Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows what type of vehicle that LE might be looking to locate. And with the amount of time that’s passed the general public has well likely forgotten. I observed an accident with a semi and a car in the middle of a 5 lane street with very little traffic about a week ago. I can’t recall the color of the vehicles today.
I agree. At this point they may be looking for a specific tip about something very...specific. Not just someone standing in line at Dunkin Donuts, and sees someone they think might be a weirdo. Because that probably happens a lot.

I'm sure they have considered all the possibilities, and I'm also sure their nights are long and those thoughts are torturous. But, im also sure that having their daughter returned to them is all they are hoping for. The love for a child is truly limitless, and whatever obstacles that could possibly be put in their path would be overcome by that love. And time...
I honestly pray for their family, and that they get the chance to have MT home safely to heal.
And I would add that whatever she has gone through, she could still come out on top. Look at elizabeth smart and jacee dugard. They have made good lives for themselves. I suspect her family will be able to access whatever resources they need to help and support her. We just have to get her home!

Yes I know. Just said that to get a point across, that they are asking for the public’s help in helping to locate/identify a suspect. Believe me I know all about that profile, unfortunately from personal experience with Jessica R.
Sorry, I didn't mean to quote yours specifically, It was just the last one In the thread.

I saw one statistic on Hannah Graham in Virginia relating to tips. Roughly 50% are not useful (theories, questions of investigators as to who did it, etc.), 25% were researchable (someone looks like a sketch, someone acting strange a certain time period, someone creepy that they wouldn't be shocked if they did it, etc.), 15% were a mixture of the above and about 5% was actionable credible and made some sense in the case.

I remember the gentleman who had called in the tip about seeing buzzards (or turkey vultures as noted on thread) over a property, as he drove back and forth to work. He didn't go onto the property to check as it was private, called Tear Drop Hill or something by the owner. He called in the tip, but it took some time to get to it. The property was for sale and vacant. Though the search was massive by area residents, that place wasn't searched. A predators knows where people are least likely to look it seems. They seem to calculate places and timing like second nature.

Last edited:
Looking at the eastern most red dots, both are connected by road v21 that looks like an off-the-grid gravel hunting road. I would think to travel this road you would want a pick-up.
So what if instead of a clean-up, go hunting the next day and field dress on top of any evidence. What's in season this time of year in Iowa?
We all drove and still do drive gravel roads. Many states have just been through a recession and had to prioritize new blacktop vs existing road maintenance. Gravel stayed gravel. And most likely they are generally much less traveled.

I am pretty sure that every person in the entire county has looked through every inch of their own property because either:
a. they are worried someone might be lurking.
b. they are worried something might be found on their property.
c. they are getting ready to harvest and don't want any "surprises".
d. it's been almost a month, where in someone's house or garage would people in this situation not have checked?

LE has made it clear everything local has been searched repeatedly. Nothing has been found except what is on the list. Which is next to nothing.
Good points. LE must have a reason for recent focus on the 5 areas in and around Brooklyn identified on MSM. It's in a fairly large county with thousands of acres /hundreds of miles of rural land, woods, and waterways:

Poweshiek County, Iowa
Population: 18,550 (2015)
Area: 586 mi²
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 586 square miles (1,520 km2), of which 585 square miles (1,520 km2) is land and 1.1 square miles (2.8 km2) (0.2%) is water.
Poweshiek County, Iowa - Wikipedia

There was a rainstorm after she went missing, so even with everyone looking, there is still alot of ground to cover, so good news LE has narrowed down maybe where she could have last been seen/traveled to areas around town, and hopefully has eliminated the thousands of acres of rural country.

I don't understand the truck stop. A trucker isn't going to have a car or SUV, and he certainly isn't going to abduct someone and take them to a truck stop. Lots of truckers at a truck stop, too. Nearly 4 weeks - who's going to remember, and what is to remember?

Truck stops aren't just for truckers... And I'm sure some locals actually work there and see a lot. A friend of mine in college used to wait tables at the truck stop. She met people from all over the country, made lots of tips (truckers are generous), and always had interesting stories.

The part I’m not understanding is why her family believes someone known to her has seen her and why they believe she’s still alive.

Is there an evidence supporting this (apart from no body)?
First of all, I think they need to be optimistic and have hope. They are sending a message to the public and press not to give up and to keep the story center staged. This is how they will find the person responsible, is their belief. Although LE has not confirmed she is still alive they may have evidence that makes them feel she is still alive. Hope this answers your questions.

No body is plenty to keep a family hopeful.
As far as thinking it was someone she knows, I think they are blocking out the idea of a stranger as then her chances decrease dramatically.

Is it possible that waiting almost a full month before asking the most basic of help from the public I.e; changes in behavior, appearances etc., and now releasing locations of interest along side of it, they could have someone/thing in mind? In terms of looking for corroboration of a weak lead or multiple?

I have to believe that with the FBI and DCI involved, these are guys that do this on the regular and would know the basics 101 of what to ask the public for and would have done it early on in terms of when they entered the investigation. I can easily see that with a small town local LE may not be well versed in disappearances and may innocently overlook doing so, but not the FBI. Perhaps could there be a reason for that? Or do any of you see that this is an unfortunate trend in these cases and not likely connected to what they do or don’t have here?

If they don't have any movement in the case I would think they would start branching out into the outlying counties.
I think LE has good reason to believe she is very close around Brooklyn. They stopped the physical search with volunteers so soon. I thought at that time they had a POI and were very close to solving the case.

Most people might disagree with me, but I think that could be the missing mile in MT's 45 minute run. MOO

Investigators said that Mollie was last seen on W. Pershing Dr., but if we were to include the sighting on 2nd Street, this might be her intended route. I remember looking at the last leg of this route when she first went missing and hoping that she did not run along that stretch of the road.

Is this what you were thinking?

Attachments

• Mollie Run 1.jpg
    Mollie Run 1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 71
Honestly I'd be looking at everyone who washed or cleaned their car that evening at that car wash. It doesnt make much sense at all to wash your car during a storm. We can only hope the perp was that stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj123