Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This house has young guys living there with 2 dogs and I'm sure a lot of visitors... They wouldn't find one out of place human hair ...

True, but the FBI would have searched that house with a fine toothed comb (or at least I would think they would have) and any strand of hair or anything out of place I would hope they would have sent into the lab to be analysed and if it came back as an unknown person of course they would try to find out who that is. They have all the equipment to do all that stuff. Of course they would probably question and find out every person that had been in that house BEFORE they collect evidence. Then if they find any evidence linking them to those persons they will know they had already been in there and POSSIBLY rule them out (I am saying possibly because anyone that had been in that house on a previous occasion could have also kidnapped her). For all we know it could have been someone like the cable guy. But I would think if a perp is smart enough he would KNOW not to go into the house and leave evidence (he would wear gloves, etc.). Just all MY assumptions. I am just guessing here. Here is a case of a person that was actually wrongly convicted because ONE of his hairs was at the crime scene.

Thirty years in jail for a single hair: the FBI's 'mass disaster' of false conviction

I've also been thinking that if the perp was watching her on and off he would know her schedule. He would also know that he could walk into her house and have 45 minutes before she returned. A tired 20 years old woman would be shocked to open their door and get a gun in the face. He could have even had his car in the garage...

This particular senario has occurred to me as well. That would be the ultimate in catching anyone off guard, wouldn't it?

i hope that scenario is true

You misunderstood. I think it's possible the person is not a stranger to HER.
But, perhaps there was something risque about the relationship that prevented her from sharing with family and future flatmate. Especially, if they really dig the official bf.

It seemed to me the 3 hour conversation may have dropped hints to her Dad. It is his suspicion she could have left with someone and they are in over their heads now that gives it legs, in my opinion.

Not likely, but just to think from a different angle:

Could the abductor have an unhealthy animosity or jealousy toward DJ rather than a unhealthy love and lust toward MT?

When I was younger, though rare, I had known some immature guys who would "hookup" with a girl (or at least do all they could to try) solely because they hated the dude she was dating. They did it simply because they knew it would hurt and humiliate him. Sometimes it wasn't even expressed to the other guy after the deed was done, they did it just to get a sense of power over the other guy I think. Of course, in those cases, while manipulative and detestable, it was consensual and without coercion between the girl and guy. However, if somebody had an extremely broken moral compass, they could take this type of mindset much further and to a very dark place. In their mind, what would destroy DJ and hit him where he is most vulnerable?

Why would somebody potentially feel this way toward DJ? I don't know. Perhaps DJ had bullied, or was perceived to have bullied or slighted, this person in school (maybe even just at some point in elementary school and the person never forgot), or maybe he stole their girlfriend at one time, or maybe he just rubbed somebody the wrong way at work (remember we are talking about the abductor being somebody who is "off" in the head).

I doubt that this is what happened, but it is a different motive to consider.

Last edited:
Dad's lingo reminds me SO MUCH of the Heather Elvis case when she first went missing her dad said she was betrayed by someone she trusted. At the time the public didn't know ALL of the details and it still took a long time to make an arrest (even harder time getting to trial) b/c of the lack of evidence. I'm not sure how much info they (family) have but LE may have a firm TL of her digital and physical footprints but need something more than "you were the last to talk to her" to make an arrest. IMHO

I'm sticking by my observations and profile of the perp I posted. I think within the next week or two there will he another missing person within 4 hours of Brooklyn.

Ok, so I'm curious. Why are you expecting another missing person? I know your profile of the perp says that he's probably done it before, but why again? Increased thrill?

While 385th Ave seems the logical exit point from Brooklyn, and it’s deservedly getting a lot of attention, I decided to tackle the southernmost point because I find it strange that the FBI have marked it on their map. It looks like that land would normally be under cultivation and there are only a few scattered farms. However, most of them fall outside the area identified by the FBI. I can’t believe anyone would notice what was going on in that area at all, but why are they drawing attention to it.

If you depart Brooklyn, you’ll pass a large truck stop just before turning onto the I-80.

View attachment 142188 View attachment 142189 View attachment 142190

The area next to the Pilot Travel Centre also has a very large truck stop adjacent to the I-80 together with truck repair facilities on the other side. The last map encompasses the entire southern spot.

