Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like propane deliveries. And most do pay. Atleast I would think so. Idk. But I guess some would elect not to pay and simply haul the trash themselves. So I can see that as well.

Im just use to rolling my 3 garbage bins to the curb on a weekly basis. So you have no arguments from me.
A lot of people I know in rural areas feed "garbage" to their animals or add it to compost, burn any trash they can (papers, cardboard, wood, etc.) recycle aluminum, copper, glass, and whatever else people recycle and take the little that's left to a landfill every month or so. The burning might not alway be allowed if you're right in town or if there's been a drought though.

Mollie’s cousin attended this vigil to represent the family. It was advertised locally on TV and radio as primarily for Mollie and Jake, but also for other missing Iowans. I remember mention of this location because of needed space for the crowd. You are right that there hasn’t been a local vigil in Brooklyn, but the impression here is that the Waterloo event was for Mollie.
There was another closer to where I’m at too. I can’t remember where, maybe Iowa City or Coralville? I didn’t go, vigils aren’t my scene.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know the law, but I imagine it's not illegal take roadkill with you if you want to strap it to the hood or if you have a pick up truck. Otherwise, it's up to the city or the county to dispose of something like that.
Or the deer may or may not have run off into the woods...

There was some talk -speculation- of the possibility of a deer/car incident that was staged to hide damage to a vehicle in the last thread. I mentioned that the call logs showed a deer/car accident. I attached the log (LE public record). It happened on the 19th on Historic HWY 6 in Brooklyn at 9:17 PM. Keep in mind there were tornadoes nearby earlier that day, so the road conditions could have been bad.

Edited to correct time.

Having hit a deer on a highway, I don't think you could stage a deer collision. The fur gets on your car and stuck in the cracks and dents. We are city people moved to the country so we asked a thousand questions to our car insurance agent and the repair shop fixing our car. They both said they see this constantly and it's obvious that you hit a deer and not another object. I think any repair shop the person went to would immediately know whether or not it was a deer collision.

Having hit a deer on a highway, I don't think you could stage a deer collision. The fur gets on your car and stuck in the cracks and dents. We are city people moved to the country so we asked a thousand questions to our car insurance agent and the repair shop fixing our car. They both said they see this constantly and it's obvious that you hit a deer and not another object. I think any repair shop the person went to would immediately know whether or not it was a deer collision.

I agree! I barely hit a deer one time, just sorta tapped him and he kept running off. Scared me totally, but after looked at my car there was just a little scratch, but lots of fur like in crack between the hood and the car and a bit on the bumper. No blood, don't think I hurt it at all.. just fur!

FWIW there's also a report of criminal mischief at 8am on the same day on Old 6 in Brooklyn on that same call log.
Okay, it’s on the 19th around 9:00 am. I just googled the address and it’s not far from The car wash.

Deer incident is underlined in yellow, criminal mischief is underlined in blue. Love color-coding (teacher).

Attachments

• 4BAF4CCF-D381-4BF7-8618-06DB533EEE0C.jpeg
    4BAF4CCF-D381-4BF7-8618-06DB533EEE0C.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 4DFF83E9-7857-4C8B-A6FB-0AFF2AA96537.png
    4DFF83E9-7857-4C8B-A6FB-0AFF2AA96537.png
    338.6 KB · Views: 44
Just like propane deliveries. And most do pay. Atleast I would think so. Idk. But I guess some would elect not to pay and simply haul the trash themselves. So I can see that as well.

Im just use to rolling my 3 garbage bins to the curb on a weekly basis. So you have no arguments from me.

In my area I'd say probably 1/2 people pay for the service. The transfer station offers free recycling so if you have a pickup truck it's cheaper to bring your own garbage and only pay for the bags of non-recyclable materials. When we first moved here we just bought garbage cans and left them outside expecting some sort of pick-up and all we got was a bear coming by and stealing the garbage. We quickly learned you have to arrange your own private pick-up.

