Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Quickly.
Ted Bundy did this in Seattle, a big city teeming with college students; in a college town near Olympia, Wa.; a college town in Ellensburg, Wa,; in Redmond, Wa.; at OSU in Corvalles, Oregon; in Burien, Wa.; two times in one day, at a lake near Seattle, Wa., in broad daylight; in Aspen, Co.; and on and on, with people all around. The women/girls were hitch-hiking, in their beds at night, at a ski resort hotel, at a shopping center, walking down the sidewalk, etc., etc., He would get them in his VW, and he'd just go on down the road. He finally got caught, as we know, but he left hardly any clues until he went berserk in Florida.
Didn't he also remove the seat so there was room to put them out of sight?

One possibility just hit me that would account for several places she was supposed to be. If she started out going east on W. Pershing around 7:30, the guy there would probably be right about seeing her then, later when she was getting closer to the end of her run, she may have been running west on 2nd Street, so the guy there would be right about her passing there. If she continued on 2nd and then turned on 385th, she would probably have passed by the neighbor's house where LE told him she had passed but he hadn't seen here. Once she got back to the house, she may have just stopped running and started walking to her mother's house to eat, get the car and her clothes for the next day; that would account for the witness on W. Des Moines seeing her walk by toward Jackson. That would mean she was probably picked up on Jackson, taken to Hwy 6 and east to the NE area of interest. Did I miss much in that?

ETA: Running on 2nd Street would also have brought her past Casey's.
I’ve had this theory as well. Especially since she was seen on W Des Moines, time unknown however she couldn’t been seen on Pershing AND Des Moines at the same time. Are we on the same page with that?

Well, damm.

borndem, yes you are right. You can meet some shady characters too truck driving. For a short time years ago my ex husband and I were long haul semi truck drivers. I met some really nice people and I also met some really disturbing shady people. Like someone said in a post way back in a previous thread (pretty far back and I can't remember who) there are showers also at many of those truck stops. If someone HAD done something they could have probably went and took a shower and washed up afterwards at the truck stop. Just a thought. If I am not mistaken at those truck stops anyone can get a shower (not only a truck driver) if they get so many gallons of fuel (like a free coupon for a free shower or something like that).

If it hasn't been mentioned, 200th st is V21. Trace 385th back into Brooklyn and that's where I think things took a bad turn. There's a secluded cut through from North St to Mom's sub-division just West of this.
The other place things could have gone bad is the dirt rd out past the BJ house that leads to Old Highway 6 and Grinnell

I originally thought that also when I mapped out her 3.1 mile loop. After looking at Needles drive through, I think its too remote (385 part) and no shoulder to run on (old rt6). I wouldn't let my kids (20ish) run there.

I also think her 45 minute workout is a 30ish minute run (3 miles at 10 min/mile) and 12 minute walk or cooldown (1 mile).
If you had lived there, you might think differently about it. I'm going to go with what her family and DJ said. At this point, nobody knows if one of us is right, and if so, which one. There sure were a lot of commas in that sentence. :rolleyes:

Yes, but you have to pay. That's how it is where I live. People in Brooklyn can use that private service for curbside pickup , but they have to pay (buy the bags). Curbside recycling is probably free. Or they can go to the local transfer station down the road (they have to pay there as well, but is usually cheaper ... and not too hard if you have a pickup truck).
Everyone pays for water and garbage pick ups though. But the big items like couches have to be taken to the dump and you pay by the pound. Idk.

I’ve had this theory as well. Especially since she was seen on W Des Moines, time unknown however she couldn’t been seen on Pershing AND Des Moines at the same time. Are we on the same page with that?
I think we are. She couldn't have been going the same way on both streets unless one was wrong about the time, and she had somehow circled around,

Was MT working at the camp she was interning at earlier that day? If so, how did she get to her mother's (if her brother drove her to her BF's house) or BF's house if she went straight there? Do we know who drove her? Do we know how she normally got back and forth? No suspicions, I just don't remember anything concrete about that.

borndem, yes you are right. You can meet some shady characters too truck driving. For a short time years ago my ex husband and I were long haul semi truck drivers. I met some really nice people and I also met some really disturbing shady people. Like someone said in a post way back in a previous thread (pretty far back and I can't remember who) there are showers also at many of those truck stops. If someone HAD done something they could have probably went and took a shower and washed up afterwards at the truck stop. Just a thought. If I am not mistaken at those truck stops anyone can get a shower (not only a truck driver) if they get so many gallons of fuel (like a free coupon for a free shower or something like that).
Gosh would have never thought of that. Somebody with an inquisitive wife might have noticed things weren't right.
Take a shower at the truck stop. Interesting.

No this isn't true. Though I'm waiting for California to require parents tattoo their children with a warning that humans are known to get cancer in the state of California.
I laughed all the way out loud at this. (With a proposition 65 warning no doubt.)

ALSO: That truck stop on the map does not have a car wash (as others stated) but it does have laundry services.

Everyone pays for water and garbage pick ups though. But the big items like couches have to be taken to the dump and you pay by the pound. Idk.

What do you mean everyone pays for garbage pick ups (I am not talking about recyclables)? In Brooklyn? How do you know this?

There is no attribution at all for her stating that key fact - being recorded on video - in her report. That is a pretty bold statement by the tv producer without citing any LE source as the basis. Many news organizations would not print that without asking her to identify the source of the information. Given the fact no other media have repeated this or reported it, I think makes it suspect. Perhaps she knows something no one else in the media does and she is just extra good at her job.
It appears that it's attributed in that first paragraph, to DCI and PCSO but not quoted per se. Definitely could still be unreliable info.

Last edited:
There was some talk -speculation- of the possibility of a deer/car incident that was staged to hide damage to a vehicle in the last thread. I mentioned that the call logs showed a deer/car accident. I attached the log (LE public record). It happened on the 19th on Historic HWY 6 in Brooklyn at 9:17 PM. Keep in mind there were tornadoes nearby earlier that day, so the road conditions could have been bad.

Edited to correct time.

Attachments

• 7A5FEC5E-5CB3-4253-868E-12C0D96C5F2D.jpeg
    7A5FEC5E-5CB3-4253-868E-12C0D96C5F2D.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 29
Im glad almost $350k- $400k was raised for a reward.

But hopefully some is allocated to add traffic cameras on the rural roads and surrounding areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill