Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Otto's post No. 607 on Thread #25: "If it is the same predator, then in addition to planting evidence that misleads investigators, this predator will choose a similar location for the body, like the Seven Bridges Park. He will know old bridges, slow shallow river, former recreation/party, seasonal hunting spots, and secluded wildlife area known by locals.

"Even the Delphi girls fit that pattern."

So, with Mollie we have evidence leading straight to a man with a criminal history, who is questioned at least 5 times.

If this is the pattern, then doesn't it mean that anyone who prepares that thoroughly will do the same in choosing a victim? That would rule out random . . . wouldn't it?

Church, school, Casey's, a bar or restaurant, a movie theater; those are the kinds of places people congregate at in small town Iowa. Church and school athletics will be the biggest and most consistant draws for all ages.

Disagree. $300,000 is a lot of money in these parts, if someone was going to come forward specifically for the reward it would have happened by now.
Absolutely - the median average income for a Brooklyn resident is $21K/year. Median household income is less than $50K. I have to think that $300K+ would get someone's attention.

Not to sound rude but who the hell would think an 88-year-old man would abduct someone or anything like that? They want us to look for people that have completely gone to the other end of the spectrum not the elderly

I wouldn't rule anybody out because of age. There are plenty of elderly perverts and murderers out there.

Does Brooklyn, IA have a popular hotspot entertainment venue? I know a Wednesday would not be a typical 'night out' evening but were there any shows, plays, concerts in the area that evening? Local or from-out-of-town attendees might have seen something.

I think Taylor Swift played at the high school field that night and Van Halen played at the Front Street Tap.

On somebody's Ipod and the jukebox, respectively.

From Otto's post No. 607 on Thread #25: "If it is the same predator, then in addition to planting evidence that misleads investigators, this predator will choose a similar location for the body, like the Seven Bridges Park. He will know old bridges, slow shallow river, former recreation/party, seasonal hunting spots, and secluded wildlife area known by locals.

"Even the Delphi girls fit that pattern."

So, with Mollie we have evidence leading straight to a man with a criminal history, who is questioned at least 5 times.

If this is the pattern, then doesn't it mean that anyone who prepares that thoroughly will do the same in choosing a victim? That would rule out random . . . wouldn't it?

I'm not sure what you mean. Police searching farms and acreages near Guernsey, where one man has some criminal history, is a pattern with what, or in what sense?

Church, school, Casey's, a bar or restaurant, a movie theater; those are the kinds of places people congregate at in small town Iowa. Church and school athletics will be the biggest and most consistant draws for all ages.

Our late great great Foxfire emphasized any predator who would do something like this would have a moment in time of feeling weakness that they'd reprise, that would be at the crux of their actions, their process and the crime would be a moment of elation. Inevitably, similar circumstance would catch their eye, a high school, a creek, a donut, who knows?

Reflecting on that, I wondered if the space around the high school on the edges of town, around Mollies house, may have been the initial draw, then Mollie ending her jog on the other edge of town. Less exposure within town.

This perp could be someone who started acting out in high school or college but odd from before, not from Brooklyn necessarily. Had some reason to pass through over time and more recently.

But then why in Summer? Fewer eyes in the evening maybe? More time? Better access to where Mollie was taken indoor/outdoor?

Last edited:
@cody22 said:
It could be known to LE if they have a strong suspect. I have no idea how Radar got that info, even if it is true.
The Radar story said that the source was their "mole", and they do pay for stories. So, a paid informant (LE at some level, or an acquaintance) or a liar. Your call, or flip a coin!
In searching for and listening to podcasts about this case, I was surprised to see R-O-L had podcasts-- but more surprised that one featured Mollie's immediate family. Not approved MSM...

Wait ! Didn't LE request that anyone with insomnia should be reported to the authorities, if they also decide to cut their hair and wash their cars?
In other words, let's criminalize normal behavior.
They are looking for someone who may have done that at a certain time. Not criminalizing all people who cut their hair and wash their cars. What if they had an idea of what they were wearing or driving. same sort of thing.

As a person who grew up in a town of barely 2,000, I am waiting on the replies.....

The barmaid at the local Tap was reported (in MSM) as having said that it was a quiet evening (except for the hardware store across the street being vandalised, so somebody was out and about). As I have pointed out before, some folks like to go to Church on Wednesday night. But, for myself, there ain't nothing to beat a bug zapper and a six pack on a hot summer night!

Does Brooklyn, IA have a popular hotspot entertainment venue? I know a Wednesday would not be a typical 'night out' evening but were there any shows, plays, concerts in the area that evening? Local or from-out-of-town attendees might have seen something.

Okay, more seriously, what about fraternal or other organizations, Moose, Shriners, Masons, Lions Club, Odd Fellows, Grange..... My hometown of a thousand had a Grange

after watching the videos of the town, if it is always that quiet, MT would have been noticed by many people each night. I wonder how well known it was that her bf and/or bf's brother worked out of town often/sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo