Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it as wishful thinking.
I concur. It’s the only way to retain hope at this point. If someone who knows her has abducted her, then she still may be alive. It’s less likely that she is alive, if any other scenario is entertained. It’s not likely in general, IMO.

I agree. Although some of us may lol at it as a sketchy place to run, a local may not. However the fact that it’s a dirt road makes me second guess myself due to her asthma.
I've always had rather severe asthma, but I love(d) to walk. As I said before, as a teen I lived in a town of 365 people, we had 3 or 4 blocks in the entire town. When I went for walks, I'd almost always go out to the dirt roads rather than the tarred roads because I'd constantly have people offering me rides if I didn't. As long as there isn't a lot of traffic on them, they really aren't that bad. Of course a lot of times I'd just take the highway to the next town, which was 3 miles away. It usually took me about 45 minutes to walk there, which is why I question her route being just over 2 miles. I walked fast then, but not as fast as she probably runs. MOO

Truck stops aren't just for truckers... And I'm sure some locals actually work there and see a lot. A friend of mine in college used to wait tables at the truck stop. She met people from all over the country, made lots of tips (truckers are generous), and always had interesting stories.
I once stopped for gas at a rural truck stop at just after midnight, and saw a guy in an 80's long Halloween wig get out of the passenger side of a semi, and get into the passenger side of a small car being driven by a little lady who had to be at least 80. In the middle of the summer. I do not stop at truck stops alone anymore, because I have no good explanation for that scene. And I assume worse things can and will happen. But I think if something had happened to that guy or the little elderly lady, and they were asking for anyone to come forward who saw anything that night, I believe it would qualify. JMO.

Honestly I'd be looking at everyone who washed or cleaned their car that evening at that car wash. It doesnt make much sense at all to wash your car during a storm. We can only hope the perp was that stupid.
This reminds me, last night I saw an old case from Texas where 2 women were abducted and murdered together...the cops seized the vacuum debris from the car wash and trash cans, found incriminating evidence, long blonde hairs. Unfortunately the victoms’ remains for suspect DNA were too badly composed but the hairs from the car wash was able to provide a definitive evidentiary link.

Last edited:
What's been nagging at me is the fact that they are questioning 5 pm - 10 pm. What's peculiar is that generally it doesn't get dark around here until 9:30-9:45 usually. (I'm less than 3 hours from Brooklyn) So how in the world is someone going to nab someone in daylight? I'm just so confused as each day passes.

The 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. is a time bracket that puts MT's last known "confirmed" sighting, around 7:30 p.m., squarely in the middle. (Maybe later, 8? or 9?, by subsequent reports). I'm sure that LE has her timeline for that evening down cold (as they have assured us), based on eye witness accounts and digital data. We can now feel confident that she went missing between 7:30 and 10:00 p.m., the evening of the 18th, a 2 1/2 hour window. She should have made it to her mother's no later than 8:30 pm, to eat dinner, and to pick up the car and a red work shirt for the next day. This implies that she was taken on her run, usually 45 minutes in length, likely closer to 8 p.m. than 9 p.m. Her mother's MSM statement that MT's running clothes, shoes and other gear have not been found at MT's residences tends to bear this out. The issues about the contact lenses/eyeglasses and early LE leaks about homework being done later in the evening have been explained, in detail, in many posts above. But, you are right, this time line implies that she was taken during her run, while looping back to her mom's, while it was still light out. Sunset that day was around 8:41 p.m., with another half hour of civil twilight it would have been light until a bit after 9 p.m., and she would have likely been taken by 8:30 p.m. That evening, you would have been required to put your headlights on at no later than 9:11 p.m. in Brooklyn, IA.

It is possible for a two person team, using the ubiquitous (white) panel contractor's van (or contract delivery van) with a sliding passenger side cargo door, to snatch and grab a music distracted runner in less than 30 seconds without having to actually stop the van (a rolling stop and go). Unless you were actually positioned to watch it happen, from behind the van or on the passenger side of the van, she would simply be there one moment, and then gone the next as the van rolled on. The observation by DR that she may have been running with a pony tail would make it even easier to do this. There is even a genre of "Rape Van" *advertiser censored* that encourages this fantasy, and which demonstrates this maneuver (you can find anything on the web). Yes, taking someone while it is still light out IS a bold move. Unfortunately, in this circumstance, fortune might well favor the bold as MT is missing, and we still don't know for sure how it happened. MOO

Cold is when no new info or,tips are coming in...imo
Yes, but isn't it way to early to determine that? I thought they have 1500 tips! After how much time, and what are THE SPECIFIC requirements by LE to declare a particular case COLD, in general, is what I would like to know.

I have no opinion on Mollies' disappearance but I don't feel that she is alive. Week 4 and really minimum news. I am glad that trucks are displaying her disappearance pictures. Exposure certainly cannot hurt. I hope that she is alive but I have my doubts. This thread is full of good theories but at the same time is heart-breaking.

LE said they basically searched the whole town, didn’t they? There is an article on this thread detailing the searches. If she is hidden nearby, she is well hidden, I guess. But not sure how they searched every row of corn.

Absolutely a crime of opportunity. I mentioned the Evansdale cousins abduction and murder, where the abductor left the girls' bikes, cell phone and purse at a secluded location next to Meyers Lake. Police spent a lot of time looking around the lake for the girls. Months later, the girls were found by chance 20 miles North of Evansdale. The abductor left evidence that misled police.

In this case, we see police spending a lot of time looking in the Guernsey area, but I doubt that Mollie is in that location. At the same time, we know that a "ping" of some sort led them to that area. That could well be a similar evidence trail intended to milead police.

Regarding one farmer in the Guernsey area, when social media learned about the Guernsey area searches, they zeroed in on one person who had a run-ins with police. Everyone else in the area who owns land and farms that were searched has been ignored. I think it's a coincidence that police are searching an area where one person has some legal issues.

Thanks. Very interesting.

Are you aware that road is dirt/mud with ruts, etc. and isn't maintained like other roads?

It's got 'ankle twister' written all over it - IMO.
I grew up spending a lot of time around roads like that. I lived in Minneapolis as a kid but spent almost every weekend and all vacations from schools in the country. I moved to a small town just after my 14th birthday, and still spent a lot of time on dirt roads. I've never in my life had a sprained/twisted ankle.

It's interesting that LE isn't asking if anyone saw anything unusual at the truck stop or car wash. They want anyone in those areas between those hours to call. Makes me think LE has some very specific questions to ask.

Yes, this! I just made a rather long post that is essentially trying to convey just this line of thought. When the 2 PC were cancelled I was of the mindset that they have nothing but after this latest one and really reviewing everything I just feel like everything we’re not hearing is very deliberate as is the wording in what we are hearing(and likely has been the case all along) I feel like these locations revealed and being asked about is with intent and not necessarily due to just a ping placing her around these places although I could see that.

Honestly I'd be looking at everyone who washed or cleaned their car that evening at that car wash. It doesnt make much sense at all to wash your car during a storm. We can only hope the perp was that stupid.

Agreed - but I thought I remembered reading that it didn't rain until around 1:30A on the 19th?

If I lived in the area, I would take an afternoon to walk in this area. The bridge is being repaired, but it seems like a secluded enough place to hide a body.

McIntyre Bridge (McDowell Bridge (Incorrect Name) / Skunk River Bridge) - HistoricBridges.org

I agree with the surrounding area, it does look like an area that Needs searched if it was missed!
However scrolling down on the page there’s this
This bridge has been relocated. This page and its photos and maps document the former location of the bridge.

This bridge has been relocated and preserved for pedestrian use in Auburn Heights Preserve in the State of Delaware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump