Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a reason why investigators are turning inward to focus on a very fine eyed number of areas in Brooklyn. One in particular is a very specific 'car wash'. Even before the press conference;prior to the announcement of a .gov website FBI forensics had been at work. The CSI had gone over that car wash' with a microscope all drains,catch basins,vacuum containers,surface water holding ponds/facilities,ever frame of video you name it.

The EPA is stretching to include farm areas with new requirements for water treatment plants. Investigators were not going to miss any opportunity no matter how elusive to solve MT tragic case.

There must be physical clue that was a game changer i.e. piece of her ear pod,tie wrap,a vehicle dirty then appearing washed on CCTV ( ? )that their investigation turned inward to a more focused areas of Brooklyn.

Perhaps not a single clue but enough for the probability of it being of significance in the window of opportunity between5 pm to 10pm of urgency.

My Opinion Only

They pull the filters and can analyze the junk in there... Hair and blood

Is anyone else growing concerned that they are never going to catch a perp or find any trace of Mollie? Just me?
it's always a fear of mine with missing people and murder cases, yes. i really really hope not and i hope the new website can generate solid leads but i am also surprised that Missy Bevers case is still unsolved when they have so much video evidence.

From the presser re the highlighted locations on the map:

“Those are just locations that were again highlighted on the map to help remind people if they were to tap into those sites and to be able to hopefully generate some ideas and some thoughts. So no specific reason for those certain areas but we are hoping that people will look at the map again to be able to jog their memory basically.

1,500+ tips, 500+ interviews

We continue to strive to bring her home safely."

I've only looked at the southern region and I'm uncertain how that area would jog virtually anyone's memory.
I watched the PC again today and man did he stutter and and seem to get flustered when the areas in red were questioned. Almost like he didn’t see that question coming.

You misunderstood. I think it's possible the person is not a stranger to HER.
But, perhaps there was something risque about the relationship that prevented her from sharing with family and future flatmate. Especially, if they really dig the official bf.

It seemed to me the 3 hour conversation may have dropped hints to her Dad. It is his suspicion she could have left with someone and they are in over their heads now that gives it legs, in my opinion.

If Mollie's father suspected that she was gone willingly, I think her would have told LE immediately and we would not be seeing all so much FBI, etc. involvement. I think this is a real situation for Mollie, but one that might still be manageable.

Is anyone else growing concerned that they are never going to catch a perp or find any trace of Mollie? Just me?

I agree. The longer this goes, the greater chance it has of becoming a cold case. I agree with many of the posters throughout all of these threads who are concerned it is an I-80 criminal problem.

It would be so easy for anyone on the road a lot for work, even married or whatever, somebody otherwise normal, to have a terrible hidden problem, and be abducting girls occasionally here and there and dumping them. The thing with a lot of serial killers is that nobody suspects them, because they are so “normal”.

No telling how many of these “normal” guys are out there abducting girls over and over and never leaving a trace. Without a body, the cops will never find these perps.

I'm not there yet. Sometimes, it take s a while. LE has a lot of manpower (person power?) on this case. They seem to have a timeline and have identified 5 areas of interest. The perp in this case is not the usual husband/boyfriend/ex. It will take time. MOO

Ok, so I'm curious. Why are you expecting another missing person? I know your profile of the perp says that he's probably done it before, but why again? Increased thrill?

I agree with N_Digital_footprint on this one Peony459. The reason why is this perp knew what he was doing. Most likely planned it in advanced (due to no evidence and the fact LE still has not caught him). If it was planned this much in advance I am thinking he will strike again. I'm thinking he may have already done this before (not his first rodeo) and that's WHY he is so experienced. Not sure when but he WILL strike again. He will probably wait til all the media coverage and everything regarding the search for Mollie dies down. But maybe not. Just all MY opinion though.

Last edited:
I think they know who as in seen on cctv or digital fingerprint but they don't know WHO that is as in a name or location.

From the little I understand, when consumer are tracked, the company that tracks their movements have a picture of where they shop in relation to the ads they're exposed to. They'll report the general flow of consumers, say these consumers who go to Walmart also go to theses movie theaters. Each consumers is given a number, always blind, then those numbers correlate with another blind number the actual ad company or product company gives them. To identify each consumer is possible but I think a warrant is necessary to turn those anon ID numbers into actual names, because the tracking companies don't normally do it. That's a bad explanation, sorry, best I know.

Just a random thought.... in my belief that this is a serial killer case that may end up to be a cold case....

It’s just such a frightening thought to think that any of us could be the next victim if we aren’t careful....and just to think that once you get taken, one of your last thoughts might be that nobody is ever going to know what happened to you. Terrifying.

Women in particular should always carry some sort of self defense option on her any time she is alone. And take self defense classes when possible.

Hi! New to websleuths. And just a few boards behind but I notice everyone is saying "he" when referring to the perp. May I ask why? Some of the post sound as if they have a profile on the perp but I havent read that anywhere. Can you provide that source?

The reason I am curious... what if "he" is a "she". Maybe I've watched way too much ID channel but..

We know the BF is not a suspect as far as LE is concerned but what if BF had a side dish that wanted to be the main course? I would suppose she would've known that Mollie would be alone. I suppose LE might already have that theory in play and are desperate to fish out anyone that can confirm that line of thinking. I.e. high reward money.

What if is was a female coworker or friend?

Or a combination of both. Mollie had a friend who was in town with BF while Mollie was away at school. Mollie comes back for the summer and it's all too much. Friend and BF secrete lover pulls a Long Island Lolita on Mollie. Women snap all the time.. apparently.

Anyone know if this Avenue has been explored?

Welcome HopeLives. Thank you for joining WS and adding your thoughts to the thread for Mollie. Makes sense.

I agree with N_Digital_footprint on this one Peony459. The reason why is this perp knew what he was doing. Most likely planned it in advanced (due to no evidence and the fact LE still has not caught him). If it was planned this much in advance I am thinking he will strike again. Not sure when but he WILL strike again. He will probably wait til all the media coverage and everything regarding the search for Mollie dies down. But maybe not. Just all MY opinion though.

He won't wait... He likes the coverage. Might be on all the FB pages and even here. It's a game or sport for these people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!