Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE said they basically searched the whole town, didn’t they? There is an article on this thread detailing the searches. If she is hidden nearby, she is well hidden, I guess. But not sure how they searched every row of corn.
Maybe by air with the infrared camera? Couldn't possibly search thoroughly on the ground.

Removed to avoid confusing people

Last edited:
That looks like the route I was thinking. What if they have video from the car wash that shows a woman jogging and a few seconds later a car or truck following, or a car or truck that pulled out from a business and drove in the same direction. They may want to ask anyone in the vicinity if they saw a jogger or a car matching that description.

This is exactly what I've been thinking!

Mollies disappearance is breaking my heart, I don’t know her, never met her , but I do feel like I have some sort of connection to her somehow. I want her to be found. I wish we had answers. But all we can really do is speculate. I’m 33 years old and I thought I’d never say this, but I think we have come to a point in this world that we should have the choice to have a gps tracking device implanted in our children. I believe California started doing it years ago. I mean if this is what it takes to find out lost babies then my gosh , so be it.

To me, the idea of implanting gps devices into my children is just as frightening as the idea of one going missing.

So assuming this report is correct, would this mean she was only spotted going one way? Of course this might not be significant if she was doing a circle, cutting across, etc.
This is one article which mentions that Mollie was seen on video.

What's the timeline of Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance?
Several witnesses told police that they saw Mollie running that evening. She is also recorded on video surveillance cameras.
There is no attribution at all for her stating that key fact - being recorded on video - in her report. That is a pretty bold statement by the tv producer without citing any LE source as the basis. Many news organizations would not print that without asking her to identify the source of the information. Given the fact no other media have repeated this or reported it, I think makes it suspect. Perhaps she knows something no one else in the media does and she is just extra good at her job.

Mollies disappearance is breaking my heart, I don’t know her, never met her , but I do feel like I have some sort of connection to her somehow. I want her to be found. I wish we had answers. But all we can really do is speculate. I’m 33 years old and I thought I’d never say this, but I think we have come to a point in this world that we should have the choice to have a gps tracking device implanted in our children. I believe California started doing it years ago. I mean if this is what it takes to find out lost babies then my gosh , so be it.
Is there really such a thing as GPS tracking implanted in people? They do this in California? I thought that was only in the movies!

If LE hasn’t been collecting everyone's trash since the 1st week then they dropped the ball. Jmo.

That towns garbage should be shifted through for clothing or electronics or something.

1 garbage bag probably holds alot of physical evidence and most likely made its way into a garbage truck weeks ago. Jmo

No offense, but if we can't use Radar as a source, can we trust another site that is reposting something from that site?
Which source is doing this? I hadn't seen that.

If LE hasn’t been collecting everyone's trash since the 1st week then they dropped the ball. Jmo.

That towns garbage should be shifted through for clothing or electronics or something.

1 garbage bag probably holds alot of physical evidence and most likely made its way into a garbage truck weeks ago. Jmo

As a rural place, they probably take their own garbage to the dump (I guess now it would called a "transfer station").

Edit: They can use a private service for curbside pickup (it looks like Brooklyn contracts with this company for recycling).

Or they can go to the local transfer station down the road.

Last edited:
Great post. I’ll just add one scenario that allows for a lone abductor. A lone individual in any type of vehicle, sees Mollie running. He pulls slightly ahead, around a turn or in some sort of blind spot. He waits for her to approach and quickly overpowers her. He perhaps uses zip ties or duct tape to quickly bind her (there’s lots of alternatives here). He then throws her into the trunk or back seat and drives away.
Yep. Quickly.
Ted Bundy did this in Seattle, a big city teeming with college students; in a college town near Olympia, Wa.; a college town in Ellensburg, Wa,; in Redmond, Wa.; at OSU in Corvalles, Oregon; in Burien, Wa.; two times in one day, at a lake near Seattle, Wa., in broad daylight; in Aspen, Co.; and on and on, with people all around. The women/girls were hitch-hiking, in their beds at night, at a ski resort hotel, at a shopping center, walking down the sidewalk, etc., etc., He would get them in his VW, and he'd just go on down the road. He finally got caught, as we know, but he left hardly any clues until he went berserk in Florida.

• D&M Car Wash at Clay and East Second streets in downtown Brooklyn
  • TA Truck Stop at 4124 V18 Road, about 2.5 miles south of downtown
  • 385th Avenue by Historic U.S. 6, about one mile west of downtown
  • 385th Avenue and 200th Street, more than three miles northeast of downtown
  • 430th Avenue and 200th Street, more than six miles southeast of downtown

If it hasn't been mentioned, 200th st is V21. Trace 385th back into Brooklyn and that's where I think things took a bad turn. There's a secluded cut through from North St to Mom's sub-division just West of this.

A month later? Kinda LE 101. Before widening the search, which hasn't always been public, I think this may have been done.

Jamiee Mendez's family found evidence in a dumpster outside a CVS near the perp's home soon after she went missing.

I think they would describe the vehicle...they should do, anyway. That is NOT something to hold back.

They might not know exactly which vehicle should be of interest. What if there are a few and they want to hear what people who may have saw them think? See if anyone noticed any of the vehicles earlier in the day? I think we'd all throw tomatoes if they said we're looking to speak to the owners of 4 black SUVs. It might be easier to just ask to speak to anyone in those areas.

Jmo other outlets will pick up that “story” and won’t worry about whether it is verified etc...

Fox News has a good pic of the car wash, for whoever was asking on the previous thread. There are 3 reviews on Google maps; 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Mollie Tibbetts search now focusing on car wash, truck stop and areas in and around Brooklyn, Iowa

I wonder if it isn’t a coin operated car wash. If so, it would be possible to wash your car almost anytime. The Fox News photo is credited to Google Maps, and this could still be from 2013. I wonder what it looks like now and if it’s possible to enter and wash your car at any time.

(Ok I’ve reported a broken link post, nobody quote a broken link, if you see a single quote tag and your post ant another post is funky, don’t quote it until the mods have had a chance to repair, otherwise they’ll be here for hours again :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