Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, in a parent's mind, giving up hope equals giving up on your child who may need you to hold that hope for them, and a parent will not abandon hope until there's proof. In the mind/soul of her mother and father, abandoning hope is abandoning Mollie. I've lost a child. These protective instincts are a primal stoic force that often have less to do with denial and more to do with it's just wired that way.

I am very sorry for your loss. As a parent, I can think of nothing worse. :(

I once stopped for gas at a rural truck stop at just after midnight, and saw a guy in an 80's long Halloween wig get out of the passenger side of a semi, and get into the passenger side of a small car being driven by a little lady who had to be at least 80. In the middle of the summer. I do not stop at truck stops alone anymore, because I have no good explanation for that scene. And I assume worse things can and will happen. But I think if something had happened to that guy or the little elderly lady, and they were asking for anyone to come forward who saw anything that night, I believe it would qualify. JMO.

Once, a long time ago, I was sitting in the lobby of the Petro truck stop on I-10 in Hammond, LA, having my boots shined. The whole place fell stone cold silent as a tall, statuesque, platinum blond woman walked in wearing only high heels, a baby's disposable diaper and a bikini top. The only sound you could was the clacking of her heels as she walked to the shower rooms. Weird stuff happens at truck stops, especially at night. It is no wonder that LE is looking at one of the truck stops in the Brooklyn, IA area!

Totally hypothetical-getting into the conversation about highlighted areas potentially having cameras, and if Mollie was recorded, LE still not releasing color of clothing she was wearing (hypothetically due to black/white, low light conditions, etc).

the carwash owner stated to msm that he turned over cctv footage and card transactions to LE

Speaking of memorials how come the town has not had something for Mollie? Don't most towns come toget
My cousin is LE in the Delphi area and was put on the A& L case in the very beginning (he has since been assigned to another task force, though he still works with those who are on the case). He said that out of the 20,000 or 30,000 tips, only a very small percentage (talking barely out of single digits) are actual tips with info. By far, the majority have been web-based, from people outside of Indiana, sending in their personal theories or asking things like, "Have you thought about questioning school workers/neighbors/garbage men/etc?" I can only imagine how time consuming and frustrating that must be. When they say they want tips, they mean something like, "My boyfriend/husband/neighbor/dog walker/drug runner who lives 10 miles from the crime scene came home that night smelling like bleach, drops of blood on his shoes, and carrying a woman's bracelet that he claims to have found."

Absolutely that's the kind of tips they want and will help. I always wonder who is taking all these tips? Is it LE or office personnel or volunteers? Just being curious and sluething out those tip takers. LOL

My son used to call people like this 'Great Idea Fairies'. :)
Yup. People think they are helping by speculating and throwing around ideas of what law enforcement should be doing. I can only imagine the headaches that these “tips” are causing. I know these people mean well, but they aren’t helping at all.

Truck stops are gathering points, also full of cameras, generally. Many people passing near the town stop there. Who knows, maybe someone saw something odd. But then they may not know of the case at all, or LE’s interest. Many of you might be surprised how little the general public follows news or more than a cursory glance at cases like this. I live in NM and no one I know has ever heard of the cases on here, other than maybe Casey A. and that Jodi one. Mollie is getting a lot of coverage but not obsessively...sadly that may change depending upon the outcome. If there is an outcome...no way of being sure.

Once, a long time ago, I was sitting in the lobby of the Petro truck stop on I-10 in Hammond, LA, having my boots shined. The whole place fell stone cold silent as a tall, statuesque, platinum blond woman walked in wearing only high heels, a baby's disposable diaper and a bikini top. The only sound you could was the clacking of her heels as she walked to the shower rooms. Weird stuff happens at truck stops, especially at night. It is no wonder that LE is looking at one of the truck stops in the Brooklyn, IA area!

I just..um..what?

That's what I have always suspected as well, but Mollies dad certainly sounds convincing. He is certainly succeeding in what he is trying to do.
Bless his heart. A natural family member reaction.

Maybe she is alive.

———

I like that someone here actually has a “working theory” ( @Hatfield)
Since we don’t have much else, maybe we can really focus on that MO abduction some more?

Last edited:
Yup. People think they are helping by speculating and throwing around ideas of what law enforcement should be doing. I can only imagine the headaches that these “tips” are causing. I know these people mean well, but they aren’t helping at all.

I did time on a tip line...for a couple of cases over the decades. Before internet mostly. Oh my...I can only imagine now as they are not getting strictly local calls, I’m sure. Everyone on FB “knows” something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of memorials how come the town has not had something for Mollie? Don't most towns come toget

This is exactly what I’ve been wondering. Prayer vigils... something. It all just strikes me as so odd. Nothing like what I’ve seen in a lot of other cases. Maybe closing ranks to protect the investigation??? I don’t even know what could be the reason so I’ll stop speculating. Just makes me go hmmm.

Okay.. one thing is for sure in my opinion.

From the latest interview FOX had with RT & DJ, I'm almost certain that they know she is alive. (Which makes me seriously optimistic and happy)

Every time I see those two I think how lucky they are to have each other as a support person during this terrible time!

Maybe not services, but the Catholic church where I live has youth group and religious education classes on Wednesday nights. So there are plenty of people around on a Wednesday.

Catholic churches can choose to have daily weekday mass, M-F, at any time during the day, including the evening. It is not the norm around the country, but in rural communities, having weekday mass in the evening is sometimes done because many are working on farm or field in the morning. In fact, St. Patrick Church in Brooklyn (Mollie's church) DOES hold their daily mass in the evening (but there is no mass at St. Patrick on Wednesday! It is held at St. Bridget in Victor on that day -- they go back and forth between the churches as there is only one priest between the two churches). Of course there could have very well been some other activity happening at St. Patrick that night, but the bulletin for the week in question doesn't reflect that.

Here is the schedule:
St. Patrick's Mass Schedule (Brooklyn)
Saturday Vigil: 5:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am
Tuesday: 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:30pm
Third Thursday of the Month -- Mass is at 9:30am at Brookhaven Nursing Home, Brooklyn

St. Bridget's Mass Schedule (Victor)
NO Saturday Masses until October
Sunday: 10:00am
Monday: 8:30am
Wednesday: 5:00pm

This is one article which mentions that Mollie was seen on video.

What's the timeline of Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance?
Several witnesses told police that they saw Mollie running that evening. She is also recorded on video surveillance cameras.
So assuming this report is correct, would this mean she was only spotted going one way? Of course this might not be significant if she was doing a circle, cutting across, etc.

I'm sure they have considered all the possibilities, and I'm also sure their nights are long and those thoughts are torturous. But, im also sure that having their daughter returned to them is all they are hoping for. The love for a child is truly limitless, and whatever obstacles that could possibly be put in their path would be overcome by that love. And time...
I honestly pray for their family, and that they get the chance to have MT home safely to heal.

Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members