Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This News article was posted yesterday, August 14th, 2018. Can a local person tell me what forest they are referencing and is it close to Brooklyn?

'It's heart-wrenching': Unwanted dogs left on their own in Iowa forest. 'It's heart-wrenching': Unwanted dogs left on their own in Iowa forest

My thought is... What if MT's body was discarded in this unnamed forest in Iowa with these dogs? The article says: Several of the rescued dogs have fresh wounds from being attacked by other canines. One elderly dog, Ralph, got an infection after his eye was wounded. Volunteers witnessed a dog being attacked in the forest after another dog lunged and bit its leg.

Just a random thought.... in my belief that this is a serial killer case that may end up to be a cold case....

It’s just such a frightening thought to think that any of us could be the next victim if we aren’t careful....and just to think that once you get taken, one of your last thoughts might be that nobody is ever going to know what happened to you. Terrifying.

Women in particular should always carry some sort of self defense option on her any time she is alone. And take self defense classes when possible.

I've been teaching my daughter self defense for years. She even broke my thumb at 6 years old when I tried to surprise her and put my hand over rher mouth ... However, no matter how well trained I still fear it's would be hard to overpower most females.

Sadly the statistics also agree with you

Statistics are helpful for looking at what happens across a group in the aggregate, but you need to be wary of applying that data to any individual case. (See ecological fallacy)

"Statistics? Statistics? Statistics mean nothing newbie. As doctors we know that people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer have an 85% death rate within five years, whereas people having an appendectomy have a 95% survival rating, but we both know pancreatic cancer sufferers who are still alive and appendicitis patients who didn’t make it. Statistics mean nothing to the individual. Not a damn thing." ~Dr. Perry Cox, Scrubs

Actually, I think it's a younger guy. IF Mollie's father is right (he DID talk to her for 3 hours on Sunday so he might be), Mollie had begun to understand she had a "situation." However, they had no idea it would take this turn this quickly. Someone had developed a crush on Mollie and was becoming bolder and bolder. The night she vanished, she willingly got into the car with him to "talk", he became very emotional and acted out -- landing them into the middle of a situation he doesn't know how to get out of. He's overcome with emotion right down, particularly FEAR -- which is dangerous. IF this is the case, Mollie's dad needs to go on TV and have a heart-to-heart talk with this person, telling him he knows he's a good person, Mollie told him she cares about him, just not in "that way", they both love Mollie and just want her to be safe and happy. They have a situation that needs to be handled, let's work this out together. Get my phone number from Mollie and call me, let's figure this out. There's $400,000 reward money to use for his defense . . . You're a good person, your emotions overwhelmed you for a minute, but we can fix this . . . "

That's if her father's instincts are right.

May I respectfully make the point that there is no indication of this. The Tibbetts kids and dad routinely spent hours on the phone on the weekends catching up. Nothing unusual about it, as reported in MSM by the family. It's how they stayed close. My impression is if anyone had a hint of a person around Mollie being drawn by her in a weird way, then they'd know the perp. But that hasn't happened yet.

Re: talk here of a possible serial killer — mention in the press conference of a car wash makes me think that she was possibly struck by a car while running (a car which was then cleaned at the car wash). Which would be tragic (and criminal, if the driver hid her body instead of coming forward) but not necessarily the work of a serial killer.

If this were the case the friends probably had their phones on them, no? If you're going to play a joke on someone you're probably not going to worry about leaving your phone at home so you don't have a GPS footprint. So I would think that LE would be able to track their location with Mollie's digital info to see if they followed the same path. I don't know what exactly it entails when LE investigates people known to the missing person. Do they ask to them to turn over their phones? How much are they able to look at without warrants if someone is not particularly cooperative?
Yeah guess I forgot about the cell phones..........
Was thinking about the troubled kids from when I was growing up no such thing as call phones!!!
Will nix this!!!

I know absolutely nothing about Snapchat but found something today that some of you may find interesting. I'm guessing you all know that you can't download your data using the Snapchat app. but there is a way of doing it.

Read para. 2

Snapchat Support

Ot

I love your SN. I met Judge Judy on a beach by her house in Naples FL.

Hi! New to websleuths. And just a few boards behind but I notice everyone is saying "he" when referring to the perp. May I ask why? Some of the post sound as if they have a profile on the perp but I havent read that anywhere. Can you provide that source?

The reason I am curious... what if "he" is a "she". Maybe I've watched way too much ID channel but..

We know the BF is not a suspect as far as LE is concerned but what if BF had a side dish that wanted to be the main course? I would suppose she would've known that Mollie would be alone. I suppose LE might already have that theory in play and are desperate to fish out anyone that can confirm that line of thinking. I.e. high reward money.

What if is was a female coworker or friend?

Or a combination of both. Mollie had a friend who was in town with BF while Mollie was away at school. Mollie comes back for the summer and it's all too much. Friend and BF secrete lover pulls a Long Island Lolita on Mollie. Women snap all the time.. apparently.

Anyone know if this Avenue has been explored?

Probably LE has looked at all sides, explored all the usual angles (and love triangles are high on the list), and done due diligence as they did with WC. With this much involvement and so many resources, it seems they are not taking any chances. Realistically, I agree with you -- Mollie leaving town for college made room for new acquaintances for both of them. If DJ worked out of town and often in the same town, that opens new avenues. The one thing that could have pushed this is Dalton's brother's tease about his wedding being a good place to propose to Mollie. If DJ were considering that, it could have been all that was needed to push the secret romance over the edge. Perhaps she had been looking forward to Mollie's new apartment and Mollie going back to school even more than Mollie was. . . . . However, just as the public doesn't know of anyone having a "crush" on Mollie, there hasn't been a hint of anyone else in DJ's life either, has there? They appear to be a remarkably straight-arrow couple and family.

Just a random thought.... in my belief that this is a serial killer case that may end up to be a cold case....

It’s just such a frightening thought to think that any of us could be the next victim if we aren’t careful....and just to think that once you get taken, one of your last thoughts might be that nobody is ever going to know what happened to you. Terrifying.

Women in particular should always carry some sort of self defense option on her any time she is alone. And take self defense classes when possible.
THIS! I took a self defense class about 10 years ago and probably need a refresher. But very embarrassed to admit I bought a canister of pepper spray and left it sealed in the package for 10 years until two days ago. Don’t ask me why, denial maybe, or maybe the fear of it accidentally going off lol. I did a test spray and then read up on pepper spray and it apparently goes bad in the 2-4 yr range after manufacturer. I immediately ordered more. Ladies, check your pepper spray and order more if it’s old. Anyways, this all happened two days ago, thanks to Mollie and reading about other cases on WS. You never know.

I've been teaching my daughter self defense for years. She even broke my thumb at 6 years old when I tried to surprise her and put my hand over rher mouth ... However, no matter how well trained I still fear it's would be hard to overpower most females.

Everything else being (somewhat) equal - we are ALL vulnerable - as two (or more) can always over power one!

I think people watch too many movies wherein one person takes on two or more and wins - laughable!

Assuming Mollie is alive, whether she's held captive of somebody she knows or an stranger, I believe she has the personality to possibly earn that persons trust, and secure enough freedom to effect her escape, or where the perp lets their guard down and Mollie escapes (or perp releases her). AH was held captive in a metal shipping container for 9 months on Nate Kibby's property where I believe she escaped under the similar circumstances. I recall her captor even allowed her to send her Mum a letter to let let her know she was alive! From what I've learned about Mollie, if anyone could escape it would be her...

<changed full name to initials>

I followed AH's case while it was on going. That case really blew my mind and her family is so lucky to have her back. As long as we have girls like AH, Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard making it home there is reason to hope against all the odds for Mollie's return.

So true No_Digital_ footprint, my husband has been teaching our daughter and son too. My daughter TRIES to overpower my husband and she just CAN'T do it (he is a big guy). I wouldn't be able to overpower a man either. If my husband tried to overpower me I would cave. I mean I would fight for my death of course with anyone that tried to abduct me. But I am sure fear would set in and I would have a hard time fighting him off (if not for my small frame to begin with). It is a fact that MOST men are bigger AND stronger than women.

Everything else being (somewhat) equal - we are ALL vulnerable - as two (or more) can always over power one!

I think people watch too many movies wherein one person takes on two or more and wins - laughable!

I agree... I was a boxer and wrestler through college and did MMA after... I could EASILY be taken down in the right circumstance.

So true No_Digital_ footprint, my husband has been teaching our daughter and son too. My daughter TRIES to overpower my husband and she just CAN'T do it (he is a big guy). I wouldn't be able to overpower a man either. If my husband tried to overpower me I would cave. I mean I would fight for my death of course with anyone that tried to abduct me. But I am sure fear would set in and I would have a hard time fighting him off (if not for my small frame to begin with). It is a fact that MOST men are bigger AND stronger than women.
I think I could take my husband out if there were no holds barred, like eye gouging and crotch kicking, for example ;)

I personally think it's so creepy that there are actual people out there that are smart enough to grab a girl and leave absolutely no clues as to what happened. Are they just lucky or skilled? So with all the technology fitbit, cell phone she still can't be found. How did that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406