View attachment 142196 View attachment 142197 View attachment 142198

Both routes have one thing in common – truck stops, but if Mollie left the area along one of her usual jogging routes, willingly or not, that that seems highly unlikely. I only work with facts and the ones that are known to us are only leading to endless speculation so I’ll leave it to others to go down that path.

Bump

Maybe I am off the charts here. Lets start from the beginning when MT was safe.
MT must of agreed at some point to dog sit. When was that?
MT knew DJ was going to be away & BJ & fiancée. When did she learn this?
MT probably told co-workers she would be alone. Who would she of told?

We know her Mom knew
She probably told JT since he dropped her off after work
(could JT of told a friend????) Could friends of decided to scare the crap out of her by attempting a kidnapping & things went south? Guys that age have been known to do worse. Whether she was jogging or returning from the jog. Set it up as a joke?
Co-workers?

MT got hurt & all are terrified & refusing to talk now?

I know when your raised in small town Iowa we looked for something to do for entertainment. Ours was never hurtful to anyone ever. Just saying.......

If this were the case the friends probably had their phones on them, no? If you're going to play a joke on someone you're probably not going to worry about leaving your phone at home so you don't have a GPS footprint. So I would think that LE would be able to track their location with Mollie's digital info to see if they followed the same path. I don't know what exactly it entails when LE investigates people known to the missing person. Do they ask to them to turn over their phones? How much are they able to look at without warrants if someone is not particularly cooperative?

FoxNews link

Mollie Tibbetts search now focusing on car wash, truck stop and areas in and around Brooklyn, Iowa

If the perp drove with MT to a secluded tract of farmland accessible only by dirtroads. Then it follows the perp would first want to hit the car wash to wash the dust off the exterior & vacumn/wash the interior of his vehicle for any hair/fluids/blood or any evidence i.e. ear pods of a crime.

There is a reason why investigators are turning inward to focus on a very fine eyed number of areas in Brooklyn. One in particular is a very specific 'car wash'. Even before the press conference;prior to the announcement of a .gov website FBI forensics had been at work. The CSI had gone over that car wash' with a microscope all drains,catch basins,vacuum containers,surface water holding ponds/facilities,ever frame of video you name it.

The EPA is stretching to include farm areas with new requirements for water treatment plants. Investigators were not going to miss any opportunity no matter how elusive to solve MT tragic case.

There must be physical clue that was a game changer i.e. piece of her ear pod,tie wrap,a vehicle dirty then appearing washed on CCTV ( ? )that their investigation turned inward to a more focused areas of Brooklyn.

Perhaps not a single clue but enough for the probability of it being of significance in the window of opportunity between5 pm to 10pm of urgency.

My Opinion Only

Her father acknowledged his theory was speculation and wishful thinking. LE in no way seems to have a "crush" suspect who the father was aware of.
That is true and I considered it. But I also considered all the talk of when the family was right and even had to go their own way to save a loved one. How one of the women kidnapped by Castro could not forgive her family for giving up on her.

The experienced serial actually makes more sense to me, but I would LOVE to be wrong.

True, but the FBI would have searched that house with a fine toothed comb (or at least I would think they would have) and any strand of hair or anything out of place I would hope they would have sent into the lab to be analysed and if it came back as an unknown person of course they would try to find out who that is. They have all the equipment to do all that stuff. Of course they would probably question and find out every person that had been in that house BEFORE they collect evidence. Then if they find any evidence linking them to those persons they will know they had already been in there and POSSIBLY rule them out (I am saying possibly because anyone that had been in that house on a previous occasion could have also kidnapped her). For all we know it could have been someone like the cable guy. But I would think if a perp is smart enough he would KNOW not to go into the house and leave evidence (he would wear gloves, etc.). Just all MY assumptions. I am just guessing here. Here is a case of a person that was actually wrongly convicted because ONE of his hairs was at the crime scene.

Thirty years in jail for a single hair: the FBI's 'mass disaster' of false conviction

OT...
I've always thought that the perfect way to cover it up would be to take the trash bags full of hair from a barber shop and just make an absolute mess at the scene... Especially if as a perp, your hair was cut there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper