Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
I think its very possible.
Like mentioned in Post #47 he was escaping the Miner area because he knew the person that got away would go right to LE. So IMO he was getting out of dodge and would drive a long ways to get away from the area.

Like also mentioned it was only 2 turns to get there. I couldnt believe on the map how 2 turns and he could get to MTs area.

I also think he was probably on a mission to abduct a jogger since he failed with his attempt. He may have been in more of a rage after that and went looking again right after his failed attempt.

And since LE seems stumped this other Missouri case keeps coming up as a possiblity to me since the timing was almost perfect for him to be in her area.
Pretty hard for me to believe that someone capable of murdering a woman like Mollie would be oh so put out by a drive along the highway to complete that murder plan, LOL.

Molly Bish, Holly Piirainen (sp?), Lindsey Baum come to mind.

Of course those cases are unsolved so it can't be confirmed 100% that strangers were responsible, but the same could be said for the Evansville and Adelphi cases.
True, those are good points.

I’ve rewatched the PC, and it does seem like LE has suspects in mind but need to obtain warrants to confirm if they are POI.

Last edited:
That car wash has a lot of signage on the front and the doors are open. You can see it if you back the Google car up on the street that it’s on, like at an angle coming toward it...if that makes sense

there is a newer pic out there but I don't know how to find it. between the two I seen on here that are now gone there are some brown square appear to be lights, a larger night watch like light, what appears to be dispensers of ?car cleaning products? beside the money changer, more signs/lettering, and 4 cameras visable. was a person that I think had a wolf as their avatar? is that what we call the pics with our names? I think it was the wolf one that posted last night. I know where they said it was from but I know I can not post that here.

I respectfully disagree with this, even though I do get that feeling to some extent/on some days. I find it highly plausible and not too “CSI television drama” to believe that they for what ever the reason they could be leaning strongly in the direction of a certain individual(s)or have a hunch without a lot to go on and just need a final solid piece of something...anything, that’ll help them nail it down and formally name them as a suspect. Wishful thinking on my part perhaps.
very well could be. for some reason my mind just went to "they need more people to look into"

I didn't know about that. That's really scary to me because years ago we almost purchased a house in Bloomsbury, NJ (very small town) near that Rt. 78 truck stop. We had actually signed a contract, but my mom talked us into breaking it because she was concerned about the river. If we had purchased that house, we would have been living there at that time!

NewYork625, I was also thinking about the I-80 murders when I first heard about Mollie missing. Then the fact that she was jogging very close to I-80 when she disappeared. But I wonder if the I-80 murders are more like a crime of opportunity. How would that person KNOW that Mollie would have been out there jogging that day UNLESS he was following her on social media. There is also the fact that maybe the I-80 murders are a crime of opportunity due to his job. Maybe wherever his job takes him (say if he is a long haul truck driver) is wherever he kills. So the job would have taken him near a place that was near Mollie so to speak. That IS a thought.

I’m trying to come up with a comparison analysis to MT’s case and that of other similar ones where the victim was outdoors and abducted by a stranger. The only ones I can think of are Sierah Joughrin, Libby & Abby, and Evansville, IA girls. Does anyone know where I can find any others on this here? I want to compare mileage from where the victim’s remains where found and where they were abducted, if it was a serial abducter, motive, evidence used to find and convict the perpetrator, type of town crime occurred, etc. I figure this may be helpful to the MT case.

Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington

there is a newer pic out there but I don't know how to find it. between the two I seen on here that are now gone there are some brown square appear to be lights, a larger night watch like light, what appears to be dispensers of ?car cleaning products? beside the money changer, more signs/lettering, and 4 cameras visable. was a person that I think had a wolf as their avatar? is that what we call the pics with our names? I think it was the wolf one that posted last night. I know where they said it was from but I know I can not post that here.
I am not from Brooklyn nor do I live in a similar town but I am pretty sure any DYI car wash has cameras just in case of theft. Probably the only thing that links that area and the truck stop right now.

Yes Casey’s in small burgs are akin to Walmart in populated areas; to gossip and get the scoop as well as drinks, quick items and gas.
Almost all small rural towns have one now days along with a Dollar General if they are lucky.
I dont know the gen pop of her town perhaps 100 counting cats and dogs it looks very quiet. Casey’s are the local watering hole if there isn’t a bar.

The population of the town has remained just under 1500 for the past decade or so......here is a site with stats for the last two years: Brooklyn, Iowa Population 2017, 2018

I don't know about other areas, but where I live in a Metropolitan Area, there seem to be more bad batches of drugs being sold on the streets these days... What I mean.. Good batch of drugs = happy addicts, talking to themselves, laughing, keeping to themselves out of sight.. Bad batch of drugs = angry/violent addicts, screaming and yelling, arrests, fights, desperation, etc.

When I walk around downtown from point A-B I can always tell when a bad batch of drugs has rolled through by the way the addicts/homeless are reacting to the drugs.

Something to ponder.

NewYork625, I was also thinking about the I-80 murders when I first heard about Mollie missing. Then the fact that she was jogging very close to I-80 when she disappeared. But I wonder if the I-80 murders are more like a crime of opportunity. How would that person KNOW that Mollie would have been out there jogging that day UNLESS he was following her on social media. There is also the fact that maybe the I-80 murders are a crime of opportunity due to his job. Maybe wherever his job takes him (say if he is a long haul truck driver) is wherever he kills. So the job would have taken him near a place that was near Mollie so to speak. That IS a thought.
Sure, but then we would take into consideration the truck being seen in town. Too visible. However, some trucking companies give drivers a loaner car for an overnight stop so the driver can navigate around more easily where they are stopped. But a loaner car would be traceable if LE investigated truckers stopping in the area.

Someone mentioned SC being data and wifi.......now I'm wondering if Mollie's phone connected to wifi (around 9:45? or 10:00). Wondering if that's why they aren't looking for information after 10 and asked her mother if she was in a home at that time.
Is her university homework link available on an iPhone? Could she have left the window open and when she connected to a wifi it looked like she had logged in?

I know when I lived in Chicago, I would notice as I walked around that my phone would connect to various wifi of places I'd been to before and had passwords saved on the phone. So I'd walk past the Kimpton hotel, and suddenly I'd be on Kimpton wifi.
Maybe she was near enough somewhere she'd logged on before, or maybe even there was a mobile hotspot near where she was (or was being taken) and her phone logged onto the wifi for a second.

and all those places you noticed logged into would have your mac address. that doesn't mean to much in reguards to this except LE likely knows her mac address from her own router if from no where else so if she connected to a wifi that router would have logged her mac address. now take that thought and understand there are some places that have wifi and require no passcode. like the truck stop. and potentially any other network that she had saved passcodes for or was a open wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho