Status
Not open for further replies.
For those wanting the map placements from Mollie's new website:
  • D&M Car Wash at Clay and East Second streets in downtown Brooklyn
  • TA Truck Stop at 4124 V18 Road, about 2.5 miles south of downtown
  • 385th Avenue by Historic U.S. 6, about one mile west of downtown
  • 385th Avenue and 200th Street, more than three miles northeast of downtown
  • 430th Avenue and 200th Street, more than six miles southeast of downtown
Oh, and then there's this part which tickled me a bit as in a "nothing to see here" moment, Rahn comments on the map with five defined and says:

"Asked about the importance of the locations, Rick Rahn, a special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, responded Monday in part: "No specific reasons for those certain areas, but we are hoping people look at the map and be able to jog their memory."

Iowa investigators searching for Mollie Tibbetts ask anyone in these 5 areas the night she vanished to contact them

They gave the missing points!

• D&M Car Wash at Clay and East Second streets in downtown Brooklyn
  • TA Truck Stop at 4124 V18 Road, about 2.5 miles south of downtown
  • 385th Avenue by Historic U.S. 6, about one mile west of downtown
  • 385th Avenue and 200th Street, more than three miles northeast of downtown
  • 430th Avenue and 200th Street, more than six miles southeast of downtown
I don't understand the truck stop. A trucker isn't going to have a car or SUV, and he certainly isn't going to abduct someone and take them to a truck stop. Lots of truckers at a truck stop, too. Nearly 4 weeks - who's going to remember, and what is to remember?

I really hope LE has a POI they’re not releasing otherwise this case is gonna go cold. To be clear, I don’t want to speculate about anyone.
My honest opinion, I’m thinking at the moment they do not have a POI. Otherwise they would not be asking people who might have gotten a hair cut lately.

ETA: But maybe they consider WC as a viable option but just aren’t sure.

Last edited:
Reminds me of precious little Malik Drummind’s Case. Not that they said this here, but LE in his case said (paraphrasing) “no way Malik is anywhere in this town-we’ve searched every square inch”...the Mayor I think it was iirc even went on to say that they searched the area so thoroughly that “every stray cat had been found”.

They were right. Little Malik was 40/50 miles away, iirc? Ugh by that awful shed. (Dad killed him)

So, I think it’s possble they think she is not in the area. They said they’ve searched “barns, sheds, farms...”.

Of course we’ve seen remains been missed on searches (Gabby? Oh gosh, trying to remember her name, not Gabby Doolan, Gabriella...?)

Last edited:
I don't understand the truck stop. A trucker isn't going to have a car or SUV, and he certainly isn't going to abduct someone and take them to a truck stop. Lots of truckers at a truck stop, too. Nearly 4 weeks - who's going to remember, and
what is to remember?

Maybe a ping out there?

I don't understand the truck stop. A trucker isn't going to have a car or SUV, and he certainly isn't going to abduct someone and take them to a truck stop. Lots of truckers at a truck stop, too. Nearly 4 weeks - who's going to remember, and what is to remember?

These types of truck stops aren't just for truckers, they're for all travelers or locals who want to gas up and maybe grab a bite to eat. There is usually an area marked specifically for truckers and another for cars/vans/rvs etc. They probably asked hoping someone will come forward saying they saw someone acting suspicious, or whatnot. Maybe someone they know, maybe a stranger acting out of the ordinary.

Thanks for this link! It's a relief LE is 'going public' with requests on specific locations around Brooklyn where they are asking people to contact them if they saw anything, and tips, reward, outreach are increasing in an ongoing groundswell of support in Finding Mollie! It's been a long month since she went missing. I hope she is being held captive nearby and is alive, and the continued focus on finding her will see LE "turning the corner" soon on her return to her family.

People with regular cars use truck stops, cameras are at truck stops, lots of people moving through.

I posted these MSM quote earlier. Hope it's helpful.
From the AP, originally from an interview with Fox news early on and requoted endlessly, everywhere:

“It’s been a whirlwind,” one of her brothers, Jake Tibbetts, told the station. “We’ve gone from sad, to worried, to just anxious and clueless. Up at five in the morning looking for her in every field, every ditch, every creek.”

Way back on the 21st of July, in the Des Moines Register the sheriff said:

"Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel "is confident that every home in Brooklyn has been visited. Every farm building, barn and shed in the area has been searched," Heaston wrote."

on the 27th of July, ABC news showed him saying:

"Crews have searched every road, every ditch and every body of water near town", the sheriff said.
On Friday authorities also conducted a large ground search of the areas around Brooklyn -- and at least 250 people came out to help.
In addition, a helicopter and a plane flew over the area, he said, and kayakers searched miles along the small rivers on both sides of town."

If I lived in the area, I would take an afternoon to walk in this area. The bridge is being repaired, but it seems like a secluded enough place to hide a body.

McIntyre Bridge (McDowell Bridge (Incorrect Name) / Skunk River Bridge) - HistoricBridges.org

employees might remember who they seen that was local.

I bet you are a blast at parties! Giving you a like for not mincing words.

I’d have to agree. Although legal I do question le keeping every bit of info to themselves. I think they missed a huge window of opportunity not posting yesterday’s places of interest weeks ago.

Statistically the longer the times, the less likely for a happy outcome.

And I’d be glad to be incorrect.

How do scavenging birds locate carcasses? If it's by sight, then they might not see a body in a thickly growing corn field.
The odor would be strong but only for a certain distance. Outside a given radius, the odor might not be powerful enough to overcome that of manure, pesticides, hogs. etc.
Is it safe to assume that there would still be a strong odor from a very shallow grave? How deep would a body have to be buried for the odor to be undetectable above ground?
I've heard that some can smell a carcass/corpse from as much as a mile away. Unlike most birds, their sense of smell is very good. MOO

I really hope LE has a POI they’re not releasing otherwise this case is gonna go cold. To be clear, I don’t want to speculate about anyone.
Others have said that as well, but I just don't see it. Could someone here with some LE background detail the circumstances that would qualify a case going cold? I would really love to know. Then maybe we won't have to speculate.

Valid points, just my own observation. I've been wrong before and will be again I'm sure.

I am pretty sure that every person in the entire county has looked through every inch of their own property because either:
a. they are worried someone might be lurking.
b. they are worried something might be found on their property.
c. they are getting ready to harvest and don't want any "surprises".
d. it's been almost a month, where in someone's house or garage would people in this situation not have checked?

LE has made it clear everything local has been searched repeatedly. Nothing has been found except what is on the list. Which is next to nothing.

Could be an RV, towing a car behind it.

Thanks for the update. As more LE departments utilize online tip submissions, I think there's an opening for a non-profit organization that can train (and screen) volunteers to help LE with some of this work when it comes up.
Which one was it that received 1500 tips? Is that something different?

The last known location of Mollie was on W. Pershing Dr., so I think that would be the most significant location. Three locations seem related to travel corridors in and out of Brooklyn. The fifth location (lower right) is probably related to a digital signature.
So you're thinking her sighting on West Pershing would have been after she was seen on East 2nd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29