pretty sarcastic, but I don't think she's pissed anyone off that much.

My point is was MT the actual target or was it supposed to be someone else, not that it was JG. I'm sure in UI there must be one or more look-a-likes, and this *highly unlikely* scenario would fit with RT's contention that MT is with someone who does not know how to get themselves out of the situation.

Just being complete... as any sleuther should.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member