Great post. I’ll just add one scenario that allows for a lone abductor. A lone individual in any type of vehicle, sees Mollie running. He pulls slightly ahead, around a turn or in some sort of blind spot. He waits for her to approach and quickly overpowers her. He perhaps uses zip ties or duct tape to quickly bind her (there’s lots of alternatives here). He then throws her into the trunk or back seat and drives away.

Yes, that could have happened too.
My scenario is the car or truck pulls along side of her and asks for directions. Being the sweet girl that she is, she goes to the window......can she be pulled through it? I say yes.:(

Yes, that could have happened too.
My scenario is the car or truck pulls along side of her and asks for directions. Being the sweet girl that she is, she goes to the window......can she be pulled through it? I say yes.:(

I have pretty much been saying this the whole time and I’m still sticking with this. I do NOT believe that she is with someone she knows and being held (even though the family keeps saying that). I think it’s a serial killer-type situation. And I think that’s why the FBI is all over this one, because I think they know it, too. If it was a domestic issue (friend or family abduction), I don’t think it would have nearly so much federal attention as it does.

Couldn't agree more. Believe me, you would know if you hit a deer. DH hit several when we lived back there (we used to tease him that he was the only person who hunted deer with a vehicle instead of a gun, or a bow and arrows :D)

I was with him when we hit one on the freeway. We saw a flash of brown fur flying in front of the car, so we knew what it was. The deer was well enough to run off. We weren't so lucky with the car.

And, no, I don't think a collision between a deer and a vehicle could be staged. Even though they will stand and look at you on the side of the road, as they are contemplating running in front of your vehicle, they will bolt when approached on foot.

There is no attribution at all for her stating that key fact - being recorded on video - in her report. That is a pretty bold statement by the tv producer without citing any LE source as the basis. Many news organizations would not print that without asking her to identify the source of the information. Given the fact no other media have repeated this or reported it, I think makes it suspect. Perhaps she knows something no one else in the media does and she is just extra good at her job.
I thought there was another article that said the same thing, but I'm not able to find it, so I most certainly will agree with you on that.

It appears that Mollie had a regular running routine and my guess is that the perp may have been watching and planning this abduction for some time. Hence they had already thought out a plan of what to do with Mollie after the abduction. LE have put many resources into this and don't seem to be making progress, this seems to be well planned out and not random?

In my area I'd say probably 1/2 people pay for the service. The transfer station offers free recycling so if you have a pickup truck it's cheaper to bring your own garbage and only pay for the bags of non-recyclable materials. When we first moved here we just bought garbage cans and left them outside expecting some sort of pick-up and all we got was a bear coming by and stealing the garbage. We quickly learned you have to arrange your own private pick-up.
Because I'm in the industry, I had to look up garbage service in Brooklyn. Odd way to do garbage collection, it appears they do not provide cans just bags. You only get a can for recycle. Surely there are commercial dumpsters for businesses though? Hope searchers checked the "City Brush Dump".
City Brush Dump | Brooklyn Iowa

Yes I am aware but they have not come together as a town to support Mollie and her family in Brooklyn!

Who from Mollie and DJ's familys were in attendance at the prayer vigil?

At the first PC, LC actually had to ask the public to stop bringing them food, as it apparently was an embarrassment of riches and more than they could eat! The local sign shop has been working overtime to crank out posters, signs, and buttons with local volunteer help. Iowa people are very friendly, nice people. I am certain that everyone in the Brooklyn area is doing whatever they can to help this family. I would bet that the family has not had a need to shop for groceries or cook since this started, unless they want to. Iowa people want to help in times like these, and it would be almost rude to tell them to stop bringing over covered dishes. Also, I bet the local churches (and some homes) will need new roofs, come the spring, from the wear and tear of all the prayers now being sent up to God. Being supportive of one's neighbors and standing by them is not a sprint to these people, where you show up one afternoon at a vigil and then go on your way; to them it is a marathon and a way of life. Also, the St. Jude Sweet Corn Festival in Cedar Rapids put up a prayer fence for MT this year, the first time they have ever done one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members