Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything else being (somewhat) equal - we are ALL vulnerable - as two (or more) can always over power one!

I think people watch too many movies wherein one person takes on two or more and wins - laughable!

When you cross the road and there's traffic both ways; you look around and listen; you mitigate the risk; infact it's a natural response; 'stop, look around'; you can do that with lots of scenarios; a bit of preparation can make all the difference. You can do 'roleplay', you can seek advice from LE etc.

I've also been thinking that if the perp was watching her on and off he would know her schedule. He would also know that he could walk into her house and have 45 minutes before she returned. A tired 20 years old woman would be shocked to open their door and get a gun in the face. He could have even had his car in the garage...
Then he would run the risk of being seen entering or leaving, and of leaving evidence in the house.Makes more sense IMO to take her during her run, it is sparsely populated farmland in the back of nowhere for the most part. She is very petite, so maybe not too hard to compel her into a car....or if he was known to her, she could have gone willingly. No one even knew she was gone until the next day, so I think whoever took her knew of the boyfriend's absence and realised he had plenty of time to do whatever he wanted. He is in their circle of 'friends' imo.

I personally think it's so creepy that there are actual people out there that are smart enough to grab a girl and leave absolutely no clues as to what happened. Are they just lucky or skilled? So with all the technology fitbit, cell phone she still can't be found. How did that happen?
It would be remarkably easy I feel...

I once spent over an hour hiding in the wrong house thinking it was my cousin's... They had a dog and it didn't notice I was in the closet... I walked out the sliding door when I heard the shower turn on and no one ever knew... I was petrified the whole time, but shocked that no one noticed I was there when they came home. ALWAYS lock your doors

I personally think it's so creepy that there are actual people out there that are smart enough to grab a girl and leave absolutely no clues as to what happened. Are they just lucky or skilled? So with all the technology fitbit, cell phone she still can't be found. How did that happen?
Right? I can’t sneak into the kitchen and grab a cookie without being caught.
I do believe it’s a matter of practice in small ways first and knowing what they’re up against as far as disposing of that digital footprint.

Then he would run the risk of being seen entering or leaving, and of leaving evidence in the house.Makes more sense IMO to take her during her run, it is sparsely populated farmland in the back of nowhere for the most part. She is very petite, so maybe not too hard to compel her into a car....or if he was known to her, she could have gone willingly. No one even knew she was gone until the next day, so I think whoever took her knew of the boyfriend's absence and realised he had plenty of time to do whatever he wanted. He is in their circle of 'friends' imo.
Who would see her. He could have even hung out in the parmi got at the co-op... Cameras were down and everyone knew it.

Agreed - to me though, they are truly the "runts of the litter" (so to speak) - as they are not fully developed human beings!

If I ruled the world - when found, these people(?) would be swiftly removed from society. :)

I kind of agree. For one, most seem to be all in on a undercover perp. Some sinister movie of the week type criminal. In real life most murders are done by family, neighbors, friends co-workers and people known to the victim. Stranger danger is far down the list.

I always start from there. So, while he might get caught or have the person escape early on, the longer it goes the more likely it would be she left willingly.
This only applies to someone who is over the age of consent. She's 20 years old and may not have wanted to live the rest of her life in small town Iowa the way it looked like it was headed with the the bf expected to propose in the next month.
Once she went off to college all bets were off.
She spent a long time talking to her Dad. Maybe a longer talk than usual of 3 hours.
He said he thought she left with someone she knew and he probably knows what he's talking about. If there's no evidence to the contrary.

While you make a lot of sense here and your ideas are certainly among the possibilties, I remember following the Abigail Hernandez' case and many, many sleuthers here felt she had either run away or met up with someone who harmed her. There were lots of interesting theories and reasons for thinking she just took off. In reality she was chained in storage container miles away from home. She is incredibly lucky to be home with her family and while her abductor is in prison.

Last edited:

Welcome, Kathryann. Nice to see you on WS. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. My thoughts too on this.

Right? I can’t sneak into the kitchen and grab a cookie without being caught.
I do believe it’s a matter of practice in small ways first and knowing what they’re up against as far as disposing of that digital footprint.

Get off SM and use a VPN and you can greatly reduce your actual footprint... You can look like you are sitting home on your laptop but really be on a tablet 1500 miles away

We don't know what the police have; but they must have something; as per their map of 5 places of interest.

THIS! I took a self defense class about 10 years ago and probably need a refresher. But very embarrassed to admit I bought a canister of pepper spray and left it sealed in the package for 10 years until two days ago. Don’t ask me why, denial maybe, or maybe the fear of it accidentally going off lol. I did a test spray and then read up on pepper spray and it apparently goes bad in the 2-4 yr range after manufacturer. I immediately ordered more. Ladies, check your pepper spray and order more if it’s old. Anyways, this all happened two days ago, thanks to Mollie and reading about other cases on WS. You never know.

I have a ring that I try to wear whenever I’m going to be out. A man invented them originally for his wife. It looks like a wide silver ring from the front, but inside your fist it ends up being claw shaped with a fairly sharp point (not razor sharp). It doesn’t hurt you to wear it, but if you get grabbed, it gives extra leverage (and pain) while you are instinctively defending yourself. I realize it probably would not fully overcome someone that was fully bent on destroying you, but it would have an element of shock and pain and possibly give you the chance to run.

again, getting a warrant can be done and no notice given.
I don't see why people focus on the call. I talk on the phone with my dad for at least 90 minutes a few times a week. ..
I don't think curiouscricket was focusing on the call, more that their scenerio seems possible to them based on the fact that her dad seems firmly to believe she is alive and that someone may be in over their head, and may be sending a message to this person.

While intellectually I'm very much inclined to agree with you, wouldn't it be brilliant if Mollie was held captive by a lonely older man who "got in over his head," and finally let's Mollie go-- knowing he'll likely spend his remaining life behind bars, which in his mind, already see's himself a prisoner living in loneliness under a dark cloud.

It would be a miracle for Mollie, which I would love to see, but I don't think that's plausible.

It's impossible to keep up here so sorry if I missed it but are there anymore PCs scheduled this week?

When you cross the road and there's traffic both ways; you look around and listen; you mitigate the risk; infact it's a natural response; 'stop, look around'; you can do that with lots of scenarios; a bit of preparation can make all the difference. You can do 'roleplay', you can seek advice from LE etc.

Certainly - my point is - none of us are invincible - regardless of training, experience, et al.

I have a ring that I try to wear whenever I’m going to be out. A man invented them originally for his wife. It looks like a wide silver ring from the front, but inside your fist it ends up being claw shaped with a fairly sharp point (not razor sharp). It doesn’t hurt you to wear it, but if you get grabbed, it gives extra leverage (and pain) while you are instinctively defending yourself. I realize it probably would not fully overcome someone that was fully bent on destroying you, but it would have an element of shock and pain and possibly give you the chance to run.
Great idea! Whatever works to get away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member