Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@otto -- do you agree that this is a crime of opportunity? In Thread No. 25 you mentioned another case, perhaps Delphi, in which the perp left "clues" to misguide LE. Aren't we perhaps seeing the same thing here? Did the perp do enough research that he led LE straight to a man with a criminal record for the same thing, thereby wasting precious time? Would that kind of preparation also indicate he stalks his victims, knows exactly who the next will be? Is this possible?

Absolutely a crime of opportunity. I mentioned the Evansdale cousins abduction and murder, where the abductor left the girls' bikes, cell phone and purse at a secluded location next to Meyers Lake. Police spent a lot of time looking around the lake for the girls. Months later, the girls were found by chance 20 miles North of Evansdale. The abductor left evidence that misled police.

In this case, we see police spending a lot of time looking in the Guernsey area, but I doubt that Mollie is in that location. At the same time, we know that a "ping" of some sort led them to that area. That could well be a similar evidence trail intended to milead police.

Regarding one farmer in the Guernsey area, when social media learned about the Guernsey area searches, they zeroed in on one person who had a run-ins with police. Everyone else in the area who owns land and farms that were searched has been ignored. I think it's a coincidence that police are searching an area where one person has some legal issues.

Attachments

• Mollie Radius 2.jpg
    Mollie Radius 2.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 31
Catching up from the PC yesterday and some random thoughts.
Are some of the places of interest, such as the car wash, near locations perhaps where MT's Fitbit or phone show as being stagnant for a period of time during her jog, with no movement, perhaps talking to someone, b4 she continues on her path ? Did somebody learn of her being alone? Also, any chance the brother stopped with the car to get it washed b4 dropping her home at 5:30pm?

The truckstop and Casey's location to me on the other hand, I'm thinking those are places of interest just as one of the few places someone would randomly stop late for gas, cigarettes, etc, in or on the way out of town, with their behavior causing suspicion. Why a month later asking for those locations? Perhaps someone not local to the area and happened to be passing thru is spurred to call in something odd they saw.

Along the lines of a stranger abduction, local motels/hotels in the surrounding area should be checked for any late night check-ins without a reservation, by a lone person, and then left in the morning.

I can understand protecting the integrity of the investigation, but I would hope at some point, if this continues longer, LE at least shares she sent the snapchat at x pm, was or was not back in the home at x pm, and the phone/fitbit stopped transmitting at x pm, something along those lines. I'm going to assume by 10pm, her digital footprint was lost.

Does Brooklyn, IA have a popular hotspot entertainment venue? I know a Wednesday would not be a typical 'night out' evening but were there any shows, plays, concerts in the area that evening? Local or from-out-of-town attendees might have seen something.

Speaking of memorials how come the town has not had something for Mollie? Don't most towns come together a vigil!

over 20 years ago two left hands were found on my rd and that was it. nothing more and as far as I know still unknown who the hands belonged to. I hate walking in woods, fishing, all I can think about is with so many people missing how are there not remains being found just all the time all over the place.
:eek:

Does Brooklyn, IA have a popular hotspot entertainment venue? I know a Wednesday would not be a typical 'night out' evening but were there any shows, plays, concerts in the area that evening? Local or from-out-of-town attendees might have seen something.

As a person who grew up in a town of barely 2,000, I am waiting on the replies.....

Since my last post I’ve learned that there are quite a few small town folks like myself so I’m wondering everyone’s take on something... Ever since sharonnneedles posted his videos of the drive through I’ve been wondering about signage or lack thereof. It was obvious that there were some yard signs and in the business district a few large banners of the missing posters but knowing it’s a small, tighknit town led me to believe that the physical appearance of the town would’ve been much different at this point. I expected large sized banners COVERING the town with fliers and yard signs as deep as the eye could see and a very large community presence in terms of searches etc. I just didn’t see that (even though there is undeniably a lot of support from the town)so I’ve been wondering if that is indicative of a culture where some are of the mindset of “minding your own business” or just simply due to the town being more concerned with covering the surrounding areas? I know that this isn’t uncovering leads or anything of the sort, it’s just something that has been gnawing at me since the videos were posted. Just wondering your take on it or if I’m the only one who felt that way.
I would expect yellow ribbons around trees rather than signage.

Yeah, in a moment when he let his guard down. Good catch, photographer. ;o)

Here is another case where a suspect had attended a vigil of the person he is accused of abducting. It makes you wonder if there was any real truth to the Radar article or were they just going off of statistics where it does happen.

"federal prosecutors said Christensen attended a campus vigil in Zhang's honor"

Grand jury indicts former U. of I. physics student in Chinese scholar's kidnapping

It could be as simple as the perp's parents live in Brooklyn and were on vacation. Perp had their house keys to water plants, collect their mail, etc. while they were gone.

Good point. And if this house was outside of town there would be few folks to take note of him as long as he wasn't in the town.

<modsnipped quote>
A 72 year old with insomnia is not indicative of a crime. LE specifically mentioned changes of behavior, habits, appearance, etc. I do not believe this case is growing cold, not even close. And they have far more than a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member