Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think things like this are very useful. I know back on the McStay case I ended up doing something similar. Those threads were a free for all and everyone under the sun was accused of being involved and I wanted to try to bring some focus to it. I gathered every case I could find where someone intentionally killed an entire family. And as I recall, I was able to sort those into four distinct categories. Three didn't seem to fit the known facts of the McStay case, and that left one possibility: I'd found a very small number of cases where business associates who felt they'd been double crossed had taken out their revenge in this way.

I had been completely on the fence about who did it before that, but I decided that I'd focus more on the business associate angle after that, and that's who police eventually arrested.

Tonight, I am going to be researching the following cases (let me know if you have any suggestions):

Abby & Libby
Evansville, IA case
Morgan Harrington
Sierah Joughin

I am going to look at:
POI
City/State
Victim Age
Abduction Location
Recovery Location
Arresting Evidence

Do you or anyone else have any suggestions on what else might be helpful to look at?

Just checking in and trying to catch up. Can someone kindly please give me any updates?? So appreciate it.
Press conference yesterday. Police didn’t give much new information but warned the public to report suspicious behavior in the hours and days following Mollie’s disappearance.
A tip page has been set up, with several points of interest.
CrimeStoppers reward continues to grow.
That’s about it.

I have a question... people keep saying they're thinking outside the box, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what's IN the box with this case; any ideas?

I also wanted to say that, while I don't have any idea who I think did what at the moment, I get the feeling that a lot of people (not necessarily here) think one of her co-workers is responsible for her disappearance. In some ways it would make sense; he'd probably get off work about the same time, might know her habits fairly well through months of chatting, could feel more of a connection than she does and/or a different kind of connection, may have given her a ride to or from work at some point, know DJ and company were out of town, etc. In spite of all of that, I just don't feel like it's someone that people are likely to suspect. MOO

I wish the family would speak soon. Their not speaking speaks volumes imo.

I did not view the PC, yesterday. Someone who did, posted that family wore dark glasses. Highly unusual activity, apparently? If this did occur, one would wonder about this change. Did LE brief the family, before the PC, and inform them of the latest developments? MT'S father has been so positive, upbeat...about MT still being alive. Perhaps, the latest LE update, deflated that?
Like I stated, I didn't view the PC.
Does anyone who viewed it, have any ideas about this topic?
I only bring it up, because there has been so much discussion, about the word "recovery", now being utilized.

What's been nagging at me is the fact that they are questioning 5 pm - 10 pm. What's peculiar is that generally it doesn't get dark around here until 9:30-9:45 usually. (I'm less than 3 hours from Brooklyn) So how in the world is someone going to nab someone in daylight? I'm just so confused as each day passes.
It is not to imply she was abducted during daylight, but rather if any suspicious vehicles or people were noticed, or anything strange at all, honestly, that could be related to the case.

Same person owns majority.

Regarding the two map points on dirt roads. . . I hope the owners of those parcels are prepared for the inevitable onslaught of excited Real-Life Sleuths who might descend on/around their property as part of their $400,000 Treasure Hunt. :eek:

And, the owners/employees of the other mapped locations are prepared, as well.:(

I noticed that Iowa80 “the world’s largest truck stop” in Walcott, IA is 1.5 hr drive from Brooklyn, IA by I-80.
They have their annual Truckers Jamboree from July 12 until night of July 14, with bands/concerts, contests, etc. If someone stayed there at least the last night of the jamboree, that would mean spending the night in Walcott on 14th and leaving at earliest on the 15th. It’s a long shot. But it’s worth noting that there are a lot of truckers taking I-80 everyday, but maybe more than usual the weekend and the days prior to Mollie’s disappearance on July 18.
Did anyone near Brooklyn notice an increase in traffic that week? Can also mean more potential witnesses.

Truckers Jamboree next week at Iowa 80 Truck Stop

Last edited:
I did not view the PC, yesterday. Someone who did, posted that family wore dark glasses. Highly unusual activity, apparently? If this did occur, one would wonder about this change. Did LE brief the family, before the PC, and inform them of the latest developments? MT'S father has been so positive, upbeat...about MT still being alive. Perhaps, the latest LE update, deflated that?
Like I stated, I didn't view the PC.
Does anyone who viewed it, have any ideas about this topic?
I only bring it up, because there has been so much discussion, about the word "recovery", now being utilized.
I’m sure they are being given vague details, but it’s tough to say for sure if there has been a pivot here towards foul play. It does seem that they are easing the family and public in that direction, and that website did use the word “recovery” (ominous) and used words to the effect of “potential foul play.” Their words at the press conference were more of the same however, and they have characterized Mollie’s disappearance as just that, as they have in the past.
So basically the words said at the press conference, didn’t jibe with the language used on that website. Whether this is relevant or not, I’m not sure. Although I think most of us have assumed foul play from the beginning, and thus, an unhappy ending at some point.

And her Dad says that LE told them this would be a long process.

See again that definitive language from LE....Is there a quote anywhere of him saying this?

It suggests to me they have a very likely suspect but their 'status'* is such it will require smoking gun-levels of proof to lead to arrest.

* What I mean by 'status' could be a person that is highly criminally intelligent and/or in a highly respected position or similar.

Same person owns majority.

We can't sleuth the land owner. But the rural areas are interesting after a poster mentioned hunting and fishing as a reason to be on the dirt roads. What about game cams? Farmers love that stuff. Watching the deer population and migration during the summer months. Many farmers lease out hunting privileges to city folks. Not sure where I'm going with this, except game cams are frequently used, especially near water sources.

Does anyone have screenshot or link to map with 'red dots'/
places of interest in finding MT?? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo