Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly what I’ve been wondering. Prayer vigils... something. It all just strikes me as so odd. Nothing like what I’ve seen in a lot of other cases. Maybe closing ranks to protect the investigation??? I don’t even know what could be the reason so I’ll stop speculating. Just makes me go hmmm.
Agree. I expected to see signs of Mollie missing in front yards and street corners during the video of Brooklyn. It was like a ghost town.
Now I'm wondering why no public support like I see in other cities when one of their own is missing.
I don't even see ribbons on trees that a lot of towns do.
Maybe a local can help us out.

And I would add that whatever she has gone through, she could still come out on top. Look at elizabeth smart and jacee dugard. They have made good lives for themselves. I suspect her family will be able to access whatever resources they need to help and support her. We just have to get her home!
(I am constantly amaaaaaazed by these victims...LC, a recently trafficked victim, has a thread here, has now adopted a mission in life to help other possibly trafficked victims and has specifically already reached out to another potential victim publicly...the strength of Castro’s victims, Amanda Berry and Gina D...I saw a case where a trafficking victim went on tv and told her horrific story strictly for the purpose of helping others...same goes with parents of victims, Tim Miller, Mark Klaas, Amber Dubois mom...the organizations formed, so much strength can come from these awful situations.

Regardless of LE searching, they still need to address this imo. They would not have searched properties 10miles out, i.e in easy range for a perp to make use of an abandoned or remote outbuilding, barn or even an derelict house. Tim Miller /Equisearch once found a body in an abandoned house as it seemed like a good place to look, if I recall correctly. But people all over the county should be advised to walk their properties (or ride) checking the land and inside structures. This is elementary.

Absolutely true, which is why we see parents behave this way, time and time again. I absolutely admire them in every way, and hope like everyone else here, this turns out well.

It's true. I know my son is dead. I was the one to discover his body. I saw him in his casket and stood right there in the cemetery and watched as they lowered the tiny casket into the ground and then stayed while they filled in the hole-and yet I sometimes think, well, what if it wasn't him? You'll hang onto almost anything

Truck stops, especially at night, are clearing houses of weirdos. Even at a well lit, modern one, like the large i80 one in Walcott, filling gas at 3am makes me uneasy. I scan and rescan who is out and about. Ample space to disappear notwithstanding surveillance. Being an attractive coed would make for an target not to mention owner operator truckers could easily transfer an abducted victim cross country as part of human trafficking.

And, in a parent's mind, giving up hope equals giving up on your child who may need you to hold that hope for them, and a parent will not abandon hope until there's proof. In the mind/soul of her mother and father, abandoning hope is abandoning Mollie. I've lost a child. These protective instincts are a primal stoic force that often have less to do with denial and more to do with it's just wired that way.
I am sorry for the loss of your child. You stated this much more eloquent than I did. Sending you sweet hugs as tears roll on my cheek.

So assuming this report is correct, would this mean she was only spotted going one way? Of course this might not be significant if she was doing a circle, cutting across, etc.
One possibility just hit me that would account for several places she was supposed to be. If she started out going east on W. Pershing around 7:30, the guy there would probably be right about seeing her then, later when she was getting closer to the end of her run, she may have been running west on 2nd Street, so the guy there would be right about her passing there. If she continued on 2nd and then turned on 385th, she would probably have passed by the neighbor's house where LE told him she had passed but he hadn't seen here. Once she got back to the house, she may have just stopped running and started walking to her mother's house to eat, get the car and her clothes for the next day; that would account for the witness on W. Des Moines seeing her walk by toward Jackson. That would mean she was probably picked up on Jackson, taken to Hwy 6 and east to the NE area of interest. Did I miss much in that?

ETA: Running on 2nd Street would also have brought her past Casey's.

Yes, that she continued down 2nd Street to the 385th turn off, and then took that back to the house. It would make it pretty close to a 45 minute run. MOO

That looks like the route I was thinking. What if they have video from the car wash that shows a woman jogging and a few seconds later a car or truck following, or a car or truck that pulled out from a business and drove in the same direction. They may want to ask anyone in the vicinity if they saw a jogger or a car matching that description.

Agree. I expected to see signs of Mollie missing in front yards and street corners during the video of Brooklyn. It was like a ghost town.
Now I'm wondering why no public support like I see in other cities when one of their own is missing.
I don't even see ribbons on trees that a lot of towns do.
Maybe a local can help us out.
FBI joins search of missing 20-year-old, Mollie Tibbetts

“On nearly every business and many of the cars in town are missing posters for Tibbetts as investigators continue their search.”

I've always had rather severe asthma, but I love(d) to walk. As I said before, as a teen I lived in a town of 365 people, we had 3 or 4 blocks in the entire town. When I went for walks, I'd almost always go out to the dirt roads rather than the tarred roads because I'd constantly have people offering me rides if I didn't. As long as there isn't a lot of traffic on them, they really aren't that bad. Of course a lot of times I'd just take the highway to the next town, which was 3 miles away. It usually took me about 45 minutes to walk there, which is why I question her route being just over 2 miles. I walked fast then, but not as fast as she probably runs. MOO
And not to mention something just draws me to that location.

That looks like the route I was thinking. What if they have video from the car wash that shows a woman jogging and a few seconds later a car or truck following, or a car or truck that pulled out from a business and drove in the same direction. They may want to ask anyone in the vicinity if they saw a jogger or a car matching that description.

I think they would describe the vehicle...they should do, anyway. That is NOT something to hold back.

But people all over the county should be advised to walk their properties (or ride) checking the land and inside structures. This is elementary.

Just speculating: If it is a local who did it, he wouldn't hide her on someone else's property if he wanted her to stay hidden. If he hid her on his own property, he could easily say he searched his own land and didn't find anything (he wouldn't have to worry until/unless LE came looking). So the other option would be out of town, or in a large, publicly accessible area, park, etc. MOO.

Investigators said that Mollie was last seen on W. Pershing Dr., but if we were to include the sighting on 2nd Street, this might be her intended route. I remember looking at the last leg of this route when she first went missing and hoping that she did not run along that stretch of the road.

Is this what you were thinking?
We might have already had this exchange but this route doesn’t take into consideration the Des Moines and Jackson sighting. Was it you who was thinking she finished her run and then walked to her moms to account for that sighting?

Mollies disappearance is breaking my heart, I don’t know her, never met her , but I do feel like I have some sort of connection to her somehow. I want her to be found. I wish we had answers. But all we can really do is speculate. I’m 33 years old and I thought I’d never say this, but I think we have come to a point in this world that we should have the choice to have a gps tracking device implanted in our children. I believe California started doing it years ago. I mean if this is what it takes to find our lost babies then my gosh , so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